QUESTIONABLE ADS

Pages: 1
Happy
Devil's in the details
I just happened to log out and disable adblock, and I noticed there's adds like these on the site:

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/1005/locker/ads.png

I'm not sure how healthy it is to have stuff like that around here, though I don't know how much you can control the ads displayed on the site.
unity
You're magical to me.
Damn, even for ads, that's low >.<;;;
Happy
Devil's in the details
You tend to run into those on a hosting service sites and it's easy to confuse the proper download links with the cheap adds that install some malware crap on your computer. I usually feel really iffy about any sites that have these mixed up in the layout.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, that's totally shady and uncool!
Thankfully those who know the site wouldn't get caught out since they know downloads aren't on the main page like that, but new faces... yeah. >.<;
There should be a way to block these ads from the domain... :/
I think it's a case of we don't get to choose the ads that are used - that's up to who we sell the ad space to. And those ads are helping fund the site so I doubt we're going to just block them.
unity
You're magical to me.
Still, when the ads go so far out of their way to look like a part of the site that it might inconvenience or otherwise harm users, I think that's when the ads have gone too far. There should be at least some way to report these to someone, maybe? >.<;
I am not choosing the ads - I am just using GoogleAds and SwitchAds (as a backup to Google, for when they get all uppity over an animated GIF of Scarlett Johansson). I am not signed up to any sort of shady ad service here.

I will see what I can do about blocking those kinds of ads... but don't hold your breath.
unity
You're magical to me.
Sorry to ask for something so big. I am mostly just frustrated that people would do that. -_-
It's halfway to a driveby attack. The best we can do is probably just informing the ad provider that there are potentially malicious ads that they are serving and hopefully they'll take it down.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I never click on ads. Do people actually still do that? They all feel scammy and shady to me
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I don't get ads because I donated. I used to pay attention to the ads though because I knew that RMN gets a few cents per click. So if I found one that interested me, usually an Amazon ad, I'd click.
If there's nothing to do about the ads directly, you could give the ad-space some blatant frame pointing out it is an ad-space. Just clearly defining this as this and that as that.
Pages: 1