RM2K3 SINCE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION...

Pages: 1
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Is it possible to employ C++ scripting in RM2K3, or vice versa?
pianotm
Hmm...I don't know. I've tried this before, but not only couldn't get it to work, but my RPG Maker wouldn't work at all anymore and had to uninstall and reinstall. (And that didn't work. I had to put all of my material in new folders and new projects).

I followed the directions. I can't figure out what I missed.

Edit: I suppose I'll give another try.
Did you apply the patch to the project and not the core 2k3 program? I can't imagine why patching a game project would break the program altogether.
pianotm
Let me clarify. RPG Maker would open, but I couldn't work on or alter any projects. Even trying to create an event or so much as draw a new map would bring up an error message (missing unknown .dll file), and attempts to test the projects called up another error (cannot detect RTP).

So I saved all of my projects in my documents, trashed RPG Maker and reinstalled it, and restored the projects. The errors persisted, so I took the actual individual raw files out of the project folders, deleted the projects, and created new projects and transferred the old files over. THAT was what ultimately solved the problem.

On another note, I just reapplied the DYN_RPG patch again last night and I don't seem to be having any errors. Everything's working fine. So I guess it was just a fluke. I can use C++! Yay!
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
You need to patch RPG_RT, not rpgmaker.exe (or whatever RM2k3 editor's exe name is)
Pages: 1