15 YEARS ON... >_<;

Pages: first 123 next last
Geeze, I can't believe you guys are still running this site..

I'm one of the original 4 amigos who co-founded the original site way back when.. Linguar, Kindred, Rast, and I all came to the conclusion that it would be better to work together, rather than separate.. And thus, rpgmaker.net was born. But that was an age ago and now the torch has been passed on and the community is full of the next generation of game makers.

So what happens in 15 years to an old rpgmaker.nettian?

I finished my degree, moved out of home, and got a job. Which moved to another job. And another, and now I'm on my 5th.. All in IT, and all in companies that make this, this, and this. I've programmed, done desktop support, sysadmin, network architecture, managed IT in a small 10 person site, and managed IT across 4000 users between Dubai and Sydney. Just today I rebooted someones desk phone and then went back to designing the IT environment for a new factory that we are building in Melbourne.

I got given a shitty car but my brother crashed it, so bought another shitbox, then one of these babies.. But then moved to this lol.. And another 2 since then (neither of which is turbocharged or pink).

I have traveled the world (primarily for my job).. Well mostly, Europe is notably absent, but that is because Asia was my stomping ground and the corporate head offices were in the USA. Seen slums in India, experienced Ramadan in Dubai and Chinese New Year in Singapore & Malaysia, experienced the rampant growth and development in China, and been accosted by beggars in Thailand.

I've had god knows how many computers.. My first watercooled beast involved a hydroponics pump and an open bucket of water... But my latest one is so uber that my wife wanted one - just smaller.. And let's just say it's not easy to fit 2 radiators, a watercooled GPU, 1 hard disk, 2 ssd's, a reservoir with separate pump, fan control, and lighting in a bitfenix prodigy mini-itx case.

I fell in love, got married, and had a few kids. 2 to be precise, and damn me if I can't get turn them from mummy's iPad onto a something more appropriate - like my 3ds. We moved from a shared rental apartment (we had one room), to a single bedroom rental apartment, then bought a 2 bedroom apartment, and how have a house with a back yard.

I still play RPG's, having just finished Witcher 3. The wife is very understanding of this - but then again she plays WoW and is in her realm's 2nd top raiding guild. I need to think of the next game to play... Maybe try and finish off Dishonored.

RPG Studio never got finished :( Like many other old folk, life got in the way and priorities change. A few times I've thought about kicking it off again.. But alas, there is only 24 hours in the day, and I use about 25 of them.

They say that the days are long but the years are short. And damn me, that is true. The moral of the story, therefore, is that 15 years might seem like an age, but it's not. Enjoy everything you have now because before you know it, you will have moved on to the next thing and will rarely get the chance to look back.

Let's see what the next 15 bring!
unity
You're magical to me.
Very well said! It's nice to hear the story of one of the founding members of the site!

I wonder where I'll be in 15 years...
They all come back in the end.
Right? You can never leave~ RMN is the Hotel California of RPG Maker sites. ^.^

Welcome back! Hope you like what you see of how the site has changed over the years.
Welcome to RMN!

and no, you can't have the site back. I'm keeping it.
Welcome back!
Life goes on. Seems like you created a good going for yourself
Whoah, it's an honor! (What happened to the other 3 founders? xD)

Welcome back! *^_~
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Wait, didn't we just have an 8th birthday event? How did we miss the other seven years?
Wow, this is something special. I'll admit, I always forget that there was an era before WIP, in the primordial days of RMN's creation. Interesting stuff.

Welcome back.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=nhubi
Wait, didn't we just have an 8th birthday event? How did we miss the other seven years?

There was a continuity reboot.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Always interesting to see some old peeps from way back in the day pop on in and make themselves known again (hope I didnt randomly scare off linguar with my post on his intro topic XD). I guess a "welcome to the RMN of now" would be appropriate?

author=unity
Very well said! It's nice to hear the story of one of the founding members of the site!

I wonder where I'll be in 15 years...

Making games still I hope! :D

author=Liberty
Right? You can never leave~ RMN is the Hotel California of RPG Maker sites. ^.^

This rings so true to me it's probably not even funny.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Shinan
They all come back in the end.

Couldn't be more true.

Welcome back, Sir!
author=nhubi

Someone hasn't read the About Us in the footer~ Tut tut.
i've seen things you people wouldn't even believe
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
You founded the site and didn't even get any Makerscore? Psh.
author=Blindmind
What happened to the other 3 founders?

I stay in touch with Kindred and Linguar. Kindred has a young family like me, and Linguar and his partner have recently finished renovating a bathroom in their house. I have no idea what happened to Rast, after leaving rm.net, we lost contact. Rumour has it that he joined the US Navy.

author=kentona
and no, you can't have the site back. I'm keeping it.

Lol, good luck. I still have the password to the Raq2 server... oh wait.. efront "stole" that from us back in the day..
Oh, RMN history is always fun. It's nice to meet a part of it~
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
15 years ago, Adon wasn't even born. Welcome back!
Pages: first 123 next last