[RMVX ACE] ITEM

Pages: 1
I need help with something I'm trying to do with armors and items. I'm trying to make it where you pick an armor and then put it into the items, like for example a Knight's Shield, I put that in with the items but I'm wondering though should I change the name and/or description or leave it as it is. And also I'm trying to make it where you give the item to a NPC as well. Help is appreciated, thanks
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
So, wait, lemme get this straight. When players access the inventory, they see items, weapons, armor, and key items all on one list? I mean, I think such might be possible, but, I'm not sure why you want to do this.

As for the question about wanting to "give" an NPC something, that would be a Conditional Branch. On the fourth page of the event-command, there's an option to check if an item, weapon, or armor is owned by the player. Choose the option that best fits what you want to happen. If the player has the item in question, you probably want the NPC to say something about receiving the item, then remove it from the inventory with Change Item, Change Weapon, or Change Armor event-command, depending on what kind of item is being given.

Does... that make any sense?
No I don't want the items, weapons, armors, and key items on one list. What I mean is that when you change an armor or weapon into an item, should I change the name of the item or leave it with the same name?

Oh I didn't know about that at all, thanks I will do that with the conditional branch.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Just make it a normal item, there's no need to bother with making it a piece of equipment if the player isn't supposed to equip it.

Or, if they're able to equip it, just keep it as a piece of armor and just check for that in the conditional branch
Ok I will just make it a normal item since they're not supposed to equip it
I tried to remove the item from the inventory with the change item command, but it didn't work though
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Hrm. What does the event actually look like? Like, here's a sample of what I'm thinking of:

http://tinypic.com/r/2evu7g0/9

http://tinypic.com/r/2yuc6mv/9

here are the images i have of the dialogue, but not sure where to put the change item at though since I tried it before and after the second conditional branch
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
What's the point of asking if they have the shield within the branch that checks if they have it?

ANYWAYS, you'd dump it under the When Yes option
I just tried that but it doesn't work though. And also I was trying to make it where the NPC doesn't repeat the beginning again and to only say it once. And then to ask if you got the shield. And disappears after you gave them the shield or after you defeat them.
This can easily be done with a use of a Self Switch and a new page. Simply have everything on the first page of your event be the dialogue up past your first "Yes/No" option - only have the 'Self Switch On' right after the dialogue "Good. Don't disappoint me now or you will suffer immense pain."

This will only take you to the next page IF the player selects 'Yes', though. If you want to avoid the dialogue being repeated regardless if he picks yes or no, simply put the Self Switch On after the first Branch End.

Then create a second page which is active when the self switch you activated in the first page is on. Copy/paste everything after the first Branch End and pasted it on the second page. Presto! Now the NPC will begin with the question dialogue after you first speak with him.

However! TehGuy is correct in stating that your second branch checker for the Shield being in your inventory is in the incorrect spot. The way you have it, his dialogue will only show up if the Shield is in your inventory. If it isn't, it'll skip all the way down to the empty "Else" option, and end the event processing there. (Since it's empty.)

Now this could be your intention, (Like the knight ignores you unless you actually have the shield) but if it's NOT - allow me to introduce you to the wonderful world of Labels!

A 'Label' allows you to jump from one part of an event to another.

On this second page, you want your dialogue "Did you get the Knight Shield?" and the Yes/No option at the top of the page, BEFORE the conditional branch. Keep the event response to 'No' the same... But under the 'Yes' option, THIS is where you need the conditional branch for 'If has Knight Shield' first. Right after it, have the event continue where he gives the Knight the Shield as normal.

Now this is where the Label comes in. At the beginning of the 'No' response (Right before WHAT?! YOU DIDN'T GET THE Knight Shield? Place a 'Label' (Located under Flow Control on the first page, 'Label...') and name it whatever you like. I recommend something like 'Donthaveshield'. Now with this Label here, scroll back up to the 'Else' section of your conditional branch above (Checking to see if they have the shield or not.) Under ELSE, put 'Jump to Label...' (Directly under the Label option.) then type the name you gave your Label into this box.

Now, what this does is that when the event checks if you have the shield and you don't, it goes to the else option and hits the 'Jump to Label...' entry. This tells the event to jump to whatever part of the event has that named 'Label' and resume the event from there. I've included a picture to help illustrate this effect.

Oooohh okay I get it now. I just tried it and it works! Thanks for your help!
Pages: 1