THE RMN SKILL EXCHANGE

author=Red_Nova
So is this a thing that's happening? Let me know so I can put you on the other list.

the13thsecret, you're on the list. That's quite the resume! Hope you find someone fast.

ESBY is currently busy but one of us will post on this thread again if/when the exchange occurs.
Great idea, I'd love to try this out.

I'm offering-
= Non- Animated Title Screen - I know some photo-shop and graphic design principle
= Playtest with notes/ critique. I get very detail-oriented. Here are my notes from playing 'Claire' for one hour;
Claire Notes- 1 hour

Distance and directional volume (train tunnel) makes monsters feel closer, objects tangible
Screen light as distance to light source, overdone for effect (stand in corner)
Red glowing, blurred exit sign adds to suspicion
Clearly marked exit area and path leading to makes you wonder if you can go too far off track, "break the game", so returns to goal. Greater immersion.
Boundary found, breaks immersion. Try calling user's curiosity, making nothing to find, don't leave negative expectation space.
"School starts", "someone in there" are unobtrusive "reminders" that it is night, normal. Allow re-interpretation later on, (so that's what you meant), for twists
Monster twitches head back in forth, inherently unnatural,
Changes are drastic and without much introduction/ hullabaloo,
surreal, people move on quickly without drawn out narrative
Watch for any broken commands, misinform player and immersion plummets, never leave player asking (unless intended); great, what do I do now?
Focuses on sound effect as much as art, create sensation of distance
Wait animation for not moving is little thing, use similar tactics but not wait, player will move.
Health and mentality not meters but animations (speed, etc) less clear but known
Flashlight mouse controlled (slowly reveal mechanics) for greater realism, lighting effect changes drastically.
Huge battery usage, can't lethargically wait with flashlight on.
Scattered notes in series, location and chronological base, make author clear
No immediate purpose for butterflies, make story relevant but also logical (why am I collecting these.) make sure it's more than all for one collect bonus, specific things.
Time only slightly off from original, three minutes, better than 3:33
Butterfly to save option makes sense for survival horror, must carefully plan your saves, no unlimited security beacons
Dog scares off beasts but makes you fear for when dog is not there
Somebody symbol on map, questioning whether it means there are humans, or twitchers
Make character skills work with character, reveal details (lock pick) in realistic
Suddenly enemy doesn't dissipate. Doesn't damage, but earlier reveals sanity cond.
Enemies can break through doors with time, hesitate. Didn't see that coming.
Enemies come with map open, must figure quick
Hard candy means immune to panic, clearly joke so it fits
Analog and digital clock, player must connect the two but not too hard
Properly timed sound effect will convince player to leave room, subtle
Set monster where you don't expect them to be (you're back?!)
Battery level affects flashlight brightness
Cave paintings mixed with childish chalk drawings.connection?
Move to new area through memory which takes place in same building, presumably char has worked way into part two by now
Come play with us said by malicious laughing shadow children? Give me a break.
Dog stuffed animal foreshadows nicely
Encroaching shadow screen gives you little hints as to its source, it's everywhere
Runs past mister, randomly pushing doors, and finds self back there, no portal. Only checks map later (how did I get here?)
Mop up blocked door confusion (if part of game, tell player somehow)
On new area chased by demon, no time to be familiar, haphazard room reveal, run till the music stops
Uses blood and ink like shadows like motifs, everywhere
Girl not marked as person, purposely? Can't trust your map anymore (interesting)

Part 2:

Out of breath quickly, must time runs strategically, dash past monsters, no avoid
Really captures dynamic of panic-stricken fleeing, random doors sometimes blocked, but when they are it's not auto game over. Death comes in degrees.
Utilize blocked passages to make twisted pathways through small area.
Rewind save music, to recount adventures and fits with theme of past
Mechanics; monster avoid, health, item scavenging, fetch puzzles
Max cell battery comes from clearly marked sunshine cola machine, irony
Recurring phone call motif
Dog companion not oh so effective, unique style though, warns you, sets up expectation (for me) that you're doomed when he's gone.
Actually, lots of doors, small straight corridors but lots of empty rooms
Glitchy, but it could qualify as a theme by now
Overcomes the teddy bear horror trope with constant exposure/foreshadow, but BG
Highlighting hiding places creates expectation of encounter, but hardly used
Let's you explore all possible routes only to find they're blocked off.
See a bunch of elements and an option to activate, flip, and Intuitively its a puzzle
Whole level so far is on ground floor, abnormally large
Red candles everywhere, probably just for mood/theme
Button prompt in elevator stops frustration at death, player understands something could've been done.
Confusing navigation makes game more distressing, sense of lost, mistrust
Doest concern itself with realistic health effects/ items, just functional, sanity unnecessary
Seeing normal (if unaware, forgetful) people is very unnerving, still mostly human, but for all intensive purposes a ghost in communication
Try adding a mock save point that says (save has failed), freak player out
Many functionless rooms, help for scavenging effect
Who the hell is going to write on the wall? Funny seeing that play out. Not in Niel.
Mind state mirrors player mood fairly well, best for immersion.
Use logic to determine location of person (need map refresh, Lot of bugs for finished game...)
Should'a given the hard candy, but needed it to survive.

