FEELING LIKE I MIGHT HURT MYSELF

Pages: 1
I sometimes feel like I'm attracted to other guys. I don't want to -u-- them but I'm jealous of the way I look. I'm afraid to be gay and it's making me feel deppressed.
Generally speaking, people around here don't care about that stuff in that they won't treat you any differently because of it. However it's unlikely that anybody here can change the way you feel. Most(all?) of us are amateur game designers and even more amateur psychologists.

Maybe Calunio.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's not 1914 any more, you're allowed to be as gay as you want, no one cares unless you live in Qatar or Saudi Arabia or something

I mean, people do care, but not more than they care that you waste all your time on the internet arguing about the correct methods of making electronic murder simulators out stolen SNES graphics
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
also don't hurt yourself
CashmereCat
it's bad for the skin
author=CashmereCat
also don't hurt yourself
^^^

There's nothing wrong with being gay! Just looking at other guys and noticing they're attractive is a far cry from being gay though. My advice is to not worry about it. I know most people aren't content not knowing right now, but it's what I do! Be attracted to what you're attracted to, and act the way you want to act~

You'll figure it out eventually.

CashmereCat
gourd is such a cool person
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Do yourself a favor and just accept yourself. There;s no reason to hurt yourself over something perfectly natural. If you like guys, you like guys. If you find you don't, then you don't. If anything, just be sure not to repress yourself; it'll only hurt you in the long run.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
If you are then you are; if you're not then you're not; there's nothing you can do about it. It's not wrong, so there's no reason to feel bad about it. Sure, society hasn't caught up with common sense yet, but we'll get there someday. Be who you are and the world will accept you.

I'm not sure if you live in a country where it's illegal to be gay, but if you do, please be careful, and know that, no matter how rough things get out there, you'll always have us. If it's a matter of faith, remember that God is love first and foremost; the same love you feel for others regardless of who they are. Love is the most natural and pure essence in our universe; do not regret the fact that you love.
I'll be honest; Do whatever you like. I would perfer you not to hurt yourself, but as my faith as a Messian dictates, pain can be a form of discipline as well.

I personally don't like to deal with people who are gay in my personal life, but hey what can I say, I am a 1920s sort of man, and you know what they say, it takes all sorts to make the world colorful.

So, my best advice is for you to calm down, meditate and simply consider your position. Hold whatever decision you make like a card in a hand of spades; play it only if it will play off whom ever is your teammate. That will get you pretty far in life.
I can't say that I'm much of a counsellor or psychologist or anything like that, but I have lived a few years on this earth and so far I've garnered a couple of very real pieces of wisdom.

- Things may be tough for you at the moment, but they won't always be. Even in the darkest times of your life there's something small you can appreciate - the smile of a stranger, the song of a bird, the smell of a flower. When it feels like everything is too much, take a walk to the nearest park and just look at all the small details that make up the world in general. Never forget, though, that it will get better. Then worse. Then better. Life is a series of ups and downs.

- Society likes to paint portraits of things as it thinks they should be. Examples of this are: only thin girls are pretty, only straight people deserve love, black people don't exist in theatre (and when they do, it's very rare), women are sluts if they show skin and prudes if they cover up, men have to be manly and strong and never cry, x brand is only for cool people to wear.... and so it goes.
Society is a fuckwit and should have been put to 'rest' years ago. Seriously, if there is one thing I can tell you right now it's that the rules of society are just archaic ideals that try to keep people within a strangle-hold of stagnation.

- Live your life with no regrets. This doesn't mean that you have to not make choices that seem brash and crazy - no, quite the opposite. When you make those choices make sure you own them, that you take responsibility and understand exactly where they will lead you (or have a general idea, at the least). There are some things in life we really cannot change but for the ones we can, make sure you won't regret them by accepting the conditions before you dive in.

- Being gay is okay. It really is, and I very much understand what you're going through. I was very confused around the ages of 14-19 because what I didn't realise was that I was Bisexual. I would watch Miss America pageants and be told that was weird, and that it was odd when I pointed out that certain girls were really pretty to my friends. I didn't get bullied, mainly because I doubt my friends realised but also because I had good friends who had my back (and whose backs I had in return). But it was a confusing time and when I finally realised "Holy shit! I like girls...too!?" I suddenly understood the reason for the confusion and aggravation I'd been feeling for so long. After that I went through a time of self-hate. My family is Uber-Religious (so much so that I've not bothered to come out to them and probably won't do so unless I find myself a lucky lady~ Frankly it's none of their business unless that happens :/ ) and there was a lot said about gays - namely that they were wrong and wouldn't go to heaven - that just hurt to hear. I got through that time with distraction - I found RM and writing and just used them as a channel for my anger. It helped a bit, yes, but the thing that really helped was waking up one day and realising that it wasn't up to them who I liked and didn't like. They weren't the ones who had to live my life - the only person who could was me, and if I continued to hate myself then I'd be giving in to what everyone said about people like me. ...I can be pretty stubborn and I'm definitely against people being uninformed so I got on the internet and researched. And realised I'm fine.

As others have already said (and with a lot less words than me :/ ) sex drive is normal. Even animals indulge in same-gender relationships. It's completely natural.

Don't hurt yourself for something you can't help. Don't punish yourself for something that you have no control over. If you don't want to deal with it at the current time, just leave it be. You don't need to be in a relationship when you're conflicted with what you want, and you don't need to act on your feelings if you're not ready to accept them. In fact, you should probably wait to resolve this before getting into a relationship. Learn to love yourself, even in dribs and drabs. Write a list of things you like about you - write about what you like, make plans for the future and then when you feel upset, read them.

And always remember this one truth - there is a fucking hell of a lot more to a person than what gender they prefer. Don't let yourself be defined by that one small part of you.
Pages: 1