FORUM D&D GAME (UPDATED: FINALIZED DETAILS) JOIN NOW!

By the bye, I've made a couple of characters to test out the encounters I've got planned to make sure they're at the level of challenge I want, and I figured I may as well offer those up as pre-generated characters if you guys wanted them.

Flint Fireforge (Dwarven Fighter)
Tanis Half-Elven (Half-Elf Warlord)
Raistlin Majere (Human Wizard)
Tasslehoff Burrfoot (Halfling Rogue)

Also, NoblemanNick, here's the character sheet for your character:
Hadrian Hawkeye (Human Ranger)

There's also a big PDF filled with "Power Cards" for all of the powers your characters might have, if you want to use them. There are actually several from around the net, but this one is the only one I've seen where it's one PDF with everything. I'm linking you in case you'd like them.
Power Cards and Character Sheets for 4e D&D

I've updated the mega-post with this information. Also added NoblemanNick and Quiversee as confirmed players.

Also, I'm moving back the start by one more week, to July 18th, 2008. So you guys have an extra week do get your characters together.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Thank you and that's perfect I'll be back from my camp that very same day. I'm good and confirmed, if anything else happens I'll post here or email you. Sayonara for now.
I'm definetly interested. I haven't had much free time recently (and most of it I burn with buddies) so I'll probably be late with making a character. I might get it done for Thursday but if not I'll have it for Saturday/Sunday.
Sorry I havent got my sheet in yet. My scanners busted and its getting fixed. Should be done in about 3 days or so, so I can still participate on time.
Keep in mind that when I pushed back the start time to next Friday, I also pushed back the "Have your character sheets in by Thursday" period to the thursday before that, so you don't have to have character sheets in until the 17th now.
Oh, okay. I'll have it done by then. Otherwise I'll give you my address and you can come and punch me in the face for being such a huge slacker.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
My core rulebooks came so I'm good now just reading up on everything.
Okay, guys, let's start getting those character sheets in! And I'd still like another player or two if possible! The game starts Friday, so let's get it going.
Scratch what I just had. I can probably get a sheet in by Friday. That is if youll accept an excel sheet with all the data.

To get a real sheet I'll need at least a week or so.
I don't mind people joining later in the campaign, but it's going to be hard to run a game with only two players. If more people don't sign up by, like, tomorrow I'm going to have to postpone it again....this time "Indefinitely until we've got enough players," probably. -_-

Seriously guys, we need more players! If you guys know anyone on IRC or even in real life who would be interested, point them to this thread!
I have no idea how to D&D... :( Never done it before.
author=kentona link=topic=1335.msg24062#msg24062 date=1216250393
I have no idea how to D&D... :( Never done it before.
Well if you're interested in playing anyway, you can learn as you go. That's what NoblemanNick is doing!
Question Shadowtext, how did you get the character info into the character sheet in PDF format? I've been scribbling my character down on paper planning on putting him into electronic form later and I'd rather have it pretty on a character sheet than something I'd probably do in OOWriter/Word.

(Also fuck you Chapters. What the hell is wrong with you?)
I found an editable character sheet online that lets you do it....I don't know if you can save it in Adobe Reader, but FoxIt reader lets you do it.

Here, I've uploaded it to my site, so I'll link it here:
Editable Character Sheet
Sweet, thanks. I'll post my character when I'm finished (which given my rate, will be late tonight at the earliest).
This helps me too. I can definately get a sheet in by Friday, and I like it better than a scan anyway.

But I have a problem. Why cant I edit the boxes? It doesn't let me select any of them.

EDIT: I just got an error message from the page and it says that it had certain rights that are disabled in this copy and that to enable them I need the original version. Does that mean anything as to why I cant edit it?
I dunno. Maybe it's because I uploaded it to my site, but that doesn't sound right....did you save it to your computer first? If you did, just try searching for editable character sheets on google--I don't remember where I found it, so I can't provide a link.
Well I found another one, but it has a new hitch. It wont let me save any typed data. Any clue how to pass this one?

Adobe reader apparently doesn't like my machine.
Quiversee: Download FoxIt reader. Adobe won't let you edit the PDF.

Shadowtext: You made a mistake on your fighter pregen character for his fortitude defense. You can only add the higher of the character's strength or constitution modifier, you can't combine them. So his Abil fortitude modifier should be +3, not +6 giving him a fortitude defense of 15.

See page 17 of chapter 2 (the ability scores), left column, at the bottom.

(I'm not sure why I brought this up since its just a prefab character anyways)

There's a similar mistake on NoblemanNick's character: He has a +2 mod from his strength so his fortitude defense abil modifier should be +2 instead of +1.

Still picking away at mine.
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=1335.msg24098#msg24098 date=1216266294
Quiversee: Download FoxIt reader. Adobe won't let you edit the PDF.

Shadowtext: You made a mistake on your fighter pregen character for his fortitude defense. You can only add the higher of the character's strength or constitution modifier, you can't combine them. So his Abil fortitude modifier should be +3, not +6 giving him a fortitude defense of 15.

See page 17 of chapter 2 (the ability scores), left column, at the bottom.

(I'm not sure why I brought this up since its just a prefab character anyways)

There's a similar mistake on NoblemanNick's character: He has a +2 mod from his strength so his fortitude defense abil modifier should be +2 instead of +1.

Still picking away at mine.
Yeah, I noticed that too, but didn't bother to update the PDFs--just made notes of it elsewhere. It's not the only mistake I made, and I suspect it's not the last. First time on 4e, this is going to be a learning experience!