STICKY PS3 CONTROLLER ISSUE?

Pages: 1
So I have this 3rd party PS3 controller and is in perfect condition visually, but when it's in use the left joystick tends to move to the right even if I'm not actually pressing right. I'm going to try opening it up and see if it can be fixed. Is that even worth doing, or should I just junk the controller?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sounds like the elastic or whatever that centers the stick got stretched out too badly, which is not really fixable. It's a problem with lots of controllers that have joysticks, I'd say you're gonna have to go buy a replacement. Good news is there are plenty for under ten bucks on ebay.

As you can see, even if you open it up there's not a hell of a lot you can do. You might be able to get the heads off of the joysticks, but then what? You gonna manually calibrate it by hand somehow? Buy replacement sticks and solder them onto the circuitboard? Not worth the effort.
All of the newer PS3 controllers that come with the super slim consoles have issues like this too, except the joysticks literally STICK when you move them. They feel like cheap plastic too. Pretty sad.

I would suggest buying new, Sony brand controllers. They're a bit of money, I know, but they're a lot better than anything else you're going to find out there.
Pages: 1