Part 3-
Can tell about character from when their sanity plummets, like when outside mom's door
Shots walks in, says what you would've, but you're the spectator, out of body
Love how they portrayed the development
Annoying static vs can be switched off, along with note to "stop leaving tv on"
Going back to square one with character skills, lighting, is always viable option
= Some character work/ writing
= Battle system/ mechanics help- help getting mechanics in line with story, ideas for new mechanics.
= Poetry- because I'm sure everyone wants this.

Not sure what I want in return- to start, maybe some mapping or critique of my game concept.

I can offer full character designs, in exchange for an animated battler in short I need a pixel artist :D
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Cool. I've added you two in.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Novalux
Great idea, I'd love to try this out.

I'm offering-
= Non- Animated Title Screen - I know some photo-shop and graphic design principle
= Playtest with notes/ critique. I get very detail-oriented. Here are my notes from playing 'Claire' for one hour;
Claire Notes- 1 hour

Distance and directional volume (train tunnel) makes monsters feel closer, objects tangible
Screen light as distance to light source, overdone for effect (stand in corner)
Red glowing, blurred exit sign adds to suspicion
Clearly marked exit area and path leading to makes you wonder if you can go too far off track, "break the game", so returns to goal. Greater immersion.
Boundary found, breaks immersion. Try calling user's curiosity, making nothing to find, don't leave negative expectation space.
"School starts", "someone in there" are unobtrusive "reminders" that it is night, normal. Allow re-interpretation later on, (so that's what you meant), for twists
Monster twitches head back in forth, inherently unnatural,
Changes are drastic and without much introduction/ hullabaloo,
surreal, people move on quickly without drawn out narrative
Watch for any broken commands, misinform player and immersion plummets, never leave player asking (unless intended); great, what do I do now?
Focuses on sound effect as much as art, create sensation of distance
Wait animation for not moving is little thing, use similar tactics but not wait, player will move.
Health and mentality not meters but animations (speed, etc) less clear but known
Flashlight mouse controlled (slowly reveal mechanics) for greater realism, lighting effect changes drastically.
Huge battery usage, can't lethargically wait with flashlight on.
Scattered notes in series, location and chronological base, make author clear
No immediate purpose for butterflies, make story relevant but also logical (why am I collecting these.) make sure it's more than all for one collect bonus, specific things.
Time only slightly off from original, three minutes, better than 3:33
Butterfly to save option makes sense for survival horror, must carefully plan your saves, no unlimited security beacons
Dog scares off beasts but makes you fear for when dog is not there
Somebody symbol on map, questioning whether it means there are humans, or twitchers
Make character skills work with character, reveal details (lock pick) in realistic
Suddenly enemy doesn't dissipate. Doesn't damage, but earlier reveals sanity cond.
Enemies can break through doors with time, hesitate. Didn't see that coming.
Enemies come with map open, must figure quick
Hard candy means immune to panic, clearly joke so it fits
Analog and digital clock, player must connect the two but not too hard
Properly timed sound effect will convince player to leave room, subtle
Set monster where you don't expect them to be (you're back?!)
Battery level affects flashlight brightness
Cave paintings mixed with childish chalk drawings.connection?
Move to new area through memory which takes place in same building, presumably char has worked way into part two by now
Come play with us said by malicious laughing shadow children? Give me a break.
Dog stuffed animal foreshadows nicely
Encroaching shadow screen gives you little hints as to its source, it's everywhere
Runs past mister, randomly pushing doors, and finds self back there, no portal. Only checks map later (how did I get here?)
Mop up blocked door confusion (if part of game, tell player somehow)
On new area chased by demon, no time to be familiar, haphazard room reveal, run till the music stops
Uses blood and ink like shadows like motifs, everywhere
Girl not marked as person, purposely? Can't trust your map anymore (interesting)

Part 2:

