WHEN DID YOU FIGURED IT OUT THAT YOU WERE A GAMER?

Pages: first 12 next last

Just what it says on the title.

I think I figured out when I started amassing a huge collection of PS2 and PC videogames...
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
When I wasted the first 16 years of my life playing video games.
When both of my parents bought me an NES and I couldn’t seem to get away from the blasted thing I was so engrossed into it.
When I started copying Zero from Megaman X4, by slashing air and saying huu-haa-hoo randomly at my grandma's house >_>;;;

(It was the first time I saw a PS1)
The whole SNES Shebang got me started.
I never would stop doddling Mario or Link comics while in class.
My teachers did not approve.
The moment I had a game in my hands I'd say. I mean, the first time I used an (atari) PC was with 2. I'm serious. I didn't know until recently, either.
Developed more of a love for my N64, though.

Anyhow, "gamer blood is and will be gamer blood" is what I've always said.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
When I started copying Zero from Megaman X4, by slashing air and saying huu-haa-hoo randomly at my grandma's house >_>;;;

(It was the first time I saw a PS1)

How old were you when you did that?

author=Kylalia
"gamer blood is and will be gamer blood" is what I've always said.

That's a great slogan! It would be a good tagline for RMN...

Just because it was in the same folder xD

God bless the 80's
@Link_2112: That was very illustrative.

Also, is that supposed to be a play in the last photo?
When I came across Lemmings in the early 90s. ><
When I was a toddler in the mid-80s, my Grandma used to take me shopping at the mall with her. She wanted to go into Montgomery Ward, who had a Sega Master System demo unit on display, that allowed you to play something like 25 games from start to finish if you so desired. Every time we went back to the mall, I insisted we stop by Montgomery Ward so I could have a go on Outrun. I think I got the system for Christmas that year.

Many times I woke up in the middle of the night to find my parents playing Afterburner in my room together.
Probably when my cousin first let me borrow his prized copy of Final Fantasy 7. To me, that was like the ultimate respect. He knew that I could take care of it, and that I'd actually play through it.

I'd like to think that playing FF7 as a kid made me truly respect good game design, and solidified my wanting to become a game designer.
Around 2003 or 2004 for me.

Unlike most of you guys, I started playing videogames in the computer.
My first game was Diablo II. And I'm proud to say that I mastered it at the age of 6. ;P
I then went on to C&C RA2, GTA VC and SA, NFSU2, and so on...

Although after I got my gameboy (my only gaming console, mind you), I went from game after game after game. Pokemon (Red to FireRed), FF 1-6, Summon Knight, M&L Superstar Saga, The Castlevania Series, Advance war, and hell even Kirby. And damn was Kirby fun.

Don't judge me. This pink blob of fun will eat you, and steal your abilities. He can spit you out as high-speed projectiles.
Kirby is the strongest game character ever made. No one can argue with that.
No shame in liking Kirby, those games are incredibly well put together. Everybody gets hyped up when a new Kirby is announced!
author=Ilan14

It's Mario on Ice!

author=Link_2112
author=Ilan14
It's Mario on Ice!

Now I've seen everything!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I didn't choose gaming, it chose me. They've always been there, so I can assume I figured out I was a gamer before I could retain significant memories. I wore Super Mario shoes to daycare, goddammit! I spent full days and long nights with "crazy old uncle NES", whether it was my turn to play or sitting back watching my brother and his neighborhood friends duke it out at midnight on Tecmo Super Bowl (I'd assume that was it; I was too entranced by all the different team colors).

It's not nostalgia if it's still good.
I have played games when I was young (I think the most memorable game I played during that time was Contra, although I didn't know/take notice of the title of that game until recently ~ ~), but it was only when someone introduced me to FIFA 2000 on PC that I became a gamer. From there, I then began to figure out new stuff like emulators, Pokemon, online games, FPS, PSP/PS1/PS2, old school RPGs, Little Fighter 2, Marble Blast, Simgolf and of course, RPG Maker among others.
Just because you make games doesn't mean you play them.
Pages: first 12 next last