LET'S REVIVE MAFIA - GAME OF THRONES MAFIA - GAME THREAD

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
It's been a while since Dudesoft cancelled his RMNverse similar-to-mafia game, and even longer since the last mafia game, so let's see if we can get this show back on the road.

This game will be:
Game of Thrones Mafia
What is mafia?
Wikipedia
Mafia (Russian: Ма́фия, also known as Werewolf) is a party game created in the USSR by Dimitry Davidoff in 1986, modelling a battle between an informed minority (the mafia) and an uninformed majority (the townspeople). Players are secretly assigned roles: either mafia, who know each other; or townspeople, who know only the number of mafia amongst them. In the game's night phase the mafia covertly "murder" a townsperson. DurinAg the day phase, all of the surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumber the townspeople. A typical game starts with seven townspeople and two mafiosi.

Roles & Rules:
Before the game begins, each player is sent a PM assigning him or her a role. The contents of the PM cannot be shared with other players. All roles are assigned randomly. There are three basic types of roles that you can get: Town, Mafia and Independent.

Town
If you are part of the Town, then your objective as a group is to stay alive and try to find out who the Mafia are. Since you cannot communicate with other players outside of this thread, you must work together and weed out who is lying and who is not. Townies who die still win when the rest of the town wins.

Mafia
The Mafia, on the other hand, have a significant advantage over the Town. They can communicate with other scum members outside the thread during night phase. During the night, they can come together, discuss, and kill a townie. If all goes according to their plan (which it might not), then that townie will be dead -thus cannot post or vote- for the rest of the game.

Independent
As an Independent, your job is to survive until the end of the game. Depending on your role, this may constitute killing of all Town-aligned players and Mafia and being the only player left alive or simply staying alive regardless of whether the Town or Mafia win, and having a separate win condition.

If all Mafia are killed, then The Town Wins!
If enough Town-aligned people are killed that the amount of Mafia is greater than or equal to the amount of Town-aligned people, The Mafia Wins!
If an Independent successfully survives and satisfies their win condition, they Win!

Game Structure:
The game starts out in something called a day phase. In this phase, all players who are not dead may participate in discussion as well as vote for who gets lynched (note that you can also vote for no one getting lynched). The day phase will continue until a set deadline has passed or when deciding vote is reached.
Once the day phase is finished, the night phase begins. No one may talk in the thread during this phase, meaning that only players with night actions play a significant role. Night actions are abilities possessed by special roles that can be used to alter the game during the night phase. All night actions, including the Werewolves' kill, will be sent to me via PM(unless otherwise stated). Once the night phase deadline is reached or when all actions are sent in, I will PM everyone involved with their results and then a new day phase will begin. If anyone dies, then that person will be revealed.

Rinse and repeat until the game is over...

The Rules:
1. VOTING: Voting should look like this:
#Lynch Jeroen_Sol or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
It needs to be bold and with a # in front of it, to make it easier for me to make vote counts.

Hammer rule applies in this game, meaning that once a majority vote is reached that person is lynched and the day phase ends. When time runs out, whoever has the most votes against him is lynched. In case of a tie, one of the people making up that tie is chosen at random. #Nolynch is possible, but only if it receives the most votes.

2. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled or replaced.

3. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

4. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. You can still cheer on your team/partner from the sidelines, though. I will make a separate "dead lounge" where dead players can chat (without revealing anything!). This of course doesn't apply if your role specifically allows you to speak while dead.

5. EDIT RULE: NEVER EVER EDIT POSTS. If you think your post has awful grammar, just make a new one to correct it.

6. DO NOT QUOTE PMs: Never quote from a PM I send you. Creating false PMs is also forbidden. You may paraphrase information from PMs, but never literally quote them.

The game will include characters from the book/tv series Game of Thrones. The plot might be changed, and people of different families might be on the same team. Do not assume things like: 'All Lannisters are scum' or 'All Starks are town'
(on the other hand, a game of thrones setting would be perfect for a game with more than 2 teams.)

8 players will be enough for a small game, but let's see how many people are interested. If we get 16 participants, we'll have a full-sized game once again!
(That probably won't happen though)

Participants:
01 - Dudesoft, Daenerys Targaryen, Jack of all Trades
02 - JJJ7, Sansa Stark, Goon
03 - wildwes, Jorah Mormont, Watcher
04 - Ilan14, White Walker, Serial Killer
05 - Arandomgamemaker, Joffrey Baratheon, Roleblocker
06 - Yellow Magic, Tyrion Lannister, Cop
07 - PlatinumAshes, Arya Stark, Seraph Knight
08 - Isrieri, Robb Stark, Vanilla
09 - Liberty, Margaery Tyrell, Godfather
10 - CashmereCat, Jon Snow, Vanilla
11 - Khameal, Adon237, Hodor, Deactivated Bulletproof
12 - I-2-ISearchMe, Gourd_Clae, Grey Wind, Vengeful

Night 0 flavor:
It was to be a time of festivities for Westeros. People from all over the world had flooded to King's Landing to bear witness to the unification of all Houses in the Seven Kingdoms. After years of civil unrest, a period of peace was finally upon the people of Westeros. It was, however, not meant to be. Several people were against the unification of the Houses, thinking civil wars could give them the opportunity to seize the Iron Throne. They started plotting to stop the unification together, and one night made their move.

