RAST... WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?

Pages: 1
I may just be behind on the times, or maybe I just missed something. I stumbled upon a website with a bunch of old RPG Maker games and saw the beauty that was "Dragons Destiny" by Rast. I got to thinking, what happened?

EDIT: I'd like to re-phrase that, what happened to him as a game maker? I see he makes post still, sometimes.
If you're talking about this Rast, it's not the same person, as they themselves have already pointed out.

To speculate about your question though, speaking as somebody who was (doing a piss-poor job of) beta-testing Dragon Destiny II, I believe he fell victim to the same things a lot of people in this hobby do: real-life commitments drew him away from the hobby and he just never really came back in any meaningful capacity. Specifically, I believe he was in the Navy and got deployed.

A real shame, because from what I remember of DD2, it was going to be pretty god damn amazeballs.
author=Otokonoko
If you're talking about this Rast, it's not the same person, as they themselves have already pointed out.

To speculate about your question though, speaking as somebody who was (doing a piss-poor job of) beta-testing Dragon Destiny II, I believe he fell victim to the same things a lot of people in this hobby do: real-life commitments drew him away from the hobby and he just never really came back in any meaningful capacity. Specifically, I believe he was in the Navy and got deployed.

A real shame, because from what I remember of DD2, it was going to be pretty god damn amazeballs.

Oh, ok I understand now. Did he ever do anything outside of Dragon Destiny?
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
author=Jparker1984
author=Otokonoko

Oh, ok I understand now. Did he ever do anything outside of Dragon Destiny?

Bob's Big Adventure of course! lol

also: http://www.dragonflame.us/

and finally, check over at saltw forums; I think ol Rast recently came back to there.
Dragon Destiny is my best RPGMaker game, released way back in the stone age 2002.

nope nope nope nope I am not that old god damnit fuck
author=Otokonoko

I remember that I did the mini games from the start for HOURS before I actually started the game. Very nice considering the engine that it was made on, I'm sure it was a bitch to code. Hell, it's still as impressive if not more today.
author=GreatRedSpirit
author=Otokonoko

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=GreatRedSpirit
author=Otokonoko

Kids ain't got no respect. If it weren't for this generation, our generation, they'd still be stuck in the technological stone age.

It's good to take a step back into history, but personally, I think the GBC and GBA made Gameboy that much better. Not that I had a problem with the black and white games (Final Fantasy Adventure and the FF Legends series is still amongst some of the best), but the hard-to-see green screen on the original GB was a large strain to the eyes.

It's too bad that Nintendo gave up on the GB hand consoles. DS is okay, but just doesn't have the feel as the earlier GB devices.
author=Oto
Specifically, I believe he was in the Navy and got deployed

Hahaha, yeah. Those can suck. Those can suck hardcore.
Bob's Big Adventure! I've played Dragon Destiny recently, but I forgot about BBA. It used to be one of my favorites.

Does anyone ever know what happened to Kamau, the dude who made Legion Saga? I know he quit RPG Maker and put up downloads to all of his projects, but has he ever come back?

Also, the downloads he posted are extremely rare. Most people must not have seen them. What he did was upload every game he was working on as is, which includes Legion Saga R, an updated version of Legion Saga 3, and several unannounced projects. If anyone has any of those versions, it'd be sweet if I can have them.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=dethmetal
Bob's Big Adventure! I've played Dragon Destiny recently, but I forgot about BBA. It used to be one of my favorites.

Does anyone ever know what happened to Kamau, the dude who made Legion Saga? I know he quit RPG Maker and put up downloads to all of his projects, but has he ever come back?

Also, the downloads he posted are extremely rare. Most people must not have seen them. What he did was upload every game he was working on as is, which includes Legion Saga R, an updated version of Legion Saga 3, and several unannounced projects. If anyone has any of those versions, it'd be sweet if I can have them.

I found this if that helps at all.
Pages: 1