HI! I'M 17 AND HAVE IDEAS.

Pages: 1
I'm new to game making but have always had ideas. And I'm finally going to try to create some of them. Mostly fandom styled stuff. I know computers pretty well and i can use things like Photoshop, but I have no idea where to start.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Hello! What's the big idea? :)

This is as good a place to start as any. Why don't go up to the Development drop down menu and click on Engines. There's plenty of choices there, many of them free. (If you go for a free one, I recommend Game Maker, Unity, or Unreal...or all three...why not?) Once you have them, it's easy to find tutorials for them.
Well, the two biggest ideas I've had recently are more GBA styled games. Both being crossovers. The first is an Attack on Titan game, sending a character out on a Zelda styled adventure. And another mixing Hetalia with Harvest Moon. And maybe while working through these and getting the hang of it, I'll come up with something more original.

Thanks for the engines advice. :) There are so many to choose from.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Everyone has ideas. It's using them that is the key.
Yeah, follow a tutorial on how to make the sample game(s) in whatever engine you think suits the kind of game you'd like to make, then if you get stuck, ask questions!

Welcome to RMN!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Hi 17! I'm 19! Welcome to RMN! Contribute lots!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome to RMN! RPG MAKER VX ACE is a great engine for the style you're going for, that's easy to use and has scripts! yay!
But it costs $$$

It's worth it though, you're gonna be here for 10+ years now
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=InfectionFiles
It's worth it though, you're gonna be here for 10+ years now

That's after he leaves and comes back in 6 months. Read the Taglines, they're important!

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=InfectionFiles
Welcome to RMN! RPG MAKER VX ACE is a great engine for the style you're going for, that's easy to use and has scripts! yay!
But it costs $$$

Or you can wait until it's on Humble Bundle for 13 bucks...which is something like every other month.
I assume you have at least one RPG Maker program, do you?
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
author=pianotm
Or you can wait until it's on Humble Bundle for 13 bucks...which is something like every other month.
Well it's always during the steam sales and right before IGMC.
MV will be at around a 10% discount (so like 70$ still) and VX Ace will be like 15$ or even lower!

Welcome to RMN!
Pages: 1