RMN SECRET SANTA 2014

I have no idea who is my secret santa, but thanks! Is a simple gift, but I really liked it!

Happy Holidays!
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
On the bright side; when I do figure out who did my secret santa, I'd love to clear a few things up for them, and hopefully, it's to their benefit. Thank you!

Edit: After checking reviews from various users, I can only conclude that whoever did my santa either did a really good first review, or they changed up their style a bit to throw me off. Either way, Hats off to ya.
Ahhh, I feel like I should be able to guess my secret santa, like I've seen the style before, but at the same time, I have no idea. Either way, I absolutely adore it to pieces for it is incredibly adorable.
Weeell I've got no idea who my Santa was due to the gift format! Though I guess there's slightly more of a chance they're female, due to them choosing a female character in the LT. Yeah, it's not much, but I got nothin' else here!

Anyway, you play very defensively! I guess most people equip that Fireball and keep it on for a long time! It's risky, so you have to be more careful, but battles can go a lot faster. Still, equipping it only for obvious fire-weaklings is a really good strategy that makes the beginning a lot easier. I wonder what you'll do with the level 2 offensive magic, though you're a druid so maybe not much at all...

EDIT: Oh! And thank you very much for the gift! It's always fun to see people play your game, with or without commentary. :D
Zeigfried_McBacon
I THINK I figured out who sent my Secret Santa. Now to see if I'm right when the time comes.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

So far I have only been able to take three people off the list of who it could be. Based on the review I'm pretty sure my gift wasn't from Marrend, Archeia_Nessia, or Unity.

Now I just have to have a look at some profiles and reviews and narrow it down.

Edit:

#1 Guess: Gourd_Clae

#2 Guess: nhubi
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Thanks for the Secret Santa review JosephSeraph! The mp3 problem's a weird one I'd never heard of before so I appreciate your input!
Haha thanks to my mystery reviewer! That was very nice, and I can only agree on the useful criticism, but I have no idea at all who you might be!
author=Yellow Magic
Thanks for the Secret Santa review JosephSeraph! The mp3 problem's a weird one I'd never heard of before so I appreciate your input!

I'm happy you enjoyed it, though I was dead sleepy when I wrote it. :D
The version I'll upload to the site will be much better, and there will still be a surprise in it~ <3

>-<

Umm, did I write my name on it or something? Or is my "writing" that characteristic? haha

And yeah, that mp3 problem is actually uncommon but oggs are better solely for the fact they take a third of the file size ^w^~
avoiding bugged pcs like mine is a +

Anyway, that gift ended up as more like a gift to myself than to you. That was a really fun experience. :D
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Oh a surprise!!! :O

It was the fact that you posted on my game page only a couple days ago - and also you have a habit of POSTING IN CAPS and USING A LOT OF SMILIES >:P

And nah, you flatter me. As you and others have rightly pointed out there are a ton of things I could have done better. Tis all part of the learning experience...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
To be perfectly honest, I was highly questioning the gift I sent out. That's all I'm willing to say on this at the moment.

As for the identity of the person that I received my gift from? My first thought was Max McGee, but, there wasn't any expletives in the text of the review I'm noticing that he wasn't part of this. My next thoughts were karins_soulkeeper, kory_tombs, and Yellow Magic, in that approximate order.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Hey Liberty can I stick my gift on the relevant game-page now, or do I have to wait until the end of Boxing Day?
Go ahead and stick. I'll be posting the names list in a mo'.

Edit: Done!

Here's the list~

- Liberty > LouisCyphre
- Zeuzio > Hasvers
- Pizza > karins_soulkeeper
- karins_soulkeeper > Marrend
- unity > Gourd_Clae
- nhubi > Sooz
- JosephSeraph > Yellow Magic
- Red_Nova > Dudesoft
- Housekeeping > Zeigfried_McBacon
- Zeigfried_McBacon > Anorak
- seiromem > El_WaKa
- pianotm > Liberty
- kory_tombs > unity
- Yellow Magic > pianotm
- Hasvers > kory_toombs
- El_Waka > JosephSeraph
- CashmereCat > Archeia_Nessiah
- Sooz > Racheal
- Archeia_Nessiah > seiromem
- Marrend > Pizza
- Anorak > Red_Nova
- Dudesoft > Housekeeping
- Racheal > Zeuzio
- LouisCyphre > CashmereCat
- Gourd_Clae > nhubi
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I was way off on my guess, but thanks to Hasvers for the great review.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Ah, guess number 2, not bad for me. Gourdy do you want to forward your gift to Yuna, or would you like me to do so?

author=Sooz
Eeee I'm so happy with what I got! Also glad they picked up on the subtextual stuff in the game. :DDD Thank you, mysterious benefactor! You are awesome!

You are very welcome.
Wait...that was Cashmere!? I knew it was an RMW user when I first saw the FPS control by Tsukihime but danngg. Thanks Cashmere, your gift was awesomesauce!

author=seiromem
Well, I have a complete confirmation of who did mine! I am 100% sure of it, there is no other person it could be! The style, the personality... the utter and undefinable thing that makes it THEM!

Anyways, I'll give a big fat thanks; But I won't say who it was so you guys can't use process of elimination! HAH!

I'm glad you liked it ;w;
author=Zeigfried_McBacon
On the bright side; when I do figure out who did my secret santa, I'd love to clear a few things up for them, and hopefully, it's to their benefit. Thank you!

Edit: After checking reviews from various users, I can only conclude that whoever did my santa either did a really good first review, or they changed up their style a bit to throw me off. Either way, Hats off to ya.

Ooh, tell me! I've been curious to know what you meant ever since I read this, and I can alter that review before I post it officially. Merry Christmas!
Thanks for the LT Racheal! I thought it might have been you but I couldn't be for sure. XD

And thanks for running this event again this year, Libby. It was fun, as usual!
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=Housekeeping
author=Zeigfried_McBacon

Ooh, tell me! I've been curious to know what you meant ever since I read this, and I can alter that review before I post it officially. Merry Christmas!

I get the impression you didn't get to play multiplayer at all. It's not MMO really; its just IP address based connections, so you can play over LAN and the internet. Yes, anyone can host or join a game, provided they have a basic idea of what they're doing. DHM sometimes host on his server, but that's by no means the "official" server; there is no official server. Your review is pretty damn good in of itself, so unless you wanted a chance to give multiplayer a fair try (in which case, I'd be glad to play it co op with you when its convenient for you, just shoot me a PM if you'd like to arrange something), I'd just post it now and keep your eyes on it.(FYI for everyone else not in the loop; I chose Heroes of Umbra by DHM as my secret santa game of choice. you should check it out too when you can.)

As for the person who received my present (Anorak). I know that you had one game and it was just a short alpha, so I can understand if my present... is lacking in some sense, so I will extend this offer as part of my present; I will do at least 1 or 2 more LTs as you progress in the development of the game. The new LTs will simply replace the older ones. Again, it's merely an offer.
Oh, it was from Pizza? Then thank you!
Now, to the drafting table, so I won't make the same mistakes again XD

Marrend> I... write like Max? Wow, that's quite an honour :3
Sorry if my review turned out to be a bit negative, though.

And since this was all over, I just wanted to say that my gift was supposed to be the review for Okiku (but I messed up and submitted it).