BEGINNERS UNITE! LETS MAKE A GAME!

I didn't expect this many people to be interested but I guess the whole "add a bunch of parts to make a full game" idea could work. I'm about to put up some short plot ideas so we can pick something... I guess would could get something once we pick a plot idea.
always share something, my dear friend.

What is your core idea? What kind of characters are seeing for this game? Any progress and starting idea you have has to be put out. Especially if it's a collaborative effort. Show that you're working somehow, even if it's really just the idea department.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Guys, just go help with Wyrm Warriors. It still needs maps and anyone is welcome to join the team.
These are the story ideas. I'll start working on characters in a bit just tell me what story sounds the most interesting and I'll start writing it.
-A young girl was told all her life that “Youkai” are beings that should be feared and hated. She didn’t think much about what she was told since she’s never meet a Youkai before. But when she meets and saves a Youkai, she goes on a journey that will go against everything she has been taught since she was a child.
-A young adventurer wanders the world, exploring all it has to offer without any long term attachments to any of the people he meets or places he goes. But when the adventure meets and save a young orphan boy, the adventurer learns how important attachments can be.
-When a young girl uncovers a secret about her family that puts the life of her little brother in danger, she goes on a journey to right a wrong that has passed through her family for generations. But what secrets lay buried underneath generations of lies and trickery.
author=macblo
I didn't expect this many people to be interested but I guess the whole "add a bunch of parts to make a full game" idea could work. I'm about to put up some short plot ideas so we can pick something... I guess would could get something once we pick a plot idea.

I think the issue here is no one is interested. Except for me that made maps.
I suggest you give up on this idea now before you waste any time. The chance of this materializing into a game is less than Michael Jackson rising from the dead. There must be a thousand or more of these types of threads scattered on RPG Maker forums, and I've never seen any of them get farther than the first dungeon.
If you want to learn to make a RPG Maker game, don't make a team game first.
Make a small game, maybe one or two hours long max. You'll learn alot more that way than trying to make a team-game with people you don't know who probably won't stay until the end. Also, only writing the story just won't fly, since that's less than 1% of the work on a RPG Maker game (and most other games, too).
ooo plot = raising Michael Jackson from the dead! All attacks are dances.

90 minutes moar mapz. 1 more town, 3 more floors of a different cave.

Now I challenge someone else to make 90 minutes worth of interiors or enemies or weapons or spells or programming. We can shoehorn a story in later.

http://rpgmaker.net/users/ShortStar/locker/Ideas_Guy.exe

I decided to work on the 3 plot idea that I put up. I decided to make the game a few hours long and I'll be using the maps that ShortStar made. I'll probably have 3 towns in the game and 3 dungeons. This keeps the mechanics simple and lets me focus on the story. Thanks for the maps Short Star.
I'll do another town and dungeon for you. Name what kind of town and what kind of dungeon and I'll post it tomorrow.

The best way to do your first RPG is one town, one dungeon. Even Final Fantasy 1 did that with their first quest that was the proof of concept that they could make an entire game.
I would like a forest dungeon please. I like the forest town you did and I was rather surprised when I didn't see a forest dungeon.
Looks cool! I'm going to finish the storyline and get to work on the actual game a little later.
Can I join? I would like to add some quests.
I wasn't planning on making the game that long... But who knows.
I might be interested in sharing a glimpse of my own maps expecially
the overworld. Lets focus on story development for now.
It usually fails due to the kind of people who would create and join such a project (mainly those unmotivated folks who think they'll magically be more productive and eager once others join, and those who think the same) - but since some motivated folks actually came aboard, I say this has a good chance.

I wish you the best of luck! Keep at it.
Thanks ShortStar. The maps look great. By the way guys, I decided to use the maps that ShortStar created to make a project by myself, so I'm dropping this huge project for now.
Can't wait for the others to chime in.