Does my rejected submission match the reason given? - Results

Yes
89%
No
10%

Pages: first 123 next last
This is what I submitted.

It was rejected. The reason given:

What do I have to show for this game's submission to be accepted?

Personally, I feel that they rejected my mapping because it doesn't conform to their ideas of what a map should look like. In other words, bullocks, rubbish, boulderdash. I'm tentative of showing too much, cause what kind of idiot wants to spoil their game?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Your maps do look very bland and amateurish. It's really a helpful suggestion to improve your mapping.
Otherwise, if this game is approved people will tear it to pieces and won't be played. And I hate to see you get offended by these people who are actually telling you the truth and flip out trying to defend your work and ultimately leave the site.
You have given a lot of reviews, all with high ranking stars. Sooo, it seems like you should know better about these kinds of things?

It's really not about conformity it's more about standards which apply to all of us.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
If you want to PM me your game I can play it and give you tips. They do look pretty empty and large.

I'm tentative of showing too much, cause what kind of idiot wants to spoil their game?

I'm sure you can show more of your game without spoiling it. Unless your game is short or shallow that screenshots would mean that playing the game is meaningless because you can already see everything. Screenshots can tease the player into playing the game. Frankly, when I see the screenshots, they aren't that exciting.
Considering that all you showed were three screenshots - one of two trees some grass and flower tile, the other of a house in the middle of a large, square island with road around the outside and a menu system... it was below site standards.

Everyone is judged the same. I don't care who you are or what game you're making - if it is below standards it is below standards and I will link you to the tutorials that can help you get better so that your game will be added to the site. It takes a bit of effort but improving your mapping will allow your game to be accepted. It is as simple as that.

You don't want to show off too much? Then remake your maps a bit more. It's not a hard ask. You are judged the same as every other game on the site. You are no more or less important than anyone else in that regard.

Frankly, your maps aren't great. They are bare. They are empty. They are over-large.

Go post them in the screenshot thread, get some feedback, rework them and try again. Stop acting like this is against you in some way. I don't look at names when judging, just the content and your content just wasn't good enough at the moment.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
*puts three trees in a field* *gets butthurt when people says the mapping is bland*

You phrased this as though it's a personal attack? Is there a good reason for people here to personally attack you or do you have some inflated sense of self-importance?

Based on what your profile says the mapping barely matches the game's concept and doesn't really reflect it either. You can post a game-relevant map without providing spoilers and you can have a field or a valley that isn't just a few trees and some grass. Elevation is a big thing in making RM maps look decent.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
In the future I'd definitely recommend PMing the right people over this instead of making a public poll about it... or at least honestly ask people for their opinion instead of trying to get us to take up arms.

Anyway, based on how many games are on this site, I promise you you'll be more successful at getting people to download and play your game by spoiling some minor things through screenshots than you will be trying to lure them in with the promise of really good maps or secrets later. A picture's worth a thousand words, right?

Edit: On second thought, don't PM anyone.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I dropped in with hope for a conspiracy and only thing I can see are some ugly mappos.
Actually it is a conspiracy. This is secret inside scoop (and I might get in trouble for posting it) but just the other day we were talking in the mod forum about how we should totally ruin this MoonCanvas's life and make him question his desire to make games. Just so that the creators with inferior games but deeper pockets could get their games featured on the site.

That sure backfired a bit.
Oh! I just remembered who MoonCavas is and why he'd think this way after checking out some of his past posts.

Yeah, dude, I had no idea who the game was made by because I don't look at names, just the actual presented materials. But hey, bully for you for finally learning how to use walls correctly! And yeah, you did something like this the last time the same game got denied, complete with the whole "I WON'T CONFORM TO OTHERS' STANDARDS!" bit. (And then went on to steal other peoples' maps.)

Quite frankly, conform or be denied. That's all there is to it. I have not got time for bullshit and if you won't meet the standards then you won't get on the site. Simple as that.

You are not a precious little snowflake who gets to subvert the rules when everyone else has to abide by them. That's all there is to it.

