[POLL] WHICH GAME ENGINE DO YOU PREFER? (I FIXED IT)

Poll

Which game engine do you prefer?? - Results

RPG Maker 2000
2%
RPG Maker 2003
36%
RPG Maker XP
6%
RPG Maker VX
2%
RPG Maker VX Ace
34%
Game Maker
2%
Unity
6%
ALL OF 'EM!
2%
None of 'em
6%

Pages: first prev 12 last
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Sailerius
author=Addit
(plus it’s free)

It's free only if you pirate it, just like XP, VX, and Ace.

I dislike it when people say that 2K/2K3 is "free", but I wouldn't go around saying stuff like this. That's just me, though.
I prefer 2k3. I've primarily used VX, but the thought of returning to it gives me a headache.
I said XP was my favorite, scratch that. VX Ace is my new favorite.
Renpy, since you skip the battle balance stuff, the mapping, the spriting, and pretty much the game-play, altough if we look at it with a technical point of view in this case it isn't really a game maker but only a visual novel maker, but any how I just never got to finish any game XD.

If not Renpy, then I would choose Adventure Graphic Studio.
author=Marrend
author=Sailerius
author=Addit
(plus it’s free)
It's free only if you pirate it, just like XP, VX, and Ace.
I dislike it when people say that 2K/2K3 is "free", but I wouldn't go around saying stuff like this. That's just me, though.

Er, did I say “free?” What I meant to say is that I found it lying around in the dumpster.
2k3 is preferred more than ace? Oh, nostalgia.
So, if I'm a complete newbie to game making programs, and more interested in making games which are interesting and engaging within the constraints that were present on old school console games than developing any sort of novel features, and I'm willing to pay for one but no more than one program, what do you guys recommend?

Judging by the games I've seen made on the 2k3 engine, I'm confident that anything I'm really interested in making should lie within its capabilities, but I know nothing about which program should make the process easiest and most practical given no prior experience.
Pages: first prev 12 last