FIVE RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I did 20~30 damage a turn to boss with 210 million HP. Do the math.

And, no, I didn't know the combination for "Trio of 9999" at the time.

I had to leave my ps2 running overnight. Counting breaks, it took nine days. NINE DAYS OF SPAMMING THE ATTACK COMMAND AND HYPER-MIGHTY-G.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1683.msg42937#msg42937 date=1226380348

I had to leave my ps2 running overnight. Counting breaks, it took nine days. NINE DAYS OF SPAMMING THE ATTACK COMMAND AND HYPER-MIGHTY-G.

...that's insane
I really don't know what else to say ...
And you did this because? :|
author=VerifyedRasta link=topic=1683.msg42940#msg42940 date=1226380613
And you did this because? :|

He has too much free time. ;)

And i thought my battle with Yiazmat was bad.
LouisCyphre
I needed something to do.

BADLY.

...And I didn't feel like unpacking any of my other games at the time :P.
I thought my 1 hour battle with Ilidan (World of Warcraft) was bad ...
Maybe because I have almost NO free time
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1683.msg42908#msg42908 date=1226376686
Really? I think Fallout 3 is one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played.
Well it's atmospheric, but you don't get the full grasp of the wasteland until you play through the sidequests. If you don't, you're missing out on tons of backstory about the world and characters. The main quest (from what I've done so far) is just about the main character. It does nothing to pull you out of that role and put you inside the actual world you're living in.

I think the radio really helps with conveying the world the most. Without it, it would really be boring because the soundtrack is not too memorable. =/
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1683.msg42937#msg42937 date=1226380348

I'm curious to how you beat the guys leading up to Nemesis. Did you use Zanmato? Aeons with given stats? Even then, what about Shinryu? If I got through a few thousand rounds of him without Eraser I'd buy a lottery ticket to take advantage of the four leaf clovers I'd be swimming in.

(Low level games really interst me, the strategies required to survive attacks that would normally be instant death across the party and using game mechanics that normal players didn't even dream of trying. And a slight correction: Nemesis has 10M HP. I don't think any FF game has gone into Disgaea-levels of rediculous HP levels yet)
LouisCyphre
Nope, penance has 12,000,000, and Nemesis has 210,000,000.

I used Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku.
All Overdrives are on Comrade, and start out filled.
Weapons
-First Strike
-Triple Overdrive
-One MP Cost(useless)
-Piercing (vital)

Armor
-Auto-Haste
-Ribbon
-Curseproof (not blocked by Ribbon)
-Auto-Reflect

I basically spammed physical attacks.
I started with Rikku Mixing up a Hyper-Mighty-G, which does Auto-Life on the party, among othe nice stuff like shell and 99999 HP recovery, from a light curtain and a lunar curtain (which can be stolen from Nemesis). Every time he raped my party for all 9's, all of my overdrives go to full, and my characters are resurrected by Auto-Life which, very nicely, triggers First Strike on my weapons, bringing up my turn, so I can whip up another Hyper-Mighty-G, use Blitz Ace for around 500 damage, and Attack Reels for about 350. Rinse and repeat.

Interesting note: When you steal with a character with under 100 Hp, you have a 3.5% chance of getting 99 of whatever item you stole. I don't know what purpose this could serve, and it only activates between 10 and 99 HP, but it saved my ass. Rikku Auto-Lifes with exactly 83 HP, and stealing 99 lunar curtains, and then 99 light curtains later in the fight save me from running out of Hyper-Mighty-G. Thank you, Square-Enix.
I did the 122333 challenge for Final Fantasy XII and managed to beat the entire game including Yiazmat in which it took 19 hours for me to beat him. (i have no life)

author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1683.msg42968#msg42968 date=1226383556
Interesting note: When you steal with a character with under 100 Hp, you have a 3.5% chance of getting 99 of whatever item you stole. I don't know what purpose this could serve, and it only activates between 10 and 99 HP, but it saved my ass. Rikku Auto-Lifes with exactly 83 HP, and stealing 99 lunar curtains, and then 99 light curtains later in the fight save me from running out of Hyper-Mighty-G. Thank you, Square-Enix.

I didn't even know that. That's pretty cool.

LouisCyphre
122333 was actually pretty easy.

Maybe because LEVEL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STATS. (Damn it, bring back Kitase!) My level 3 street urchin should NOT have >5000 HP. Bubble or no.
Ah, International version. That explains Eraser. How did you kill Neslug though? When he's in his shell he's immune to physical attacks and recovers thousands of HP per turn and another (forgot his name, I think he's before Neslug though) whose counter attack removes protective buffs including Auto-Life.

I had no idea that First Strike activates after being revived though. That's a brilliant way to get turns between getting killled/revived instead of the boss getting another before Rikku can get off another HyperMightyG.

Do you have a source on 210M HP Nemesis? Everything on GameFAQs says he has 10M HP, international version included.

e: Another grammer failure :v
LouisCyphre
How about personal experience? My uber-file's Tidus can bust a Blitz Ace for 99,999 a hit. 18 such hits = 1,799,982 damage. He would survive around 60-70 of those (sorry lost count around 35) with only 10,000,000 HP. and then add in my plethora of Quick Hits for 99,999 with each character.

