FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I'm at the same for all of those except BStrike and my non-existant Mental BD. I'm just now doing the FF5 event so I can use the last few days of Festive Fantasy/Sundaily on Faris, though, so it'll be a while before I can try it.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Switched my RW to Sazh for that Guardian Tree battle, so, godspeed! I'm done with this event, I think.
Craze
well, faris is 60, lenna is 64, bartz/giggles are 55. krile is even 50. galuf is 44 and i don't have weapons for him so suck it, galuf. I have lulu and her firaga fury SB to use instead of Krile if I'm dying for a sick black mage against exdeath anyway. not sure if i'm gonna even bother doing ultimate exdeath, but jude's capabilities are close to mine so I guess i could try.
Hilariously, I accidentally equipped Yuna with Mana Spring 2 and ran out of Quetzalcoatl charges really quickly during the boss rush.

Rotating Sleeping Gas RW in again. Magus Sisters are easy enough but are s complete pushover if asleep. Friend ID is still GDeN.

Sort of dreading Yunalesca.

And you should do Ultimate Exdeath. He's easier than some of the 135+ elites we've been getting lately. He also awards a sick mage relic, that's especially cute on a taunting Golbez.

Nevermind. Yunalesca was a weenie. Used standard Draw Fire/Retaliate/Advance setup to avoid Osmose problems altogether.

I haven't made time to catch up on the last batch of elite dungeons--though I did clear out the FF9 ones. Hopefully between those and the most recent batch I'll be able to get my mythril high enough to pull twice on FF4. Right now I have 71 mythril. I haven't gone through and checked how much mythril the dungeons get me.

If I don't make time to do them or if I can't conjure up enough, I'll only be pulling on the first banner since it hits my weak areas best. I'm already a proud owner of Dark Sword, a product of my very first 5-mythril pull ever, when I had no idea how anything in the game worked, which kept Cecil in my front lines for a very long time. Also got a Genji Shield which is another item for a front-liner. I need mage weapons specifically. Less so in general since Lullaby Rod and Thyrus are tremendously good sage weapons, but specifically I need FF4 mage weapons since that game is loaded with wizards. And getting something like Rosa's bow would be dope, since I could use it on Hair Metal Cecil or Edward or an assortment of other bow users.

God damn do I want to pull on that second banner, though. Cecil, Kane, and Golbez are like the three dopest dudes in the entire Final Fantasy franchise. But last time I went berserk on FF4 I only came out with an FF6 Golden Shield and a dozen FF1 Defender swords for my 150 mythril.
Craze
i hate the ff6 golden shield with all my heart

i missed ultimate exdeath today because of work, whoops. cursed ring was nice but i'll live. i champion'd melusine right before the stage left, though.

i am REALLLLLY behind on dungeons. I think I'm still on DU10 or 11 or so. I have 112 stamina. =| at least that means oodles of mythril, but not today since it's tuesday and tuesday means orb farming.

edit: i used your boon deltree so that i could put Sleep on lenna for that stupid medal requirement, so thanks RNG for letting me give you, specifically, 200 gil
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Noice! I haven't started the challenges yet or played much at all, really. I have been distracted by that new Star Wars mobile game, to be honest. It's not bad!

I did get Rikku's weapon for my dollar pull. I don't actually intend to use her, but it was a nicer letdown than usual.
author=Craze
i missed ultimate exdeath today because of work, whoops. cursed ring was nice but i'll live.

Dude, you have like a week to do these events.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
To be fair there were three events at once for most of the FF5 event.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I am now at the point where 3* items are cluttering up my entire inventory. I don't want to spend my mythril on anything but 50 pulls, but I also don't want to get rid of any equipment that might outclass my 5* equipment in case of synergy. What do I do?
Craze
Jude
Craze
i missed ultimate exdeath today because of work, whoops. cursed ring was nice but i'll live.
Dude, you have like a week to do these events.

festive fantasy ;V

Jeroen_Sol
I am now at the point where 3* items are cluttering up my entire inventory. I don't want to spend my mythril on anything but 50 pulls, but I also don't want to get rid of any equipment that might outclass my 5* equipment in case of synergy. What do I do?

If you already have a 5* Katana, Whip, or other rare item for the realm, you don't need a 3*++ version. I'd try to keep 2 of the most useful items like Daggers and Light Armors. Maybe even 3 Swords, because they're the best weapon type overall.

So if you have a 5* and two 3*++ Rods for a realm, get rid of one of the 3*++ ones. Two Rods will probably still get use. But, like, if you have multiple Fists? Just keep the best one.

Some important weapon types are rare for certain realms and I'd hold onto even 2*++ until you have 2 better items, however. Rods/Staves in FF7, for example -- that 2*++ Mythril Staff or w/e it's called is almost as good as my 5* Wyrmfang and Holy Staff with synergy.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Ah yes, of course. That should allow me to at least postpone my inventory troubles for two more pulls or something.

