POKEMON PLAYERS?

Pages: first 12 next last
So, to all the Pokemon fans that may be swimming around these forums, anyone really excited about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? I can't wait. Hoenn is an amazing region, spawning many cool Pokemon.

Are there any hopes for certain mega forms for favorite Pokemon? Mine would be Sharpedo, Skarmory, Mightyena, and my dreams of a Mega Sableye and Mega Sceptile were answered from spoilers.
I love Sableye despite how crap it actually is. A mega form would make me a very happy beaver.

I am also excited about the games! Hoenn happens to be my favorite region despite being introduced to Pokemon later in the series.
Hoenn isn't my favorite region but it definitely deserves more love. Johto is my favorite, and I'll let you have a good guess as to why :P
iunnow... Audino maybe? XD haha! ( yeah also a crappy pokemon for most people, i know XD )
but.. moar HP and moar Def and moar cuddly-ness =w=
Though notintroduced in Gen 3, I want a Mega Weavile. I demand a Mega Weavile :U
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
We need a Mega Tropius. I bet you forgot that Pokemon existed.
author=Ratty524

If I didn't see a pic of it earlier today I'd agree :P By the way, love the avatar XD
I say we should have Mega Shuckle. Just give it more HP and suddenly, voila, amazing Pokemon.

Then again, giving it more HP (and maybe more Attack?) would probably make it waaay overpowered... hm. Ya know what I don't care if it's game breaking give it to me anyways!

Edit: wait does Mega Evolution change HP too oh wait no it doesn't does it agh. Well then
author=Ratty524
How could anyone forget about the flying sauropod that grows bananas? Its the pimpest ride in all of Pokemon, so a Mega Evolution would be beyond pimp.

I'd like a Mega Shroomish. No, not Breloom, Shroomish.

I don't have a 3DS and won't have one for a long time, probably, and Ruby was actually the last Pokemon game I played, so I'm not that excited overall. I might be interested in it at a later date if it turns out they do something about the excessive number of HMs (most of which are water moves) you need on hand all the time and the ludicrous amount of surfing to be done.

EDIT: wildwes, your user title makes no sense nowadays.
author=turkeyDawg
EDIT: wildwes, your user title makes no sense nowadays.

You're right, I should change it to some random anime girl so it works again.
...Nah, FOE is best waifu.

Also since I didn't say it in my other post I'll say it now: I am sooooooo excited for ORuby and ASapphire! I NEED THEM
Mega Evolution affects stats the same way normal evolution does, just only in battle.

Mega Shroomish. That would be hilarious. Attack of the Mega Shrooms
Especially if they're all ass-biting Shroomish.
I actually started with the Hoenn region and it is the only generation of which I own all games. That's why I'm really hyped about the games! I, personally, want to see a Mega Tropius...I love that Pokémon, it's just so...bad.
For the love of me I keep forgetting this one Pokemon I'd love to see Mega.....So frustrating. Anyway, if God forbid they ever make Mega Eeveelutions, I'd be so angry...unless they are cool designs >w>
I feel so left out... I'm stuck at Gen 3 pokemon, despite playing it since Red.
What are Mega Evolutions? Anyone care to explain?
Heh, considering I started on original Pokemon red, I went up to gen II then I completely skipped gen 3 because my interest in the series decreased very quickly.

After I graduated from school and had a job and all, I eventually got a DS, and looked at Pokemon Diamond and went, wtf, let's see what changed and I fell in love with the series all over again.

But in regards to Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I had a feeling they would have remaked this series sooner or later, I thought they would've done it back in 5th gen, but I guess they wanted to wait a gen later, lol.

As for the new Mega Evolutions that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will pump out, I'm hopin' to see a Mega Breloom and Mega Metagross. The last one is more than guaranteed to be in the game because if players who played the original's champion used Metagross, and since he's going to be researching Mega Evolutions in the new game, it has a very VERY high chance that he may have a Mega Metagross in wait.

Or one of the other 5 pokes he used may get a Mega Evolution as well, who knows.
Mega Swellow! That was one I wanted to see :D

author=karins_soulkeeper
I feel so left out... I'm stuck at Gen 3 pokemon, despite playing it since Red.
What are Mega Evolutions? Anyone care to explain?

Mega Evolutions are in battle evolutions. They last for the duration of the battle (or until it gets knocked out). Increased/decreased stats depending on the mega pokemon (just like a normal evolution) with a new ability. Although the downside is you only get one Mega Evolution per battle. This was first introduced in Pokemon X and Y, Generation 6.
I'm buying both of them upon release. Gen 3 was my favourite era of Pokemon until I played Pokemon White. But Sapphire was the first time I ever tried to complete the Pokedex, and also the first time I got a level 100 on my team, and all that good stuff. I have a lot of nostalgia for Hoenn so I'm hoping that OR/AS can best White in terms of quality.

I'm also hoping that OR/AS will save the currently abysmal Generation 6 from the ashes. Thinking about X just makes me sad.
I actually thought gen 6 was amazing as far as the game itself went. Sure there were a lot of not so great Pokemon but it did give us some good ones. Aurorus, Sylveon, Fennekin evolution line. The gameplay really takes the cake though.
Therein lies the problem. The region of Kalos is junk, the entire game was just a framework to improve the online & battle experience. As someone who cares nothing about competitive gaming I wasn't a fan.

Now I know the worldbuilding will be good.
Pages: first 12 next last