R.I.P. RPG REVOLUTION

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Liberty
I think it really helps a lot that we don't police people's language as long as they don't stray into personal attacks or hate speech (racist, sexist, homophobic and the like).
Yeah, I really like that about this place, I don't have to censor myself basically ever since it ain't my thing to personally attack people.

Even deddy-bones Vx.net has censors (most of which I petitioned to have rethought into something less retarded and they totally were) but yeah. I've really become fond of this place, It's busy but not bossy, loads of opportunities for feedback and actually good feedback. I mean Housekeeping and LockeZ and others have really helped me out, made me think about things, that until now I just hadn't even considered, such as artistic coherency and certain aspects of character building.
author=Homunculus
It may have/probs already been said but there's too many pages to go through lol RRR does have a facebook group page, I mean no resource backlog or nothing there, but a good way to keep in touch with anyone who hasn't herded over here.

Holder's seemed to have made a very good name for himself, there's a couple times I googled for templates to get dimensions from and a couple of his images were the first to pop up :D brought a big ol' smile over my face

Homonculus, Is that really you!? :D

Where is this facebook group page? I'm having a hard time looking for the correct one.
author=Tau
author=Liberty
I think it really helps a lot that we don't police people's language as long as they don't stray into personal attacks or hate speech (racist, sexist, homophobic and the like). I find it funny that sometimes newbies will PM me reporting someone swearing and I'll have to sit them down and let them know that that's okay. One guy had a hard time coming to terms with the idea that shit, fuck, asshole and the like were allowed - he kept PMing me with links (not reporting, just pasting links at me) to posts with swearing and it was hilarious... because quite a few of them were mine. XD He eventually understood but it was quite funny.
Please tell me I was one of those people that got told on, would make my fucking day.

I'm one of those super old school members whose seen it all. Dramatic bullshit caused by egos or unjust, plagiarism, hell even racism once. You know what we've learned?

Nothing. This place, RRR, GW, whatever, same shit different day. Admiteddly if anything RMN is by far the least argumentative & hopefully remains so.

Wait actually it was probably Cedar Woods, much smaller community though.

I miss CW. :< That was a great place until it went down. Then it became Epiphany Gaming and I lost my internet for a while. When I came back it was gone. ;.;

I can't recall if you've been one of those reported for swearing but if it hasn't happened yet, I'm sure it will happen sometime in the future. ^.^
author=jens009
Homonculus, Is that really you!? :D

Where is this facebook group page? I'm having a hard time looking for the correct one.

YUSS! :D yuss. Indeed. Try out this link, I don't know if it'll actually work lol it should though

HERE!
Fixed by your friendly neighbourhood Liberty
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I remember fighting the good fight against RRR. It was on my list of "sites to destroy." First one that was scratched off was GW, of course. You're welcome guys.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=WIP
I remember fighting the good fight against RRR. It was on my list of "sites to destroy." First one that was scratched off was GW, of course. You're welcome guys.

Ah, right. You always hated RRR for no reason. At least we fell at the hands of iEntry instead of you. :)
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Nah, I didn't hate RRR. GW, yes. RRR, no. I saw it as competition.
BizarreMonkey
For me my relationship with RRR could basically be summed up by the phrase "You only know someone until you don't."

Never really hated it or any of the members except Deacon but that's because back then I believed in humans being creatures of good will.

It's so much more fun to be an asshole I'm surprised I didn't see it earlier.

Though I suppose jokes on me, since now VX.net is threatened by a similar subtle impetus of damnation. For those who don't know, it's been down the last three days, I've rallied what survivors I can on skype, and we're seeing if the issue can be resolved.

I'm basically a disguised administrator on that site. I do more work than basically all of the staff, it's funny.

I've become immune to bans over there due to having this incredibly ability to give a damn.
i was on revolution as a spriter. but damn i never new it died. finaly got net back on my comp went to log in and it was gone... ive been with rev for a few years now. sadness...
Huh, the only memory I have with RRR is that this one guy cried out that one map of my game had RTP chipset in it and called me and my game gay for it and saying that he is middle class white boy and I managed to offend him. And the only reason I even remember that was because I screencapped that and shared it on my site for everyone to enjoy and laugh at. Fun times.
author=WIP

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

WIP you can now die a happy man, now. :D
I'm actually more surprised WIP actually still posts.
BizarreMonkey
author=Kaliesto
I'm actually more surprised WIP actually still posts.
Guess you could say its a... work in progress?

Sorry, that's probably done to death by now.
I was a reviewer on RRR back in '07-09(ish), and did some of my best writing in the form of "Your Game Sucks" back in 2006, well before all the jerkwad copycats. I just got a functioning computer for the first time in two years, and now I find out that RRR is gone...it's like losing a child. A neglected child, yes, but a child nonetheless.

It's cool to see some names I'm familiar with, though. I hope this site keeps its sense of community.
This explains why I couldn't go there. :c I hear there were parallax tutorials and even ship tilesets. Those would of been helpful.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
This was one long, fun read. Like a funeral reception without the sandwiches and tea.
A long read indeed, but it was nice to recognize so many names. It's too bad RRR is gone.

My game was on the front page of that site for years. I don't know why; iEntry never changed the front page. Every year or two I would pop in, still see Tournament Hero up there and think of the fun times on RRR and making little games.

RIP RRR. You will be missed for sure.

Digging around on my computer, I found this. It might be of interest to some people:
R3 Magazine

There is an interview in there as well (not sure the link in the magazine works, but here is ShinyJiggly and DarkYoshi interview):
Interview
Rotten front pages are very typical for poor sites.
And now I fear we can add VX.net to the list. Everything iEntry touches gets ruined.
So, it's finally happened.

"RPGMakerVX.net is undergoing repairs. We will update you when more information becomes available."

Bah. That's just a euphemism for stating that the site has finally died. What a shame. I started to make a name for myself there.

Oh well.