[RMVX ACE] CAN'T LOAD PROJECT ON NEW PC

Pages: 1
Hey all,

So, probably an easy fix, but I can't seem to figure it out on my end. Basically, I have a new computer now, and since I left the copy of my game on RMN unencrypted, I thought I could just download it, unpack it, and pop it up to get back to work.

However, VXACE when pointed at the directory doesn't acknowledge the game is there. I think it needs a project file, but when I try to create a new one in that directory, thinking it'll fill it back out, it just informs me there is data there and asks if I'd like to delete it.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I'd rather not boot up the old PC and have to worry about whatever was infecting it getting into the new one.

Thanks in advance!
Ace doesn't like opening a project when it sees any encrypted archive in that game's folder. Delete or extract the RGSS3A file and Ace will be fine with it.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
Make a new project in RPG Maker VX Ace THEN copy the unencrypted files to the folder of the new project.
Thanks for your help guys. Turns out, it was encrypted anyway, so I had to jury-rig my old PC to get the files off.
Pages: 1