FIVE RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Fallout 3 owns my life so much. I'm gonna make a topic about it one of these days, when I stop playing it every free second.
I am playing Fallout 3 right now as well ... I been thinking about it in class and when i got home immediately sat down and got on it and now I've been on for hours

I can't find the fcking fire ant source!
Call of duty 5 is out?
Gears of war 2 is going to rock.
once it comes out I won't be going
anywhere for weeks. (that includes the toilet)
author=Max McGee link=topic=1683.msg42000#msg42000 date=1225925651
Fallout 3 owns my life so much. I'm gonna make a topic about it one of these days, when I stop playing it every free second.

haha that's true. You can't call yourself a true videogamer unless you've played it.
author=meavor link=topic=1683.msg42044#msg42044 date=1225944069
Call of duty 5 is out?
Gears of war 2 is going to rock.
once it comes out I won't be going
anywhere for weeks. (that includes the toilet)

GoW2 is going to be the best thing ever until the end of 2008 and onwards through 2009! Gears never gets old imo, especially when you got people saying they can beat you ... then the battles never stop. No one ever admits hat a person is better than then (At least the people i beat lol)

Anyhow Gow2 is gonna be teh best! I know I'm not going to get it, because I don't have it pre-ordered and it's gonna be sold out within minutes ... I think I'll just
pirate it D:
I like Gears of War because I played it with good friends online and at their house. There's no doubt the multiplayer will be fun to play, but the single player was never that good. They're basically doing what they should have done with the first one, trying to create a good story. The problem now is that we already know how most of the characters act, so it will be almost impossible to create an emotional story. Dom probably said one sentence in the first GoW about his wife, and yet they expect us to care this time around.

Plus I am getting really sick of the Unreal engine. But I may pick the game up, who knows.
Fallout 3 is still very good at the moment.
I like Gears of War because I played it with good friends online and at their house. There's no doubt the multiplayer will be fun to play, but the single player was never that good. They're basically doing what they should have done with the first one, trying to create a good story. The problem now is that we already know how most of the characters act, so it will be almost impossible to create an emotional story. Dom probably said one sentence in the first GoW about his wife, and yet they expect us to care this time around.

Plus I am getting really sick of the Unreal engine. But I may pick the game up, who knows.
Fallout 3 is still very good at the moment.

They Can't all be good.
At least they learned from the last game and tried to improve.
I'm tired of getting sequels that are the same thing with new
weapons.
LOL!

Some copies of Red Alert 3 were shipped with a 19-digit CD key, when the game requires 20 to unlock! EA's official solution? Guess the last digit!

“There is currently a work around that may allow you to bypass this issue. Since you have the first 19 characters of the code already, you can basically try “guessing” the last character. To do this, simply enter your existing code, and then for the last character, try the letters A-Z, and then the numbers 0-9. You should eventually get the right combination, and be able to play the game.”
Max McGee
2 Random Thoughts:

*Bethesda is by far my favorite developer.
*Bethesda's games are always wrought with mysterious technical problems.

“There is currently a work around that may allow you to bypass this issue. Since you have the first 19 characters of the code already, you can basically try “guessing” the last character. To do this, simply enter your existing code, and then for the last character, try the letters A-Z, and then the numbers 0-9. You should eventually get the right combination, and be able to play the game.”

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS! I just realized something. By extrapolating this...if you were to do this (guess) for ALL 20 DIGITS you could HACK THE GAME and bypass the copy-protection!

Big slip up on the part of EA!
Holy shit The Last Remenant actually looks interesting. This might push me to getting a 360 (because damn AC6 wasn't going to do it)
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=1683.msg42322#msg42322 date=1226099369
Holy shit The Last Remenant actually looks interesting. This might push me to getting a 360 (because damn AC6 wasn't going to do it)

Yeah i agree. It's been a game i've been waiting for ages.
author=meavor link=topic=1683.msg42351#msg42351 date=1226112353
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARz6fPLmSPo
Sweet!

