DUNGEONS & DRAG-QUEENS: CAPED COSPLAY!

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm sorry guys... So tapped out this month. Mind if we put this on pause? I have so little energy to spend after comic obligations and stuff. I'll PM you all when there's fuel back in my fire, okay?
Aw, sorry you're so tired Dudesoft! I'm fine with putting this on hold for a while, personally.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
OK. Sounds like a plan.
Dudesoft
I'm getting close to available again, and something struck me. How would you guys feel about dropping this/setting it aside for now, and trying to play a legit game; Gamma World.
I have the box set of 4E Gamma World and am currently DMing for a group of 6, and 3 individuals at work, as well as for my GF and I at home on rare occasion. It's very simple and easy to use/play; and best of all, it's got a rule system that's complete, as opposed to my incomplete/lacklustre DDQ system.
This would give me another avenue to further hone my DMing skills, as well as give us something to play. What do you think?
As far as rules, I can teach them as they arise, or you can DL the PDF rulebook and read for yourselves.
I know forum RPG is not the best way to play, but this would essentially be a more structured way to play the same thing.
Dice rolls could be honour system too, or revert to me rolling.
I'm down with whatever, yo.

...Sure, let's do that then. Yaaaaaaay this is gonna be back soooooon
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Would you want to kind of import our story where it currently stands into Gamma World or is that not really possible? At a glance, I'm not quite clear on whether Gamma World is a ruleset that's similar to D&D, or a setting that uses the D&D ruleset.

I'm game either way, I'm just trying to figure out what we'll be doing.
Dudesoft
It uses a ruleset very similar to d&d 4e. If not exactly. However, the PC rules are a little different. Instead of human/elf/halfling/dwarf etc, and warrior/wizard/thief, you have 2 Origins and then can gather mutations, special gear and other items.
To obtain those origins, we roll dice, and the gear that you start with is all generic; the exact nature of which is entirely up to the imagination (more on that later)
The battle system is kinda like Final Fantasy Tactics, but with my limited computer access (or namely, Photoshop access), I think turn-based theater of the mind approach is just as fine. Pretty much how we've been doing it with DDQ. So it'll be the same that way. You all take turns, then monsters. And actions take place based on your Initiative.

I believe you're all trustworthy enough to stick by an honour system as far as dice rolling goes. Instead of video gaming like we basically have been, you guys would roll for yourselves and post the results of calculations. (All of which are simple to understand)
You can use physical dice (if you have them), a dice app on your phone, or the d&d dice roller found HERE.
To note: if you roll 1, it is an epic fail. Live with it... Despite the pain it causes, you will find it actually builds character. My Pathfinder halfling is trying to be cool and batman, but I've rolled enough 1's at bad times to show that he's really just putting on an act, and not a good one!

For now, let's start getting you guys some Origins. We can't even begin to start without characters and it will give me some inspiration for your story.
Everyone, please roll 1d12 twice. (That is 12-sided dice, rolled twice)(for ease of memory, if you are unfamiliar with this d&d stuff; the number of dice, D, then the number of sides on the dice you need. For instance, 1d4, 3d6, 1d20, etc.)(in this case, I want 2 separate results!)
Once everyone you have posted both your 1d12 rolls, I'll tell you which to roll next.
Dudesoft
Actually save some time...
If you roll anything 1-10, roll 1d20.
If you roll 11 or 12, roll 1d8.
(Post all roll results though!)
LockeZ
Two d12 rolls: 9 and 1
d20 roll: 16
Did you want a second d20 roll? If so, second d20 roll: 8
Dudesoft
LockeZ your Origins are:
1. Reanimated
YOU WERE DEAD, BUT YOU GOT BETTER.
Spores from outer space, a secret government project, hoodoo, or something else awakened your corpse and gave it a second chance at life (or something close to it). Your body works more or less like it used to, but you have this nagging taste for brains. And then there's the smell.

Appearance: Most folks won't mistake you for a living person, since you likely still bear the signs of whatever killed you in the first place.

REANIMATED TRAITS
Mutant Type: Strength; Dark; +2 Dark Overcharge
Skill Bonus (lvl 1): Gain +4 bonus to Athletics checks
Undead Recuperation (lvl 1): You are immune to disease, and whenever you start your turn and have at least 1 hit point, you regain hit points equal to your level.
Slow (lvl 1): Reduce your speed by 1.

