COMPOSER SEEKING PROJECTS

Pages: 1
Hello everyone!

I'm a young composer, studying composition,violin etc in Stuttgart in Germany. I am a also big player :) That's why I would like to connect both sides and working on your game if I can! If you're interesting you can write me an email or a private message and tell me your project. I've seeking for experience so itwill be for free :)

My soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/philippegreban

Please don't hesitate!

Have a nice day!
Happy
Devil's in the details
Hey, if you're interested, you could check out our community's video game music event: http://rpgmaker.net/events/sos/

There will be various challenges to create music for, helping you to create portfolio and gain visibility.
Hey, first of all, that demo on your soundcloud sounds awesome.
If you're still looking for an unpaid job, I am currently working on a project called Shadows of Tirelon, a fantasy RPG about a kid who loses his memory and tries to regain them throughout the game, and I'm kind of looking for someone who could make music for it.
Sadly, I don't really have a budget for the game, so I can't offer any compensation =/
If you're interested, I'd love to tell you more about it via PM.
Thank you very and bravo for your game!

Let's go to the PM ;)
Holy god. After listening to what you've posted, I can't believe that you're offering your services for free.

Someone snatch this guy up!
Thank you very much it's very touching.

I can easily explain :)

First, I'm student in a Highschool for music and the composition is one of my activites. I also study violin with auditions, competitions etc. For now it'snota real job.
Then, now what I need is experience. For me, I'm far away from a professionnal composer. I need to work on games and write pieces (to death! lol). If I can help some talented guys without budget it's good. What I like with video game for than with film for exemple is the direct collaboration with the others teammates. Everything is connected.

But thank you all! I've received many messages and I didn't think that my work could be liked :)
You really are willing to work for free?
I am planning my next game. I might be interested. We do not really have the budget to hire someone to compose a song just for our games (we usually get by with commercial ones). But if you can help giving our game a little personality, I can high light your work and help you raise your fame in our game and you tubes. I think, for a starter, that is more important than anything else.

But what are your specialties or most interested types of music? In a game, there are emotional moments as well as exciting battles. It's rare to be good at everything.
Is it so suprising? Yes I want to work for free for now :) But if you want to pay me no problem^^

You can check my soundcloud I add everyday music from my projects. I'm quite open about the games and I can deal with different atmosphere when the game inspires me :)

So write a PM don't hesitate

See you
I'm currently working on something else but my next game is horror themed and your music would be perfect for it.please feel free to PM me for the details if you're intrested.
Hi,

Thank you for your interest.

I'm always interested. I had a lot of projects demands and it's great so I have to plan a little bit! But contact me again when it's started.
author=samji
You really are willing to work for free?
I am planning my next game. I might be interested. We do not really have the budget to hire someone to compose a song just for our games (we usually get by with commercial ones). But if you can help giving our game a little personality, I can high light your work and help you raise your fame in our game and you tubes. I think, for a starter, that is more important than anything else.

But what are your specialties or most interested types of music? In a game, there are emotional moments as well as exciting battles. It's rare to be good at everything.

author=Bart_Sol
Hey, first of all, that demo on your soundcloud sounds awesome.
If you're still looking for an unpaid job, I am currently working on a project called Shadows of Tirelon, a fantasy RPG about a kid who loses his memory and tries to regain them throughout the game, and I'm kind of looking for someone who could make music for it.
Sadly, I don't really have a budget for the game, so I can't offer any compensation =/
If you're interested, I'd love to tell you more about it via PM.

If your games do well, as a compensation for not actually paying him you could allow him the ability to sell the pieces he writes as part of the Soundtrack for 100% share - or if he were to say write your entire soundtrack, let him independently sell the Soundtrack! :)

I see a lot of composers working for free on the basis of 100% royalties from soundtrack sales of the final product - and personally it's my preferred manner of working too!
Exactly what I was going to propose, Dysergy.

I don't think composers are going to earn much from RPG maker developers. We can't even make enough to pay for all the expenses. They will sell their soundtracks well if they get popular.

Is that how you would like it, too? Philippe?
Hello,

I didn't think about this. I've received many messages from different forums saying that I was stupid to work for free. For many people mymusic deserves to be paid for. I think the 100% royalties is a good Idea but I'm not famous so it will be hard to sell a soundtrack!

What I can do is to purpose good rates for indie developpers. For exemple 20 dollars for a minute or 25/30 for a song. It's less than most of the composers.

What do you think?
Then we own the rights to your songs?
So if we collect your songs and sell them as an album later on, the profit will be ours?
Or would you rather that we get them for free now and help you advertise your music as a game/music combination, and sell them yourself when you collect enough of them?
Ask around and think hard about it, Philippe. I don't want to take advantage of you. I'll discuss with other developers, too.
I think thzt when it's the first gameof a studio it"s better for the composer to be paid and let the rights.

If the sutio orthe people is well known then we can discuss about my rights on soundtrack. I won't sell a lot of soundtracks if the game isn't well known.
Hi there Philippe,

I am new to RPG Maker and the like, but I was thinking about making a music based RPG, and if you were interested I would love to collaborate and have your music help influence the game design!

I listened to the stuff you have on soundcloud and I think you have amazing talent! If you are at all interested in working together or simply contributing a piece of music or anything please let me know!

Thanks,
Austin
Pages: 1