Gourd_Clae, who was Eddard Stark, has died night 0!

Those who attended the party quickly found the body, his head chopped off, in the morning. After validating the alibis of most people attending, suspicion fell onto twelve attendees. Would the peace-loving attendees in that group of twelve be able to weed out those who plotted against the unification of the Houses of Westeros?

Day 1 flavor:
The twelve attendees gathered together and discussed who among them were the perpetrators of the murder on Eddard Stark. It did not take them long, however, to decide that quickly jumping to conclusions was a bad idea, and thus they decided nobody was suspicious enough to kill that day. Everyone returned to the festivities, but the optimistic mood of yesterday was gone. Everybody kept wondering what would happen the next night. Eventually, imminently, the sun crept below the horizon, and everyone went to bed, uneasy.

Nobody was lynched day 1!

Final Day 1 votecount:

Dudesoft - 1: CashmereCat
Yellow Magic - 0: JJJ7
wildwes - 1: Yellow Magic
NoLynch - 8: Liberty, Ilan14, wildwes, Dudesoft, JJJ7, PlatinumAshes, JJJ7, Arandomgamemaker, Isrieri
Not voting - 2: Khameal, I-2-ISearchMe

Night 1 flavor:
A new day approached, and 8 of the 12 attendees gathered. Everyone looked around in confusion, because 4 people were missing. The morning crept by. Growing impatient, they searched the chambers of those who were missing. When the first attendee opened the door to Arya Stark´s room, a scream of horror filled the air. PlatinumAshes was lying in bed, a sword and a bloody knife lying on the floor. The sheets were coloured red with blood from a clean cut across the throat. Horrified, the 8 continued their search. Making their way to the room of CashmereCat, they found Jon Snow lying by his door, pierced through the chest, his head turned as if to look at an invisible attacker with his glazy eyes. Terrified about the fate of the other two, they ran towards the room of the next missing person, only to see him exiting his chambers, yawning and stretching. 'Sorry, I overslept. Did I miss something?' After a quick look of contempt was given by the other 8, the 9 surviving attendees made their way to Margaery Tyrell's room, but found her dead in the hallway. After verfying that Liberty was dead, everyone gathered, feeling more pressed to find out who amongst them were the murderers...

PlatinumAshes died Night 1! He was Arya Stark, a Seraph Knight!
About Seraph Knight:
One night of own choosing, can choose one player. This player will be defended from all nightkills until the Seraph Knight dies.

CashmereCat died Night 1! He was Jon Snow, a Vanilla!

Liberty died Night 1! She was Margaery Tyrell, a Godfather!
About Godfather:
When investigated by a Cop, will flip town.

Khameal was replaced by Adon237!

I-2-ISearchMe was replaced by Gourd_Clae!

Day 2 flavor:
After a discussion that lasted much longer than the discussion the day before had lasted, the 9 attendees had made their decision. Everyone turned to look at the man who was to be lynched today. His eyes started glowing blue, and his skin started growing grey, then white. While it had been summer for 2 years, the temperature instantly dropped below freezing point. From behind his back, the Other grabbed a spear, seemingly made out of pure ice. He started for the nearest attendee, who backed away in horror, until she hit the wall. She screamed when the Other raised his Ice Crystal spear. The White Walker prepared to strike, but suddenly clasped his back in pain. He slowly started to freeze over, and eventually exploded in a shower of snow. Realising she wasn't dead, the attendee against the wall slowly opened her eyes, and saw one of the other attendees, holding a shard of dragonglass. 'Don't think I did this to save you, I still suspect you. I just hate those damned Others. I've never seen one that changes shape into a human before, though. Gods!'

Ilan14 was lynched Day 2! He was White Walker, a Serial Killer!

Final Day 2 Votecount:

Ilan14 - 5: Yellow Magic, JJJ7, wildwes, Isrieri, Adon237, wildwes
Yellow Magic - 1: Ilan14, Ilan14
Nolynch – 0: Adon237
Wildwes – 0: Adon237
Not voting - 3: Dudesoft, Arandomgamemaker, Gourd_Clae

Night 2 flavor:
Everyone waked due to the sunlight creeping in through the windows, and gathered. One of the attendees, Robb Stark, was missing. Fearing the worst, everyone ran to his room. His body was lying at a T-junction, a few metres from his door. Isrieri had been ambushed while turning the corner. The 8 remaining attendees returned to the meeing point, and reopened the discussion.

Isrieri, who was Robb Stark, a Vanilla, was killed Night 2!

