[POLL] WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A RMN MEET?

Poll

Would you be interested in an RMN Meet? - Results

Yes - in the US (please state your preferred area)
22%
Yes - in London, UK
20%
Yes - elsewhere in Europe
10%
Yes - elsewhere (please state your preferred area)
18%
No YM, you suck
14%
No YM, RMN sucks
12%

author=Darken
I think there's like 3-4 atlantic canadians on this board. Do not have any travel plans lined up so I think everyone should drive to my city. That would be fair.

I mean, I'd be down for a Maritime RMN meet.
Heck yeah! I love this idea! I live in Portland, OR-- so the Portland/Seattle would be my preference... :|
Ya let's all go to darkens
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I've never had a particular urge to go to Canada, but it's one of my deepest, longest wishes to visit another country (France), any country (as long as it's France), so yeah, I could go to Canada (would Canada be willing to annex to France? I mean, if not, it's still cool...I've just always wanted to go to France every since I was...like...really little. Sadly, money's a thing.).
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
This needs to be bumped, at least until we've made a true decision.
#rmnGoes2France2017

in the words of Goku
"I hope my body can take it."

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Welp, totally forgot about this. For the peeps wanting to join in London, how's early August?
We should set a date and then I can see if I can make it. If I have to like... get cheap tickets and find a place to sleep and whatever else there is to do :)
I always imagine the average RMNer as a very awkward, depressed, pansexual, animal-loving anime-nerd that only rarely, if ever, make a game. I'm not sure if meeting anyone from here would make my image of the average RMNer worse or better.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=SnowOwl
I always imagine the average RMNer as a very awkward, depressed, pansexual, animal-loving anime-nerd that only rarely, if ever, make a game. I'm not sure if meeting anyone from here would make my image of the average RMNer worse or better.

Im not an anime loving nerd. And my friends are normel upper and mid-class hipsters. They are all vegans. They take drugs and listen to techno. I don't.
I love you SnowOwl : )
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Did this with GW in London, On. years ago. So much fun. I'd be down for a RMN meet, but I'm an old fogey now. I'd be no fun, in bed by 9, eating my prunes.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=SnowOwl

Hey, I'm cool! I like to drink beer!

(...craft beer)
I am the most ordinary person ever. Like extra ordinary.
author=Yellow Magic
author=SnowOwl

...have you been stalking me?
>.>
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=Liberty
author=Yellow Magic
author=SnowOwl
...have you been stalking me?
>.>
Yup, your cat looks like this

And yup, that's probably very accurate SnowOwl
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Artsy guys are always coolies. They can draw. Programmers are skilled in something nobody else understands to and they are usually very keen on trying to explain it and otherwise shy and quiet. If you're loud enough, you can command them to free a space on sofa for you. Sound guys complain about music's quality. They usually end up drunk-jamming. These all are nice people in general.
Game designers on the other hand, they are the problematic bunch...
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Kloe
And yup, that's probably very accurate SnowOwl

No, it's not! Just like almost all groups of people, RMN is way too diverse for such stereotypes to actually work.

Regarding the actual topic, I'm fairly certain now that I won't be able to visit England any time soon, so... Welp. RMN is going to stay purely virtual for me for another while, I'm afraid.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=SnowOwl

I can't tell how much of this is projecting, lol. Like NS said, RMN has a pretty decent mix of people who are mostly linked by being nerdy for RPGs!

A meetup would be fun, like getting together at a bar or at go-karts or bowling or something chill. I'm outta vacation days this year, so, no London for me :P Let me know if you're ever in the Midwest!
author=slash
author=SnowOwl
I can't tell how much of this is projecting, lol. Like NS said, RMN has a pretty decent mix of people who are mostly linked by being nerdy for RPGs!

I'm none of those things. Except I rarely make games.