2. Avatar
YOUR BODY IS A MERE VESSEL FOR THE SOUL OF SOMETHING FAR GREATER.
(There is no extra flavour text on this Community Origin)
Mutant Type: Wisdom; Psi; +2 psi overcharge
Skill Bonus (lvl 1): Gain +4 bonus to Conspiracy checks
Only a Vessel (lvl 1): +1 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.
Ghost in the Shell (lvl 1): You may spend a minor action to use aid another on yourself, but only when performing skill checks. (Which I guess is THIS?)

Now, with that in mind, consider what kind of armor/weapons you want.
It will all be generic gear, as far as stats go, but you can decide what it looks like and effectively is. Warning, if you are using ammo; it will be limited in the world. Think, Silent Hill.
Right so we roll dice? Okay, my two d12 rolls were 6 and 2. Rather... low numbers there...

And that means I post two d20 rolls right? 6 and 8. am I doing this right
Dudesoft
wildwes your Origins are:
1. Shadoweaver
SHADOWS ARE YOUR TOYBOX.
You don't control light, exactly. You don't control or generate darkness exactly, either. But the interplay of light and darkness... shadow... that's your plaything. As long as you're not in total darkness or circumradius light, the shadows are yours to command.

Appearance: No notes are made for appearance.

SHADOWEAVER TRAITS
Mutant Type: Charisma; Dark; +2 Dark Overcharge
Shadowrap (lvl 1): You gain a +4 to Stealth and Perception checks. Unless you are in an area completely devoid of shadows, you have concealment at all times.
Shadoward (lvl 1): You gain a +1 to AC, Reflex, and Will.
Shadoweave (lvl 1): You can control the shape and movement of shadows within 5 squares of you. It can be fun, or kinda creepy, and is generally no more difficult than speaking. You can also, as a minor action, either eliminate concealment due to dim light or shadows, or render a square completely dark. The effect lasts until the end of your next turn.

2. Cockroach
YOU'RE A MUTATED, SENTIENT BUG.
You're living proof that your kind can survive nuclear war. You collect stuff that smells good to you but that everyone else calls garbage. Some of that trash gives you valuable experience in salvaging Ancient machinery.

Appearance: You're a huge cockroach! From a distance, your exoskeleton looks like a long coat. You've also got antennae, bug eyes, and spindly legs.

COCKROACH TRAITS
Mutant Type: Constitution; Bio; +2 Bio overcharge
Skill Bonus (lvl 1): Gain +4 bonus to Mechanics checks
Scurry and Skitter (lvl 1): Gain +2 bonus to Reflex.
Bug Legs (lvl 1): You can climb your speed. You can even climb upside down across horizontal surfaces. You can't attack while climbing.
Dudesoft
For now, just focus on what you guys want to look like given the Origin mix. You can get really creative with the crosses. As long as you're not straight human, which is extremely rare in Gamma World. Like nigh-impossible rare.
Okay, the Shadoweaver thing is pretty cool, but good god why did I have to be a giant COCKROACH of all things??? I have a cockroach phobia... Oh well, I'll deal with it I guess.

I suppose I'm just a... giant cockroach then. I'll be wearing a trench coat with plenty of pockets for storing random things. (if that's okay, it's not like it has a million pockets or anything) Can a giant cockroach even wear a trench coat? Eh, I won't worry about it...
Aaand I have no idea what I'm gonna have as a weapon. Maybe a generic knife? Yeah let's go with that. Oh, but make the knife black. Cuz you know, shadows and all that.
Dudesoft
Haha!
When I got cockroach, I gave him a bunch of guns. He became a gunslinger, with a pick up truck and cigarettes.

You'll be rolling for starting equipment beyond armour and weapons, so don't worry too much on that one.
LockeZ
I don't know a lot about the world so I want to ask a few basic questions about the setting before figuring out my appearance, backstory, and personality.

- Is there much of a civilization in this post-apocalyptic world?
- How long ago was the apocalypse? I need to know if it happened in my lifetime.
- Is there magic?
- Are there gods? Demons?
- How modern is the technology?
Sorry for taking forever, had a lot of schoolwork and other crap lately. I'm still reading all the rules for this, but I'm in. (If its not to late.)

(I'll edit this with results if I may join.)
I guess not? Maybe next time!
Ok, here are my results:

1d12 11
1d12 5

1d8 3
1d20 14