EDIT: I Zanmato'd Neslug :P.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1683.msg42974#msg42974 date=1226384267
122333 was actually pretty easy.

Maybe because LEVEL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STATS. (Damn it, bring back Kitase!) My level 3 street urchin should NOT have >5000 HP. Bubble or no.

Some guy did it with just one character on level 2. It's freaking insane.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LMWvyE-Eilk

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I think all of this shit is pretty silly! I mean speed runs or a specific kind of challenge is one thing, but...

I dunno, to each his own I guess.
Blitz Ace hits 9 times. and I'm pretty sure you're misremembering Nemesis too. This video has International Nemesis defeated in 15 minutes by a solo Tidus. If Nemesis had 210M HP, he'd have to do 233K damage per second instead of 10M HP Nemesis' 11K damage per second.

Not trying to discredit you or anything, killing Nemesis with no sphere grid is insane. I think you're just not remembering stuff right.
LouisCyphre
Hrm... maybe my version's different. I bought mine back in Germany. Is there more than one FFX International version? That would be a simple explaination for this.

(and my blitz ace just loops the first three hits five times, followed by 4-7, then the epic blitzball-rape, going by that video.)
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=1683.msg42771#msg42771 date=1226346070
I've never found there to be a difficulty spread across every game. For every Kingdom Hearts 2 that could be beaten blind there's a God Hand that will rip out your guts and spread them across the floor. I think the only generation that actually had any kind of consistant difficulty would be the NES.

Did I say every single game is easier? No. I said teh dificulty level is higher, difficulty level being the average difficulty of all games for a console system. You cannot deny that games overall are harder now than they were. KH2 is easy you say? Well then God Hand evens that out nicely, to use your own example. For SNES, we have Kirby Superstar counterpointed by... Super Mario World. Seriously - I can only think of maybe 2-3 SNES games that might pose a current-gen level challange, and they're now worth roughly teh same price of a brand new 360 game, or more. whatever tho, I put in my opinion, so don't mind me =/

As for Feld and brandon, idk - maybe the rampant advancements in difficult messed with them so they can't perform teh simple stuff anymore. lol

And sorry to post this so late, I've just been refreashing the main forum randomly and never saw this thread update x_o
I'm very happy to have just bought a Sega Mega System set for $20. It comes with two consoles (of which one is silver O.O), Sonic, Wonder Boy, Paper Boy and Double Dragon games, RF and power cords as well as a free NES system. All I need are some working controllers, Alex the Kidd and I'm all set. Not a bad buy if I do say so myself. ^.^

I am also pumped about the new Suikoden. So glad I bought a DS now (I was before, but even more-so now!). After so long waiting on confirmation of a new Suikoden game, finally, finally Konami announced. And the screens don't look too bad.

WTF? A new trial game, set on Edgeworth, of all people! Hoorays! Long life the... uh... Pheonix saga? Even if he's not the main character in this new one. ^.^

author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1683.msg43013#msg43013 date=1226388332
Hrm... maybe my version's different. I bought mine back in Germany. Is there more than one FFX International version? That would be a simple explaination for this.

Possibly. I wasn't that intersted in the International version since I'd never get to play it so I don't know how many versions were released, and they did jack up Omega's HP so he wouldn't die in a single hit anymore.

author=SuicideAngel link=topic=1683.msg43035#msg43035 date=1226393207
Did I say every single game is easier? No. I said teh dificulty level is higher, difficulty level being the average difficulty of all games for a console system. You cannot deny that games overall are harder now than they were. KH2 is easy you say? Well then God Hand evens that out nicely, to use your own example. For SNES, we have Kirby Superstar counterpointed by... Super Mario World. Seriously - I can only think of maybe 2-3 SNES games that might pose a current-gen level challange, and they're now worth roughly teh same price of a brand new 360 game, or more. whatever tho, I put in my opinion, so don't mind me =/

I'm talking about that no generation has a consistant level of difficulty. For every system theres games that range from rediculously easy to ball bustingly hard and getting the average difficulty for a console with hundreds of games is both rediculous due to the number of games and that the difficulty is subjective between people.

Plus the SNES has Space Ace. It would take dozens of Kingdom Hearts 2 to counterbalance that game.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I think videogames have consistently gotten easier and more user friendly over time, with each generation being easier than the last. Are there exceptions? Of course!

But to me it's a clear progression from Super Mario Brothers (a game where you have three lives and no continues starting out, no save feature, no password, and if you don't beat it in a single setting, fuck you) to Super Mario 3 (same deal, but you have more strategy due to the huge amount of power ups and extra lives you can hoard) to Super Mario World (save feature at each major checkpoint, plus tons of lives) to Mario 64 (save game at every single minor accomplishment, no lives, no way to permanently die or get game over, infinite continues) you see a pretty clear trend of things just getting easier and easier.

At least, NES games are a hundred times harder than any of the subsequent generations. Oh, and SuicideAngel, I don't think comparing Spyro 2 to Metal Gear Solid 3 or Silent Hill 2 is at all a question of generation, it's definitely an issue of the types of games they are. Spyro 2 is made specifically for children while the Silent Hill series are the most mature, adult games you'll find for any system.