QUICK TIME EVENTS INSTEAD OF BATTLES

Pages: 1
Hello again, all. I'm making a zombie battle game- one of three projects because I get boooreeddd- and was wondering if there was a way, other than pictures, timers, and events, to create a QTE. Reason why is, I could have the characters duke it out with a zombie hoard, but I think it could be a bit more realistic- due to the zombies having to punch you as their attack turn, because if they bite you, you're dead- and much cooler to simply give a quick, "Press X" or, "Move Right" to attack and avoid the shambling beasts. Is this possible? I know I saw something similar in a battle script once, where you did a QTE to activate skills.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
You may need something like Yanfly's Button Common Events:

https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/field-scripts/button-common-events/

Would need something else to combine with it.
I think eventing the rest out might be easier than finding other scripts.

Edit:

Conditional branches would likely be the key.

1) You show picture

2) Player can press button at any time, but it will only do something when picture is on the screen.

3) When player pushes button this happens, or if picture goes away before... this happens.
No timer needed, just wait a certain number of frames.

In theory it looks like it might work.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Just made a DDR/Threatrhythm game about zombie battles
author=kory_toombs
Conditional branches would likely be the key.

1) You show picture

2) Player can press button at any time, but it will only do something when picture is on the screen.

3) When player pushes button this happens, or if picture goes away before... this happens.
No timer needed, just wait a certain number of frames.

In theory it looks like it might work.

Alright, then. Sounds like the best approach.
author=Craze
Just made a DDR/Threatrhythm game about zombie battles

Interesting mix, there.
Pages: 1