[RMVX ACE] ASCENDING DREAMS (TESTERS, SPRITE EDITORS, & WRITERS)

Pages: 1

Ascending Dreams is an action adventure inspired by the original Legend of Zelda.

It will be my 3rd major project. The first was a 3 dungeon demo inspired by Metroid called Demon Dreams. More recent is a completed game, a side scroller based on Zelda 1's underground areas called Lasting Dreams.

I'm hoping to have Ascending Dreams complete by Summer 2016. It's actually coming along faster than expected.

This is a free game I'm making in my spare time between work and school, no money will be made for anyone involved, however, everyone will be credited for their contributions.

TESTERS: I'm currently looking for a small group of testers willing to provide detailed feedback.

SPRITE EDITORS: I'm looking for some help editing NPC sprites for originality, or they will end up being pallet swaps. (I'm also open to graphic contributions outside NPCs)

WRITERS: The story is currently a skeleton, just enough to move the player through the game world, but lacks substance. I'm looking for some help fleshing out the details, and trying to create a good narrative for the RPG maker community. Story is my weakest area of game development. (I'm into games where the story is 2nd to game play and exploration.)

If you're interested in helping, message me, or email atgatg@gmail.com!

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Can i see some of your current NPC sprites?
Maybe i could chip in with a couple of NPC's after the No-RM event is over.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
To build the story you can just off by looking at the map and the areas.

Where does our here come from? Well he lives in X house and this is his family and how he knows everyone here.

Why is the hero going to a certain location. This doesn't need to be world saving.
(ie. "Hey hero guy I lost my basket of flowers in the forest. Can you go and get it.)

Perhaps the hero is still a young man and as tradition the village boys need to go through a trial to become real men. (Or citizens of the society.)

Of course you could go completely generic and just have the bad guy steal your girl friend. And you go into one dungeon after the other because you think she is there, but it's just f'n princess toadstool instead.
author=kory_toombs
To build the story you can just off by looking at the map and the areas.

Where does our here come from? Well he lives in X house and this is his family and how he knows everyone here.

Why is the hero going to a certain location. This doesn't need to be world saving.
(ie. "Hey hero guy I lost my basket of flowers in the forest. Can you go and get it.)

Perhaps the hero is still a young man and as tradition the village boys need to go through a trial to become real men. (Or citizens of the society.)

Of course you could go completely generic and just have the bad guy steal your girl friend. And you go into one dungeon after the other because you think she is there, but it's just f'n princess toadstool instead.

Thats pretty much what I've got going on already. I did want to stay away from super generic ideas like save the princess stuff.

- Player is kicked out of their house by their Dad.
- They visit their Aunt who is a Witch.
- They help their Aunt kill some slime in her bathroom.
- She gives him a letter to deliver to the King.
- The King hires the player as his personal Explorer.
- Player explores the world to clear dungeons and collect Diamonds.

That's pretty much it so far.
SunflowerGames

Well look at the title of your game.

Ascending Dreams:

The player is stuck in a dream (like Link to the Past)

The villagers are stuck in a dream and in order to wake them up up the character must get magical items. Each item will wake up one villager.

The hero is trying to move his village into the dream world in order to save them from the harsh realities of life.
Those are good ideas, but I guess I'm looking for help in the details too. Like writing up the dialog and such, like a screenplay/script.
SunflowerGames

"Hey! Hey! Wake up!"
"Why won't she wake up?"
"I guess I need to get help."

looks through village

"Hey you! Can you help..."
"Are you asleep too?"

runs around village

"Everyone looks like they are asleep."
"I need to look around more to make sure."
"There must be someone who can tell me what's going on."

looks through village to find note
telling what happened, etc...
Hero needs to do something to wake one of the villagers up.
What have you done?
Did you just make Zelda?
Nice!
Pages: 1