TALES OF SYMPHONIA STYLE SKILLS (HI-OUGIS)

Pages: 1
Hello, first time posting here. Sorry if this is in the wrong place or the answer is obvious. I've searched all over google but no results are coming up.

What I'd like to add to my game is special skills where upon activation, the user says something and then a portrait of the character pops up (like in Tales of Symphonia, Genis uses Indignation Judgement and says "I'll show you your powerlessness!" and a portrait of him pops up for a second). Would this be possible?

I remember seeing something regarding the battle portrait cut ins, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was, and as I said, google is yielding no results.

Thanks in advance!
Derp, a page I was in earlier has the battle cut in info I need, but apparently I backed out of the page too early.

I'll play around with it and see if I can get the cut ins to work, I'll probably need help with it cuz I'm a newbie to this. Haha
Alter Aila Genesis does this on RM2K3 (manga-style cut-ins for special moves) so poking the creator of those may yield some interesting information for your situation.

Anytime you learn something new from someone who has contributed guidance, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to ATTRIBUTE them in the readme and credits of your game! And not just a generic 'special thanks' but an actual 'scripting help' or however specific that you wish to get in the credits.
author=darkwraith007
Anytime you learn something new from someone who has contributed guidance, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to ATTRIBUTE them in the readme and credits of your game! And not just a generic 'special thanks' but an actual 'scripting help' or however specific that you wish to get in the credits.

"I'd like to thank Clarence Landry, my 4th grade Math teacher, for teaching me my multiplication tables. This project wouldn't have succeeded without him."

xD
Ok then Link. :P
If you learn something from someone who was not financially compensated for teaching it to you, then you should attribute them in your work.
Obviously I'm referring to RM specific things rather than general mathematics.
I'd have to disagree though. Unless the person actually requested they be formally thanked. Especially on these forums, people will answer questions you put forth out of the goodness of their heart. Not to be publicly acknowledged.

You should make a poll topic and ask people what they think. That would actually be interesting to find out.

I don't read credits for any game, even commercial games. I simply don't care who was behind what, the game is all I'm interested in. Make a poll for that, too.
I'd rather not derail the thread with this.
I'm also not planning on making new threads on the forums.
Others can do what they will.
I don't think the OP is going to come back, and he didn't even say what maker he is using. If he is using VX Ace, then it's possible to do what he asked. It might require some hard work editing graphics and voices, but it's easy. :D
Oh man, I had given up on this topic. Sorry guys. Thanks for the responses. It turns out I'm not even going to go with the hi-ougi thing anymore, did a complete overhaul of my game's skills and didn't make any "super" skills.

Plus, when I tried to make a hi-ougi, the skill activated and did damage, then the user said his line, then the image popped up (in the wrong place!), so I just said "whatever" and didn't bother with it anymore. Haha

And yeah, I'm on Ace, not that it matters anymore.

Thanks again for the responses!
Pages: 1