FORUM D&D GAME (UPDATED: FINALIZED DETAILS) JOIN NOW!

whats the server name gonna be on maptool
It doesn't have a name. It'll be a direct connect to IP 68.1.124.36.
Is anyone else able to connect? I keep getting timeout errors. (Port 51234 forwarded, not on firewall blocked list)
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Hows everyone's first game? Can someone explain what happened?
Everybody freaking DIED because someone decided that attacking the Elder Wyrm was a good idea. You know who you are.

Yeah, none of that happened.

Gaunt (Gaunt), Alian-something (Quiversee), and Wayne (me) met up outside the town of Solice. The backstory was that five of us (Gaunt, Quiversee, GRS, NoblemanNick, and Piper, the DM PC) went looking for the true gods and had decided to meet up in Solice after a few years. The three PCs met up outside of town and bumped into some Goblins looking for a mysterious Blue Crystal and they were searching people to see if anyone had it. They decided to 'search' us. Enter Fight #1.

The fight ends with the Goblins running away thanks to Gaunt's bluff that there are a lot of hidden archers ready to shoot them (I didn't even get a turn). With the Goblins out of the way we headed to the inn where we met up with Piper, the DM Cleric PC. She tells us that she found a Blue Staff (which looks like a regular short quarterstaff) that gives our wizard (Quiverse) the shivers. We also hear that some church guys (the Seekers?) are looking for it, so the party decided to ask them about the staff (while acting that we don't have it, we say we're looking for treasure or something) so we plot a path to Haven which is a long walk away.

To cut down on travel time, we plan to go through the DARKEN FOREST instead of the long road. We approach a hill or something outside the forest and we get stopped by cloaked "Holy Men". They say that they need the Blue Staff to heal their dying friend, we stick with the cover that we don't know anything about it (although Piper was getting close to blowing it), everybody starts getting aggrivated as they don't believe us and Wayne (me) tells them to shut the hell up at some point. Combat starts.

During the fight the cloak blows off the 'Holy Men' and they are revealed to be your average freak of nature. Killing them turns them to stone, except in one case where one blew up. After a tough fight (everybody but Gaunt, who never got targetted, got bloodied up and Alian got as low as 2HP), we won, their dead statues turned to dust, and we got ready to loot their cart.
Speaking of the DM Cleric PC GRS mentioned, I'm still looking for someone to take over that character. I don't like her being an NPC--anyone wants to play a halfling cleric with a magic staff (but no access to any of her powers), let me know.
NoblemanNick
That sounds awesome... I'm sorry I was not able to be there for my first game. I was at Wrestling Camp and then when I got back home on Thursday night, I was told I would be going to my friends party at the movies, he had called while I was away and my parents had accepted the invite for me. Please post when the next game is going to be and I'll definatley be there hopefully. Also should I be aware of any items I may have been given or levels or EXP?
No items have been collected yet and we're doing the simple experience thing of just levelling up every ten or so battles.
Me and quiv might be able to get a friend of ours to play the cleric. gonna ask him today (7/21) would that be alright?
Go ahead. The more the merrier. As long as we're under eight people. If we ever get to that point I might have to start turning people away.
NoblemanNick
My friend might be willing to as well.
Is it too late to join in on this? I've played 3/3.5e my whole life and I'd be interested to have a go at the new rules (Gygax absolutely hated them...I'm curious to see why). I can get ahold of a 4e PHB pretty easily and put together a character with the point buy no problem.
Hey guys i will be able to play this friday but im not sure about next friday gonna be in the middle of arizona and they're not big on Wi-Fis at their truck stops will update if somethings changes
Yeah, there's still room. If everyone who's expressed interest this week actually does join, it's going to be about as many as I can handle. Get me a character sheet by Wednesday or Thursday, though I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to work everyone in just yet.

So yeah, everyone, joining is fine, but make sure you've read the megapost and try to see if you can't get Ventrilo working on your computer since we're going to try to switch to that by Friday. If you can get me your character concepts before you send me the character sheet, it'll help me figure out when to work you in.

Also, keep in mind that for this first session for the newcomers, you're probably going to be sitting on the sidelines for a portion of the session while I work up to a good intro point for you.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
How did things go last week, ST?
Well enough, but I wasn't totally satisfied. VOIP is a definite necessity and I still need to get used to the new system. The players said they enjoyed it, but I feel like I could've done better.

I need to work out a better reference system, too. I didn't have Power Cards printed out for all the PCs and I really should have.

I've been meaning to toss up a recap, but I've been tired and busy, so I haven't gotten to it yet.
Any updates on people getting Vent yet? Or is it still a little to early to ask that?
NoblemanNick
I just downloaded the Client for Ventrilo so I'll see if it works for me. Probably will.
if you wanna use my vent server the info for it is Hostname: iodine.typefrag.com
port #: 39094 ill be on it all day to help people get theres workin right if they sign onto it
NoblemanNick
Hello Gaunt for some reason my Mic is not working I need help Setting Ventrilo Up?

I tried contacting you on chat function