I'M AT THE TAIL END OF FF9... IT'S KICKING MY ASS!

Pages: 1
So I'm at the last three bosses of the game. My party is Zidane lv69 (his trance skills are crazy strong), Vivi lv58 (you have to have a good caster), Eiko lv56 (I think she is a better healer then Garnet, cuz Garnet don't have full life) and Steiner lv60 (him and Vivi equal lots of damage.) I can't get past Deathguise, he destroys me each and every time. Are there any strategies I should use.

EDIT: It used Meteor and that will one shot Vivi and Eiko!
The fact that Meteor isn't one-shotting your entire party indicates that you're over-levelled.
author=Jude
The fact that Meteor isn't one-shotting your entire party indicates that you're over-levelled.

Not really, Stiner and Zidane both have over 5000 HP. Meteor hits about 3900.

EDIT: I have the HP+ 20% ability.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
That's so weird; I never had a problem with Deathguise in any of my playthroughs (Necron's another story. I had to grind a few levels in Memoria during my last run to beat him, which is weird because I fought Hades in order to synthesize Pumice to summon Ark). Have you spent plenty of time getting abilities like Auto-Life and the sort for your party to try and counteract some of the more hard hitting attacks?

I mean, my party was probably around the same level, but I doubt replacing Eiko and Steiner with Garnet and Freya would make much difference. All I can recommend is doing all of the chocographs and buying the best equipment you can (perhaps even give Garnet's summons a try). If Zidane doesn't have the Ultima Weapon and other party members are equally unprepared, that may be the source of your problem.
author=Corfaisus
That's so weird; I never had a problem with Deathguise in any of my playthroughs (Necron's another story. I had to grind a few levels in Memoria during my last run to beat him, which is weird because I fought Hades in order to synthesize Pumice to summon Ark). Have you spent plenty of time getting abilities like Auto-Life and the sort for your party to try and counteract some of the more hard hitting attacks?

I mean, my party was probably around the same level, but I doubt replacing Eiko and Steiner with Garnet and Freya would make much difference. All I can recommend is doing all of the chocographs and buying the best equipment you can (perhaps even give Garnet's summons a try). If Zidane doesn't have the Ultima Weapon and other party members are equally unprepared, that may be the source of your problem.

I dont have to many people with auto life... I have everyone with all the status preventing ablilites on. Should I take some of them off?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
You'll probably want the status prevention abilities on for Necron as he uses Grand Cross which inflicts everyone in your party with random status ailments.
I know that it’s been a while since I’ve played the game - but was FF9 really that hard? I mean, as long as you learn all the abilities that come with your equipment and equip the right ones for each situation and grind a little bit here or there, you really shouldn’t have that much of a problem with finishing the game. I guess if you’re really having trouble over there, you could take both Eiko and Garnet along for duel healing support to make things a bit easier on you, or you could take along Quina if you’ve been using her regularly who can learn and use Auto Life, Mighty Guard and White Wind that also helps quite a lot.

I think I used Zidane, Amarant, Quina and Eiko pretty much from Disc 3 onwards and really had no problems with any of the main game’s bosses afterwards - even Necron (who wasn’t that very challenging to me, IMO).

BTW, what do you think of the game so far, Jparker1984, considering you’re pretty close to the end.
author=Addit
I know that it’s been a while since I’ve played the game - but was FF9 really that hard? I mean, as long as you learn all the abilities that come with your equipment and equip the right ones for each situation and grind a little bit here or there, you really shouldn’t have that much of a problem with finishing the game. I guess if you’re really having trouble over there, you could take both Eiko and Garnet along for duel healing support to make things a bit easier on you, or you could take along Quina if you’ve been using her regularly who can learn and use Auto Life, Mighty Guard and White Wind that also helps quite a lot.

I think I used Zidane, Amarant, Quina and Eiko pretty much from Disc 3 onwards and really had no problems with any of the main game’s bosses afterwards - even Necron (who wasn’t that very challenging to me, IMO).

BTW, what do you think of the game so far, Jparker1984, considering you’re pretty close to the end.

Its fun. The story is a bit more serious then past games. I haven't noticed as much comedy as past games. The game hasn't been that hard, just this last area.

EDIT: I fricken did it, just beat the game. Auto life, auto regen and auto potion are what saved me.
Pages: 1