A LAZY GUY? MAKE RPGS? PFFT.

Pages: first 12 next last
Welp, after seeing all the helpful things on this site/forum, I decided to join myself. I call myself "nonemployee," but a lot know me by "mamaluigisbagel." If you've seen my RPGs, you know why I'm here xD If not, lets just say my game needs SERIOUS help. But I'll try to put that topic where it belongs.

Anyways, after looking at all of Cherry's plugins, patches, etc and watching PepsiOtaku's RPG videos, I've gotten very interested in RPG Maker again. (2k3, since its the only one that is sideview because I prefer that way) I've got a lot of questions, so be prepared to answer them, if you can. >:)

I may post a topic for my game here, but to be honest, after looking at all the RPG games out there made with 2k3, I'm ashamed of mine :(
welcome to RMN! I don't know you!
Hello and welcome! I don't know you either. And everyone has to start somewhere. Practice! That's the key.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I don't know any of you!
well, by "a lot" i mean like 5 excluding random subscribers xD

@Solarlune: I've actually been working on these games for about 6 years. Only completed one, which was back when I first installed rpg2k3 xD God I wish I still had that game. It was horrible, but oh, the memories.
Don't ever be ashamed to post your game up here just because you see something done on 2k3 and you think your game can't complete with the rest. Pfft...who cares. Even if you're NOT the greatest in the graphical / mapping department, surely your game may offer something superior that most games can't. And even if you're not that very good, all the advice and critique from everyone here just might help you become better at using the engine towards future projects.

Oh...and welcome to the forums, bud. Try not to be lazy and post up your game(s), 'kay? ^^
@Addit: my question is where do I post them? xD I haven't looked EVERYWHERE but I'm still a little confused.

And thanks for the welcome. ^^ I'll try to post anything I can...as long as I don't spam them, because as I've said (I think) I start up multiple projects just because I get bored of one xD Boredom is my plague
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
nonemployee:

And I thought you were lazy! Welcome to RMN.

To post your game you need to follow a process described here:

New to RMN?

Go down to the FAQ section and press Show. Look for the answers to these two questions:

How do I submit a game?
What are the submission guidelines?

That should clear up most questions you have. Good luck with it!
@edchuy: I've read a bit of things like that, but none of my games are ready for a demo.full release. Do I have to wait until then or does the submissions include works in progress?
I think WIPs are acceptable as well, yes.
edchuy
Yes, you would basically be submitting the things to create the gamepage for your project. Having a download available is not required for that at all! Just imagine if it were required ... I guess you get the idea.
Okay, I'll think about it. ATM I've been considering cancelling my games anyway, so I may not post them. I might post an RPG not related to the trilogy I'm cancelling.
edchuy
Ironically, you could actually post a cancelled game, although it wouldn't a good start for you here @ RMN. If you do so and you have some sort of demo, you would definitely have to post it. That way, at least people would be able to get a look at what had been accomplished and get a sense of what could have been. You'll notice that there are many games that get cancelled at some point or another for various reasons.

What's worse is for games to be in development limbo for years and years, keeping their fans hoping, with no status updates whatsoever. Note that you can put your game on Hiatus if you need some time away from it for whatever reason and you plan to get back to working on it.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Welcome to RMN, you'll fit in right with your laziness and all, just as long you're not a furry and a fan of Pepsi.

Good to see some newbies who use RM2K3, everyone uses VX or VX Ass these days.
...Well, I don't consider myself a furry, but most of my friends are.....guess that's bad too xP

Well, as far as I've seen, you have to pay for VX and XP. (or do you?) Besides, I VERY much prefer the side-view and ATB battle style.....plus I'm just more familiar with it.
author=nonemployee
Well, as far as I've seen, you have to pay for VX and XP. (or do you?) Besides, I VERY much prefer the side-view and ATB battle style.....plus I'm just more familiar with it.

Just so you know, ATB/Side-view battle style is very much possible in VX and XP. In fact, anything is possible there with the power of scripting.

But yeah, only thing is that they're not free (though they do have 30-day trials).
author=eplipswich
Just so you know, ATB/Side-view battle style is very much possible in VX and XP. In fact, anything is possible there with the power of scripting.

But yeah, only thing is that they're not free (though they do have 30-day trials).

True, but I don't know a single thing about scripting. Probably a reason why I think my RPGs are no good. *shrug* If I knew scripting, I could probably make my game everything I ever wanted it to be......but I can't. ;_;
Pages: first 12 next last