[SIGN UPS] MYSTERY MAFIA - HOUSE OF BONES

Pages: first 12345 next last
House of Bones
Another Experimental Role Play Mafia
You are one of a group of college students who have been given the assignment of investigating architecture and the changes over the last century. As part of this assignment you are to inspect houses old and new. Some have suggested the local haunted house - a ramshackle building on a hill. Latching on to the idea, the group decides to stay the night in the old building.

Unknown to most, though, some have decided to make this night one to remember...

Rules
- No quoting PMs.
- Night is no-talk unless otherwise instructed.
- At least one post per day
- Try to role play when posting, and remember to put the name of your character at the top of your post so people know who you are.
- Majority vote rules.
- Day actions - if there are any - must be sent to me via PM during that day phase.

CAVE_DAWG_IS_IN_THE_HIZZAUS
PlatinumAshes
wildwes
Gourd_Clae
Sorceress Kyrsty
Dudesoft
Solarlune
Rield
Marrend
arandomgamemaker

And with that we have enough people. PMs will be sent out in about 20 hours!

If you sign up please make sure you'll at least be around more often than not.
Aiming for 13 people but we can start at 11.
Happy
Devil's in the details
Noooooooooo, I'd join if it this didn't include roleplay. It's kinda too much effort.
Ditto happy, but then again, I'll be in phils. next Tuesday and the only way I can get internet are at the cafes soooo ><
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Happy
Noooooooooo, I'd join if it this didn't include roleplay. It's kinda too much effort.

Same here - can't put as much thought into posts as I'm working full-time atm. :(
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
The Concept of roleplaying during a Mafia game kind of confuses me. The way I view it, it's important to appear 'genuine' in a regular mafia, and when you appear to be acting or using a persona, that hint at you being scum. I can hardly imagine how that would work when all the players are acting by default, but it'll probably cause me to screw up even more than I did last game.

Regardlessly, I'm in. I guess the best way to learn is to just try.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
roleplaying is counter-active to mafia playing as it makes scumhunting impossible. i will only sign up under the condition that I get to choose who to roleplay as. and that person would be the person who most closely matches my own personality: Vegeta, Prince of all saiyans.
author=PlatinumAshes
The Concept of roleplaying during a Mafia game kind of confuses me. The way I view it, it's important to appear 'genuine' in a regular mafia, and when you appear to be acting or using a persona, that hint at you being scum. I can hardly imagine how that would work when all the players are acting by default, but it'll probably cause me to screw up even more than I did last game.

Regardlessly, I'm in. I guess the best way to learn is to just try.

Ditto. I suppose I'll join, but don't expect me to be good at the whole roleplay thing.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm going to be away for the next three weeks, so I'm out. Sucks, seeing I really wanted to play a role play mafia again. :/
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Eh same, don't wanna role play. ~.~

I had a bad time with that one rich boat person mafia. I can't remember it, the Murder Mystery Mafia I think it was?
Honestly, role playing is probably fine in mafia. Just as long as it's treated as a role-playing murder mystery game thing with mafia elements, rather than an actual mafia game. Though I suck at role-playing, so... :(

Still, I'll consider joining this. I lied in the last thread. I just couldn't get into Libby's last role-playing one because I didn't like my role.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i agree zeuzio man. role playing is fine in mafia as long as it is not a mafia game at all.
I was all for Libby's last roleplay mafia, so I'm in this. I hope you get enough people, Libby!

(I'm gonna break everything accidentally again~<3)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
...I might give this a try.
I'm suck at role-playing in English, yet I wanna try. Again.
I'll probably be a lot more lenient this time around, but as long as you try to RP now and then, that's fine too. Just make sure your RP posts are headed with your character name.

And yes, this will again be a bit different from a normal mafia game. For reasons. Hence the Experimental tag in the title. ^.^
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

Count me in.
sorry I'm not in this time I am not so active lately (or more likely I'm trying to be less active), as for role-playing I just say what I want to say but with different accent or personality (which was pretty obvious with El Tamal Tlacoyero) poorly done but simple and straightforward, so it is not hard for me but as Cave_Dog says, roleplaying makes impossible of detecting scum acting since most lose time trying to portray their character instead of playing the game.

But looking forward to see what Liberty is planning :).
I'm not going to be doing as detailed roles as I did in the last one, so you can play them as you will, with just a few things to keep a watch for character-wise.
Also, there'll be small descriptions of the characters in question since you'll be playing a group of people who know each other, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Again, experimental. XD
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
make me vegeta liberty. you know you want to do it. as an experiment.
Pages: first 12345 next last