[REQUEST] [WRITER] WRITER NEEDED FOR GAMEBOY COLOR-ESQUE GAME PROJECT

Pages: 1
Hello, everyone! As the title already implied, I am in need of a writer for a game project. The project I have in mind is a GameBoy Color-esque RPG, much like Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest 1&2 (GBC version, obviously), using GameBoy Color graphics. The intro scene would use standard RMVX ACE RTP-esque graphics however. The idea I have in mind goes like this: A girl receives a shiny new Game Boy Color and a game on her 14th birthday in early 1999. After playing the game she received along with it for a bit, she somehow gets transported into the world of the game. That's where her journey to both save the world inside the game and to get back home begins. The girl would be a silent hero type character (the best example I have for this would be Link from The Legend of Zelda and the heroes from the Dragon Quest games.) and she would be joined by two party members.

What I need (in more detail) is a writer (that preferably loves to write stories) to help me flesh out the story from simple ideas and write the dialogue. It would be kind of like a script, to be honest. What would be needed is this format:

-Dialogue (Examples: Mother: "Surprise! Happy Birthday, sweetie!"; "You receive a GameBoy Color! Just what you wanted!"; King: "Please save the princess! Please save my daughter! She's being kept in the dungeon to the west of the castle!")
-Place (Examples: *Dungeon1*; *Town of Ortega*)
-Actions and important descriptions (Examples: *NPC1 walks over to PartyMember2 from the other side of the room*; *The screen fades in, there's a present on the table.*)

Example (Put Together)
*Living Room/Real World*
Mother: “Now… Open your eyes, sweetie!”
*The screen fades in.*
*There's a present on the table.*
Mother: “Happy birthday! Heehee! Surprised? Come on now, open it up!”
*PC (Player Character) walks over to the present and opens it.*
“Wow! You got a GameBoy Color! Just what you wanted!”
Mother: “Surprise! I know how much you wanted one, so I finally got it for you. I mean, you wouldn’t stop nagging me about it since it came out on the market last year!

If no one volunteers for that, then I could attempt and write the dialogue myself while having a co-writer write the plot and characters like a type of movie script (Thanks, Avee, for giving me the idea of asking for that as well!). I'm not half bad at the dialogue, so all that I would need in that case would be the plot so I can fill it with the dialogue.

If there are any questions or if I just wasn't clear enough, do ask as many questions as necessary. Please give any suggestions as well. Thank you everyone in advance! ^^
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I'm actually interested in this, but I don't think I have the time right now for another full-blown project unfortunately. :(
unity
You're magical to me.
This is a really cool idea! I've unfortunately got too much on my plate to help right now, but best of luck!
Yeah that does sound cool. If it is a fairly short and/or basic game/depending on the story details you have other than what you've mentioned already, I might be interested in helping you...
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
hmm. maybe. BTW, you should try "God Medicine," a game that has exactly that theme... (As does "Moon:RPG Remix" but differently.)here's a translation patch for the rom
Whoops I didn't even think of Moon when I read the OP.
I would like to try this if you don't mind working with a beginner. I have some
history with writing, but not very much. I'm looking for a project were I can focus on my writing.
Sounds nice! I'm not very good with writing, much less with team projects; But make sure to keep us updated! :D
I'll rewrite the intro scene that you made up there and send it to via private message. But I was wondering, does it have to be a silent main character?
@Trihan,unity and Joseph Seraph: Oh well. But thank you very much in your interest on this project! ^^ I'll make sure to keep updating on this once enough progress has been made.

@suzy_cheesedreams: I see. Well, it's not planned to be a long game, or too short of a game. More like in the middle. As for the story's complexity, it mostly depends on what I can come up with together with the chosen writer and his/her style.

@BurningTyger: I've never really heard of either of those games before, really. But thanks for telling me! I'm already checking out God Medicine to see how I can make my idea more different from it.

@macblo: I don't really mind working with a beginner, really. In fact, it might give said beginner more experience and a chance to improve! And alright then. As for the main character, preferably yes, a silent main character. But if you're better with speaking main characters you're welcome to give it a shot with writing it with one. I'd have to send you the details of how the main character is, however.
Sweet! Will the player be able to choose the gender of the main character, or will the main character be locked into one gender?
Cool. I'll be looking out for this project in the future, then. Good luck, guys :)
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, ditto! Best of luck! This is totally a game that I'd play ^_^
I mulled it over and was gonna offer a hand, but I see Mac has beaten me to the punch! Good on ya.

If for some reason you need to split the load, keep me in mind. Otherwise, kick some ass!
@macblo: The main character will be locked to a single gender, like most games. Though it'll be a female main character, unlike most games of the era (at least, that I remember.).

@suzy_cheese and unity: Thank you both! ^^

@nurvuss: Ah, sorry to hear that. ^^; But alright. I'll make sure to keep you in mind. If we need help though, we can always come to you for advice, right?
Sweet! I always have preferred female main characters compared to male, so I'm really glad. Plus I've already started writing like I was making a female character so... anyway, I'll send you the rewrite of the intro scene later this afternoon.
Same here, really! And alright then. I'll be looking forward to it!
Yeah, sure! Regardless, I look forward to seeing how your project turns out!
Pages: 1