[RM2K3] BIG LIST OF PLUGINS/IPS (STICKY THIS PLEASE)

Pages: first prev 12 last
JosephSeraph
奇跡なゲイパワー♡
you do realize that long, long before Dynrpg there still existed a sea of rm2k3 patches, right?
author=JosephSeraph
you do realize that long, long before Dynrpg there still existed a sea of rm2k3 patches, right?
yes but you write plugins and only dynrpg uses plugins!
Edit your post with patches.
Edit:
I notice now you did it XD
Nevermind! you know Bingshan? he made a new patch for the official version, take a look here https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24260/
JosephSeraph
奇跡なゲイパワー♡
It's alright~ glad it got cleared up. I follow them on twitter! That's a cool patch. I'm mainly hyped about direct menu access and blend modes. Specially blend modes. I think that's one of the biggest drawbacks of rm2k3, visually...

I'm not very sure how to apply that patch though! And except for the blend mode function, I'm not sure i have an immediate use for most of these functions. So I kind of am passing for now. Still hoping for an updated version of the no auto battles patch though, since with pics in battle and extended picture function it becomes SO powerful.

edit: a very simple, but already powerful example: overlapping an icon based state display on top of the regular status display on mode 2 (or forcing it on top of the facesets on mode 3) via pictures, so you can display multiple states at once.
If code about auto battle segment no change between 1.08 and 1.12 you always open patched version and unpatched version of 1.08 rpg_rt in hex editor, compare this and if a little of bajts is change you maybe move this to 1.12 rpg_rt. I used to in this method move some patch "only RM2k" to RM2k3...
JosephSeraph
奇跡なゲイパワー♡
Yep! I figured this out! Generated a patch with Lunar_IPS, but 2k3 does crash on this method, which indicates maybe the code was changed indeed, however small...

It'd be awesome if you listed the patches you made work that way, however! :D

I tried with both the auto-battle patch and the direct menu patch, neither seemed to work. The latter didn't crash, however
This is bad way, no Lunar IPS, you must really open two different version (patched and undpatched) in hexeditor, find changed bytes (by for example "compare" function) and find (and pray that this was this same) this same bytes in new version. If this is the same like the oldest version you can manualy change every bytes and write bytes from patched version of rpg_rt...

Lunar IPS not work because bytes adress is always different between the various version.
HPA patches are probably fine. Font Patches are fine. Splashscreen stuff is fine as long as you leave the Kadokawa one. DynRpg is mainly unworkable just because something in the code is different value from 1.08 and so it's kind of a mismatch. And I would recommend making a backup before you start patching and save it elsewhere.

...Nvm, didn't see the page 2.

Pages: first prev 12 last