FIVE RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

The N64 was horrible. The Gamecube was horrible. And the Wii is also horrible.
I love Zelda, but the formula for the game hasn't changed at all. It's the same exact game every time, but nothing will change. It's a good formula, but it's wearing thin.

That is pretty much the problem with Nintendo. No fresh IPs to give the system any life and they just rehash their first party games. They could have done something with Mother 3.

Nintendo makes me angry these days.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=suzuricho link=topic=1683.msg38127#msg38127 date=1224090610
My reccomendation for FE games are the GBA titles. I think once it hit 3D, it lost a lot of the original charm. Then again. I've only played up till FE8! Most of them haven't been put in English unless you get patches people have made (it's how I got to play a lot of them, actually). My favorites are FE6 and 8. Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones. <3 SETH! <3

Burn, blashphemer!

It's original charm came from the NES/SNES titles. And FE9 and FE10 are two of the greatest games ever.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1683.msg37488#msg37488 date=1223854098
-Shion has almost single handedly ruined Xenosaga III for me. The entire game she does nothing but feel sorry for herself, ignored her friends, and sucks Kevins dick and bitches and moans about him all the time even though Kevin doesn't give two shits about her.

This is why I believe that Shion is just the story's cameraperson, and that Jr. is the real protagonist. I actually like Shion a lot (ep2 Shion is hanging on my wall), but yeah, she doesn't do much besides mope/scream/ignore Allen/eat curry. Shion does, however, act as a catalyst, and is important because of that.

Also, the scene in Labrinthos with
Shion's mommy getting hacked and then Shion learning that she called all of the Gnosis/was part of the reason for the Song of Nephilim/she screwed over Old Miltia
pretty much justifies Shion as a neat character!

Kevin does care about her, by the way. He just goes about it the wrong way--see the ending for full details! Besides, she is psychic and can talk with god/scry on aliens how cool is that? +5 cool points
Kevin doesn't give a shit about Shion, it just seems like she was being manipulated by him the whole time. And yeah, I beat the game, and Kevin may have somewhat 'come around', but he never really gave two shits about her compared to her actual friends.
Craze
I think that the "real" non-teenage Kevin cared about Shion. I don't remember if this is in XS2 or XS3, but there are some flashbacks of them having some pretty deep/meaningful conversations.

Kevin working for Mizrahi and Uzuki as well as Kevin as one of Wilhelm's boiz is a whole 'nother story, though!

You also have to give him bonus points because
c'mon, his DARK KNIGHT battle is pretty nifty. Plus, without Kevin being a jerk, Allen wouldn't be such an incredible character during the ending.
author=Neophyte link=topic=1683.msg39441#msg39441 date=1224793517
They could have done something with Mother 3.

I'd be interested to see what its ESRB rating would've been or the public response (if any) to "Good news and bad news" or the mailboxes&co.
Craze
"Good news and bad news" is arguable for a rating, but, uh, what about the end of chapter one? I'm only in the middle of chapter 2 now, but still. The backdrop for the ending wall of text is WTFWTFWTFiswrongwithyouguys (in a good way (kind of)).
Mother 3 has some great songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7hfWqE9y8

I LOVE this one. It's especially great when you know the context.
Either way the game is pretty dark and depressing and not your regular Nintendo fare. Its not just the dark content either, what about the Magpyies?

Also the dance is far cooler than any party.
So I'm about to get play FarCry 2 in a few hours. Here's hoping it doesn't suck massive ass. I've heard sentiments of both good and bad.

1.)

I love Zelda, but the formula for the game hasn't changed at all. It's the same exact game every time, but nothing will change. It's a good formula, but it's wearing thin.

That is pretty much the problem with Nintendo. No fresh IPs to give the system any life and they just rehash their first party games. They could have done something with Mother 3.

AMEN

2.) Now I know what all the fuss about Orange Box is.

3.) I wonder how many quarters I will waste on spend on sacrifice to Street Fighter IV this weekend.

author=harmonic link=topic=1683.msg39444#msg39444 date=1224794984
author=suzuricho link=topic=1683.msg38127#msg38127 date=1224090610
My reccomendation for FE games are the GBA titles. I think once it hit 3D, it lost a lot of the original charm. Then again. I've only played up till FE8! Most of them haven't been put in English unless you get patches people have made (it's how I got to play a lot of them, actually). My favorites are FE6 and 8. Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones. <3 SETH! <3

Burn, blashphemer!