Also, if I had known these elite realm dungeons give so many greater orbs I'd have done them a long time ago.
Just expand your inventory. Your need to do so is inevitable and you are full right now anyway.
Bah. 4-star Mesmerize Blade (FF8) and ten 3-star items. I need 14 mythril to pull again, and since this event should provide 10 by itself then it's going to happen. Or do I save for FF9, which is still ugly bad?

Fuck it. I bought a 3000 gem pack because I'm an annoyed sucker. Got two Black Gelt Gi and the Elven Bow. I feel like an asshole.
Craze
i spent 100 gems and 5 myth in an extremely tame attempt to get a Murasama (solely for the Rubicante fight lol) or Elven Bow (Pecil's best friend). Got a 4* FF1 Sword (hooray! Good for the classic elites I haven't done yet!) and I already forgot the 3*.

don't be like me with y'sh and ashe where i spent every mythril i could make on their banners (and 3k gems for each). =\ i'm at ...67? mythril now, probably will have 100 by the time Lightning strikes again ~~~

"but craze you have absolutely no need for more ff13 synergy" "go screw yourself"
How sad is it that I know what FF1 sword you got? I get that damn Defender all of the time. Well, I guess I'm no longer a free player. At least I got good items. Instead of feeling like an asshole I'd probably feel outright ill if I got a bunch of 3-stars again, for wasting money on such a silly thing.

Got Rosa. How obvious is it that she is just Celes with different hair?

Edge seems pretty cool, but I don't have an FF4 weapon for him at all, so I'll try him out later in FF5, FF8, or FF12 where I have daggers he can use.

I think my plan for Rubicante is to run a bunch of mages and Bartz. I sort of want to give Kain my Dark Sword to try out Ice Jump, but then I have to figure out another way to steal Rubi out of his cape stance. I am thinking I'll keep my second Ice Rod, even though I'll only be able to combine it to 3+ that puts it on parity with my Lilith Rod anyway. That way Golbez can drop some Blizzaja and Lure Magic. My Shiva is R5 so that's what Rydia or Yuna will do, with either Blizzaga or a cure spell or something depending on how much damage Rubi can deal. I'll bring Rosa just to use the limit break I've got for her along with Magic Breakdown, and then probably Tellah with Waterja and Shellga or something. That sounds like my plan so far. I've got some decent Fire-resist gear, actually, including Ice Armor for Golbez, Dragon Gloves, and also some fire resist accessory I always forget I've got. I have some other armor but the resist is so low I doubt it's worth the trade.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Rosa looks odd. All the other FF5 and FF4 characters, they redid the bodies to match the FF6 style, but left the original heads. Rosa they changed her head. Weird.

Rosa, Zell and Tidus are the only characters who look wrong to me. Most of the sprites in this game, including enemies, are fantastic.
Jeroen_Sol
I liked the part 1/part 2 format of the ffv event. I'm a bit sad they went back to classic/elite for ffx and ffiv.
LockeZ
I like the normal type of event that 90% of events are, it really is the best type, but I do wish there were more variety. What happened to collection events? The last one was Lenna's character event, before memory crystals even existed.
Jeroen_Sol
Okay, Golbez being able to use Binding Cold while his dragon is Black Fanging everybody is the cheapest of the bullshit I've seen in this game so far. Jesus.

I know he did that in FFIV as well, but there it's more like a cutscene, and it doesn't happen when the dragon is at 5% HP and you're about to kill it.

Edit: Now my frustration has cooled off a bit, I'm guessing it's a punishment for taking too long on the battle or something, and it's fine, but a dragon that ignores buffs and just oneshots everybody is still pretty stupid, even if he doesn't use it very often. I wonder who thought that was a good idea in the original FFIV. It's especially dumb when you revive a character to 500 hp, only to have them receive a 900 damage regular attack and die again.

What also happened is that in the Calcabrina fight, damage variation left one Calco at like 50 HP when I killed all the others with Ruinga, leading to it turning into Calcabrina and me having to do that shit all over again, because he splits back into all 6 dolls again when he dies. Fun times were had. -.-
I think that Black Fang might be physical and can be avoided altogether with Gilgamesh or Tyro via Draw Fire/Retaliate. I haven't tried, though. I just accepted that there were 3 medals I couldn't get because somebody will get KO'd. Unfortunately Rosa's crossbow might bring them back to life, but it still counts as a KO for that medal objective.

Anyway, I am caught up on dungeons again. I have over fifty mythril--barely--that I am going to foolishly blow on Cecil and Golbez. I guess that means I have to do daily dungeons. Last time I cleared all of the elite dungeons we got showered with orb dungeons and Omega so I had things to do.

Eh... Maybe not. FF9 event is sooner than I thought and I really need those items.