I wonder if the one No vote is his own...
You figured it out. We are the RM Illuminati.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I recently had a game denied. Guess what? I fixed it and resubmitted. Added some grass and a crack to the wall on one map, added a couple screenshots of some better maps. It took a lot of time, too; like, all of ten minutes.
author=Liberty
Oh! I just remembered who MoonCavas is and why he'd think this way after checking out some of his past posts.

Yeah, dude, I had no idea who the game was made by because I don't look at names, just the actual presented materials. But hey, bully for you for finally learning how to use walls correctly! And yeah, you did something like this the last time the same game got denied, complete with the whole "I WON'T CONFORM TO OTHERS' STANDARDS!" bit. (And then went on to steal other peoples' maps.)

Quite frankly, conform or be denied. That's all there is to it. I have not got time for bullshit and if you won't meet the standards then you won't get on the site. Simple as that.

You are not a precious little snowflake who gets to subvert the rules when everyone else has to abide by them. That's all there is to it.

Woah, you knew I was stealing other people's maps? Such a pity that you found out.
author=MoonCanvas
author=Liberty

Woah, you knew I was stealing other people's maps? Such a pity that you found out.

Yeah... I'd seen them on other sites so I knew they weren't yours. :/

Do not do that again - now that I know you're an unrepentant thief I will be looking for it. Frankly, your lack of remorse over it makes me want to deny every game you ever throw up. We do not take kindly to people stealing from their peers. It's an asshole move and people are very likely to ignore you and chase you out of the community if you become known for it.

Doing it again will lead to banning. It is something we do not allow, especially now that there is proof you know better and have been warned for it before.

author=Liberty
Do not do that again - now that I know you're an unrepentant thief I will be looking for it. Frankly, your lack of remorse over it makes me want to deny every game you ever throw up.

Conspiracy confirmed.
I said it makes me want to, not that I would. -_- If it falls within the rules of submissions, it'll go through. If it doesn't, it won't.

That is all you. Do right and you won't have an issue.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
She said "makes me want to". Not that she'll actually do it. She'll be unbiased even if she feels you don't deserve it.

[[ Edit: Ninja'd by Liberty ;) ]]

Besides, she said she just remembered now who you are. So even if she were biased against you - which she is not, but if she were - she didn't know who you were until you said. So denying your game wasn't even a "conspiracy", as you say.

And besides, stealing maps is not OK, man. Don't do it.
Got a new issue here. To the right is my 4 images, to the left is the main game photo.

Clearly, anyone with even the most minimal of analytical ability will come to realize my game's cover image features a deleted photo. Exactly how do I choose which photo is on the cover?

Also, I find it extraordinarily dumb that adding an image results in an old one being replaced by it.
It's only when you give them the same name. Use different file names and they'll work. As for changing the image, you can make an actual banner and use that instead (there's an area for a link in the game setup page) and if you go into the image section and edit one, you can choose various selections. To reach those pages, hover over your name in the top bar, click 'Manage games' and choose the game.

Also, I highly recommend putting up your maps in the Screenshot thread. People there are good about giving feedback. Just let them know you'd like to know how to improve so as to get your game on site and they'll help out. Ask nicely~
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=MoonCanvas

author=MoonCanvas
author=Liberty
Do not do that again - now that I know you're an unrepentant thief I will be looking for it. Frankly, your lack of remorse over it makes me want to deny every game you ever throw up.
Conspiracy confirmed.

Yeah, there's a conspiracy; a conspiracy to keep this site clear of thieves and the occasional asshat (not all asshats. There are plenty that are here that we know and love). In fact, Libby, didn't you put up a set of rules a year or so back saying that people who steal without giving credit will get banned and that there was pretty much zero tolerance for people who did it on purpose? I think I remember something about that. Oh, gee, here it is. WOW! We are like three days from the anniversary of that post! What perfect timing for this thread.

That's the key to conspiracies, MoonCanvas: in order to work, they have to be completely searchable and accessible to the general public so that everyone knows about them.

Oh, wait...that's not right...oh, well. MoonCanvas says it's a conspiracy so it must be right.
Pages: first 123 next last