Day 3 flavor:
'It's that imp! It must be!' 'Yeah, he's very suspicious! Let's kill him!' The attendees got riled up, not realising the grave mistake they were about to make. Tyrion Lannister looked at the attendees, surrounding him with drawn swords. 'He must be planning something! Quickly, kill him!' The dwarf brought his hand up to his face, and shook his face. 'Gods, you guys are idiots...' Four swords simultaneously stabbed through the dwarf, and he collapsed onto the floor. 'Wait... was he not...?'

Yellow Magic was lynched Day 3! He was Tyrion Lannister, a cop!
About cop:
could check the alignment of a player every night

Final Day 3 votecount:
wildwes - 0: Yellow Magic, Adon237
Nolynch - 0:Adon237
Yellow Magic - 4:wildwes, Adon237, JJJ7, Dudesoft
Not voting - 3:Yellow Magic, Gourd_Clae, Arandomgamemaker

Night 3 flavor:
5 attendees opened their eyes, and made their way to the usual meeting point. 'That big guy is missing,' one of them calmly said. Knowing full well what this meant, everyone ran to Hodor's room, where they saw him lying on the floor, dead, with the little Brandon Stark lying next to him, in a pool of blood. As the horrific murder of Hodor and the little boy was burned into everyone's minds, they slowly made their way back. They had to lynch correctly today.

Adon237 was killed Night 3! He was Hodor, a Deactivated Bulletproof!
About Bulletproof:
Can survive one nightkill

Day 4 flavor:
Town was quick to make their final choice. Too quick, much too quick... After chopping Jorah Mormont's head clean off, Sansa Stark and Joffrey Baratheon turned on the dragon girl and the direwolf. Daenerys looked around, but her dragons were nowhere to be seen. Grey Wind jumped at Joffrey, but Sansa slid below his jump, cutting his throat in process. The wolf fell to the floor, dead. Dany Targaryen tried to run away, but was cornered by Joffrey. 'The iron throne will stay mine...' Daenerys looked down at the crossbow he was carrying. A sharp thwack filled the air, and Dany fell to the floor.

wildwes was lynched Day 4! He was Jorah Mormont, a Watcher!
About Watcher:
can check which players visit the chosen player at night. Does not work on the Mafia nightkill.

Dudesoft was outnumbered Day 4! He was Daenerys Targaryen, a Deactivated Jack of all Trades!
About Jack of all Trades:
Has three One-shot powers:
- Drogon: Nightkill
- Viserion: Double Vote
- Rhaegal: Doctor

Gourd_Clae was outnumbered Day 4! He was Grey Wind, a Deactivated Vengeful!
About Vengeful:
Can choose someone to take with them in death upon being lynched or nightkilled.

JJJ7 survived! He was Sansa Stark, a Goon!

Arandomgamemaker survived! He was Joffrey Baratheon, a Roleblocker!
About Roleblocker:
Can prevent one player from using an active power at night.

The Mafia, Liberty, JJJ7 and Arandomgamemaker have won!

Mafia Hosts thread for future reference:
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/11212/
It took me a while to find it, hidden between all the old threads...
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'll play. Been thinking about running an event again, but just no time anymore.
My god do I suck at mafia games.

I'm in.
I don't know if I would last very long but it sure seems interesting...

Count me in too!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
SIGN ME UP like a Manchester City manager

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I've fallen out of love with Game of Thrones since, so feel free to take it on yourself!
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
I wouldn't want to miss this.
Yellow Magic
Oh, it's PlatinumAshes. Sorry again about last time. :P
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Yellow Magic

Is this about the role play mafia I missed? Did something happen?
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Never played a Mafia game in my life. But if Game of Thrones is involved I had better take the stick out of my ass and sign up.
Yellow Magic
author=Jeroen_Sol
author=Yellow Magic
Is this about the role play mafia I missed? Did something happen?

Nah, it's the Miller's Hollow Mafia that you hosted - I wrongly accused PA on a number of occasions.
Jeroen_Sol
We already have 8 players, so I guess that means enough people are interested.
I'll see how many more we can get, but 16 may be a bit much to host. Thinks about Death Note Mafia *shivers*
Oh fine then. Throw me to the (dire)wolves (so to speak).

e: Being that this is GoT themed, I'm expecting a lot of deaths. A lot of shocks. Also, naked peeps. And a midget.
Wait, IS this going to be GoT themed after all? I've never actually watched GoT... shall I sit this one out then?
Wow. I'm familiar with Game of Thrones.
The mafia concept sounds interesting.
Jeroen_Sol
The game will be GoT themed, but it won't reflect the story too much. I'll probably randomly assign roles to certain factions, so not knowing anything about GoT really shouldn't be a hindrance to anyone.

Davenport, does that mean you're in?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Count me in, man.
author=Jeroen_Sol
The game will be GoT themed, but it won't reflect the story too much. I'll probably randomly assign roles to certain factions, so not knowing anything about GoT really shouldn't be a hindrance to anyone.

Ehhhhh okay I'll play then.