Out of breath quickly, must time runs strategically, dash past monsters, no avoid
Really captures dynamic of panic-stricken fleeing, random doors sometimes blocked, but when they are it's not auto game over. Death comes in degrees.
Utilize blocked passages to make twisted pathways through small area.
Rewind save music, to recount adventures and fits with theme of past
Mechanics; monster avoid, health, item scavenging, fetch puzzles
Max cell battery comes from clearly marked sunshine cola machine, irony
Recurring phone call motif
Dog companion not oh so effective, unique style though, warns you, sets up expectation (for me) that you're doomed when he's gone.
Actually, lots of doors, small straight corridors but lots of empty rooms
Glitchy, but it could qualify as a theme by now
Overcomes the teddy bear horror trope with constant exposure/foreshadow, but BG
Highlighting hiding places creates expectation of encounter, but hardly used
Let's you explore all possible routes only to find they're blocked off.
See a bunch of elements and an option to activate, flip, and Intuitively its a puzzle
Whole level so far is on ground floor, abnormally large
Red candles everywhere, probably just for mood/theme
Button prompt in elevator stops frustration at death, player understands something could've been done.
Confusing navigation makes game more distressing, sense of lost, mistrust
Doest concern itself with realistic health effects/ items, just functional, sanity unnecessary
Seeing normal (if unaware, forgetful) people is very unnerving, still mostly human, but for all intensive purposes a ghost in communication
Try adding a mock save point that says (save has failed), freak player out
Many functionless rooms, help for scavenging effect
Who the hell is going to write on the wall? Funny seeing that play out. Not in Niel.
Mind state mirrors player mood fairly well, best for immersion.
Use logic to determine location of person (need map refresh, Lot of bugs for finished game...)
Should'a given the hard candy, but needed it to survive.

Part 3-
Can tell about character from when their sanity plummets, like when outside mom's door
Shots walks in, says what you would've, but you're the spectator, out of body
Love how they portrayed the development
Annoying static vs can be switched off, along with note to "stop leaving tv on"
Going back to square one with character skills, lighting, is always viable option
= Some character work/ writing
= Battle system/ mechanics help- help getting mechanics in line with story, ideas for new mechanics.
= Poetry- because I'm sure everyone wants this.

Not sure what I want in return- to start, maybe some mapping or critique of my game concept.

I'm always up for some mapping for critique, if you wanna exchange.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I don't know why I didn't sign up for this a long time ago already. Let me fix that.

I like to do complex eventing and to create puzzles, minigames or other event-based mechanics. I'm also a very thorough tester, although I tend to be a little picky regarding which games I want to test. The engine I know best is RPG Maker XP, but I can also work with VX Ace and 2k3.

I'm not really looking for anything specific myself right this moment - but in general, art or scripting are definitely things I can't do on my own. Help with balancing and feedback on ideas for gameplay mechanics I am thinking about using would also be greatly appreciated.
Just for anyone who needs a writer or mapping, I'm fairly well at making maps, but can also write up a story or a small summary of the game's story for basics.

For those who are lost (not being rude here): I'm good at writing and mapping and am willing to help at anytime.
I can offer composing music
Im asking nothing in return I simply need my first "Gig" so i can have a portfolio instead of one song to show off.
sinn
the original sinn
How do i put myself ahead?

I am an artist and i am looking for a story writing (dialogue/script),and characterization.
I can offer character designs, 2d animation, and some background painting.

my stuff is in
alexandersinnelius.deviantart.com
alexander-sinnelius.tumblr.com

Contactable through notes but preferably ready with skype.
My priority would be your projects first since mine may require long term commitment and iterations...
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Cool! Nice to see people are still interested in this.

Seeing as the list is rather old, I wonder how many people are still interested in an exchange? If anyone wants to be taken off the list, please specify. Otherwise, you will remain on the list.
Is this still open and in use?

I am a musician and would like to offer a few compositions. I do mostly metal, prog and funk, but I can do you jazz and classical-ish if you want it. Mostly I am looking to grow my 'portfolio' and this seems like a good way.

In exchange, I would like a few character portraits. Ideally not of the cartoony, anime/manga-ish variety, since this is not the style I am going for.

Here are a few samples of my rough work here:
Your text to link here...

Red_Nova
It's certainly still open if anyone wants to make use of it. There are a couple of people signed up offering art, why not try sending them a PM to try and get something going?
Hello!

I can offer character concept sketches, develop charsets and music.

for now I have nothing to ask in exchange.

here are some samples of my current project:

links to my art and music

https://www.instagram.com/thiago.campagnani/

https://soundcloud.com/datajackmusic

thanks!
Red_Nova
Cool! You're on the list!
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
Horror character designs is something I can do. I specialize in these categories:

Ghosts
Demons
Spirits
Underworld
Vampires
Possessed

I'm sure you get the general jist of it. My portfolio is, well... my only game on RMN~
Red_Nova
Is there anything in particular you're looking for in return?
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
author=Red_Nova
Is there anything in particular you're looking for in return?

I can't think of anything I would want(or rather need) in return, so, for now, I don't need anything in return~
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Red_Nova
Seeing as the list is rather old, I wonder how many people are still interested in an exchange? If anyone wants to be taken off the list, please specify. Otherwise, you will remain on the list.

After some deliberation, I think I can be taken off this list. I'm still leaving my name up in the dev tool thread, as that has kept be busy enough!
Red_Nova
No problem. You're off the list. Good luck on the Dev Tool thread!
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Artiste & Pixel Artiste. I'm looking to trade for music.