The battle system looks even better then what Final Fantasy XII was. When i finish work later today i need to go preorder this. It comes out November 20.
Max McGee
Fallout 3 has one sequence which is such an outright ripoff of V for Vendetta that it goes beyond homage.
Has anyone ever noticed the difficulty of games has gone up?
I went back and played Spyro 2 a month or so ago, and I breezed through it, 100% in 3 days. I remember spending months on that game 6-7 years ago, and relying heavily upon GameFAQs to find all teh secret stuff. But then there's teh more recent games like MGS3 or Silent Hill 2-4 that routinely beat me down and/or send me running to GameFAQs after I've spent a good 30 minutes looking for where I'm suposed to go.

Just found it kinda weird...
I've never found there to be a difficulty spread across every game. For every Kingdom Hearts 2 that could be beaten blind there's a God Hand that will rip out your guts and spread them across the floor. I think the only generation that actually had any kind of consistant difficulty would be the NES.
author=SuicideAngel link=topic=1683.msg42763#msg42763 date=1226342071
I went back and played Spyro 2 a month or so ago, and I breezed through it, 100% in 3 days. I remember spending months on that game 6-7 years ago, and relying heavily upon GameFAQs to find all teh secret stuff. But then there's teh more recent games like MGS3 or Silent Hill 2-4 that routinely beat me down and/or send me running to GameFAQs after I've spent a good 30 minutes looking for where I'm suposed to go.

Wow, I have the exact opposite experience with video games.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1683.msg42774#msg42774 date=1226346328
author=SuicideAngel link=topic=1683.msg42763#msg42763 date=1226342071

Wow, I have the exact opposite experience with video games.
Max McGee
I'm really, really frustrated with Fallout 3. (Major Spoilers!!!)

You see, I'm at the point (towards the end of the game, I assume) where
either you or Sara Lyons has to suicidally enter the radiation chamber to activate the purifier, and you have to choose who
but what's really bothering me is,
I also have FAWKES as a follower, Fakwes who we determined earlier as a major plot point (to get the fucking GECK) is IMMUNE TO RADIATION. And there is nothing I can do to make Sara Lyons realize that Fawkes, immune to radiation, is standing right the fuck behind her and neither one of us has to die!

This is some incredibly poor fucking programming/writing/multipathing/what have you.

Fuck, and afterwards,
when you talk to him about it, he just says that he "wouldn't rob me of my destiny."
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.

AND THEN THAT'S THE END OF THE GAME.

WHAT A TOTALLY FUCKING DISAPPOINTING ENDING.

(The last boss fight was a joke too.)
author=Max McGee link=topic=1683.msg42816#msg42816 date=1226363461
I'm really, really frustrated with Fallout 3. (Major Spoilers!!!)

You see, I'm at the point (towards the end of the game, I assume) where
either you or Sara Lyons has to suicidally enter the radiation chamber to activate the purifier, and you have to choose who
but what's really bothering me is,
I also have FAWKES as a follower, Fakwes who we determined earlier as a major plot point (to get the fucking GECK) is IMMUNE TO RADIATION. And there is nothing I can do to make Sara Lyons realize that Fawkes, immune to radiation, is standing right the fuck behind her and neither one of us has to die!

This is some incredibly poor fucking programming/writing/multipathing/what have you.

Fuck, and afterwards,
when you talk to him about it, he just says that he "wouldn't rob me of my destiny."
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.

AND THEN THAT'S THE END OF THE GAME.

WHAT A TOTALLY FUCKING DISAPPOINTING ENDING.

OH wow ...
I haven't beaten it yet ... and won't open up those spoiler tags until i do so, but really a disappointing ending? Dammit!!
I'm going to try and finish the game now ...
How far am I?
I'm at that children town, ugh trying to take that guy to "Big Town" now ... I've been doing every single side-quest, but yeah how far am I from beating it?

author=Max McGee link=topic=1683.msg42816#msg42816 date=1226363461

Really? Did you have your difficulty on hard?