HURRICANE IKE

Pages: first 12 next last
idk where ya'll live, but I'm in Houston, so Ike's coming liek right at me ._.
We just finished boarding up teh windows and pulling all teh loose stuff into our shed. =(
And if I may twist an old phrase: I DON'T like Ike :P
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I'm in Northern California and currently waiting for the big earthquake. Never been throw a hurricane in my life, but I always thought it was fun, but if I was someone living down South, I'd probably change my mind pretty quickly!
lol It's fun right up till the winds start sending things flying around, y'know? I love the heavy rain tho - it's calming to hear and watch ^_^

I hope you're ok for teh earthquake tho Drumsticks =(
YDS
Who knows when it will happen. Maybe tomorrow, or a hundred years after today. A big one that destroys are terrible levies would probably mean the end of this area since its in the middle of a valley that's under sea level. And its not as if we live near an ocean to empty out the water either. >_>
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Reports say the Cubans got no Sympathy from the storm... and neither will we. Prepare yourself!
Our gas prices up here in Canada are getting jacked cause of the stupid hurricane. It sucks right bad.
Good luck over there, folks.

I live in NY. We just get lots of snow!
I wish we got snow. It only snows once every 2-3 years, but it's awesome when it does ^^
I should snow here for the first time sometime in the next 4 weeks.
author=YummyDrumsticks link=topic=1913.msg31129#msg31129 date=1221247010
I'm in Northern California and currently waiting for the big earthquake. Never been throw a hurricane in my life, but I always thought it was fun, but if I was someone living down South, I'd probably change my mind pretty quickly!

Same here.
author=ImmortalDreamer link=topic=1913.msg31145#msg31145 date=1221253232
Our gas prices up here in Canada are getting jacked cause of the stupid hurricane. It sucks right bad.

in SC this morining gas was 3.83 and at 3 o clock it was 4.05. aint that some bs
YDS
Pft. Its up to 4.90 in CA a few weeks ago. Though it went down a bit again ... I wonder what its like now.
What, is the hurricane gas powered or what?

I live in Minnesota so we just get ridiculous blizzards and shit.
Man am I thankful to live in Maryland now... all we got was a day of rain and 20 minutes of no power from Hannah, and Ike is not gonna hit us..

Good luck to all of you down in Ike's path.

And another reason to like MD, gas is at 3.37 here.
Well, its funny, cause here in SJ, we get our gas from the middle east, not Texas. So this really shouldn't affect us at all.
YDS
(It's illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey)

This is a little off topic but ... wtf why?
author=YummyDrumsticks link=topic=1913.msg31496#msg31496 date=1221352444
(It's illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey)

This is a little off topic but ... wtf why?

Ah, yeah, that's right, a lot of Westerners don't know this and they're surprised when they learn. I live on the East Coast, so I know this very well first hand. It's a remnant of an old law in the 40's where owning your own vehicle was a luxury, and gas stations were still new territory for 'untrained motorists'. Safety reasons and such. It's still around today for no particular reason.
Pages: first 12 next last