It's original charm came from the NES/SNES titles. And FE9 and FE10 are two of the greatest games ever.

*burns*

Ah, I am sorry about that. FE1 was pretty fun... I ended up playing it completely in Japanese and I remember very little.

But I still really like Seth.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Dead Space fucking rules!

I agree that nintendo isn't the greatest system but games like Banjo Kazooie and Mario 64 were fucking awesome to play.
author=demondestiny link=topic=1683.msg39867#msg39867 date=1224932414

I agree that nintendo isn't the greatest system but games like Banjo Kazooie and Mario 64 were fucking awesome to play.

Oh, but the SNES kicked the shit out of anything available today. Well... the PSX was fun, too. But I grew up with the SNES, and I remember it being AWESOME. I also had a Sega Genesis, though.

While the N64 had a few games that were fun, I loved the Gamecube. I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for Melee and Tales of Symphonia... if Symphonia was on the PS2 in the states, then I would have ended up selling my 'cube.
Yeah gamecube was awesome as well thanks to melee. It also had pokemon XD gale of darkness which was one of my favourite games at the time.
author=demondestiny link=topic=1683.msg39879#msg39879 date=1224938970
Yeah gamecube was awesome as well thanks to melee. It also had pokemon XD gale of darkness which was one of my favourite games at the time.

I remember XD. It was waaaaay too short, and had too little available. I hated the whole catching the dark Pokemon thing, really... I mean what kind of bastard sits there and programs in a Pokemon I really wanted but it isn't shadow so I couldn't get it. And I didn't have the cords to take the Pokemon off that I purified, either. So that made me a bit sad. That poor Spheal was stuck there. T__T

Still. It was fun to play in a 3D Pokemon game! I loved how all the towns were graphically different.
Yeah i had a shadow Lugia on it and it took me forever to purify him. I never got a chance to collect all the shadow pokemon though.
author=demondestiny link=topic=1683.msg39887#msg39887 date=1224939792
Yeah i had a shadow Lugia on it and it took me forever to purify him. I never got a chance to collect all the shadow pokemon though.

Hell, the reason why I originally wanted it was to get the Lugia legit in the first place. Then I realized "holy crap, I have no cord." And then I stopped playing it almost at the end... and it was sold because I lost interest. Not in Pokemon, but in playing XD. It lacked a lot of staying power for me. It was fun, but not the best Pokemon game I've ever played.

I want a new Monster rancher game though, that ISN'T MR Evo. You don't mix a rythym game with my monster raising, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If people want a music based beat game, then they play Parappa or Jammer Lammy or whatever, not Monster Rancher. That pissed me off so bad. And then, to make matters worse, there was no Suzuricho! GAHHH. Tecmo, you may have killed off a brilliant series stateside. :<

For more random thoughts, however:

~I hated the controller for the N64. My dad called it a fork constantly and that's why he bought us a playstation. No, I'm not kidding.
~I don't understand the appeal of the GTA series. Senseless violence makes hardly any sense, and even though it helps a lot of people I know blow off steam, it doesn't do the trick for me. Then again, I like swords. If they made a fantasy based GTA where you steal swords, hijack dragons, and things like that I might be more interested!
~Mama loves some cookin', but she did not like Cooking Mama. It felt unrewarding and clunky on DS, and made me hungry while cookin' imaginary food. I say, let me have my kitchen back so I can reap the rewards of cooking. Even if I hate cleaning it up.
~Games based on babysitting marketed for 12-16 year olds make my blood boil. Something about teaching those girls that babies are playthings that can be turned off seems to be a very amoral thing for me personally. While they can be used for good things, I cannot imagine what they might be...
No, the Gamecube sucked. If you have to mention MELEE just to save it, then that's pretty bad. It's the best game on the system, you don't have to mention that.

You can't name a good game on it that isn't a first party game. Maybe Tales but yeah you probably can't name 3-5 games.

SNES was a really really good system though.