JUST DO IT! - ANTI-PROCRASTINATION INITIATIVE

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Good work, everyone! Your progress has been recorded! Would you like to continue or return to the main menu?
Of course you want to continue!

@Marrend:
Interesting idea for a minigame. I do however hope that, unlike in the case of normal Mafia games with actual people, there are 100% safe ways of finding out who the scum/assassin is. Especially since it looks like winning this game is mandatory to progress the plot, having the player's success rely on luck too much would probably ruin its appeal. Of course, I don't know all the details, so if you've already taken care of this, then never mind me.

@Corfaisus:
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, and that your productivity has gone up so much. But unfortunately I also have to remind you of the first rule of this event, which is to make the size of your goals reasonable, which means neither too easy nor too overwhelming. The rule of thumb of taking about one week per goal was intended to encourage participants to set up goals that would actually take at least a few days for them to complete. And while I think it's great that you are able to write so many reviews so well and so quickly, I'd encourage you to challenge yourself a little more for this event. I'll be happy to award you your third Success for these reviews, but giving you the fourth one just one day later already would kind of go against the spirit of this event.
That's not to say you can't get the achievement by writing reviews - on the contrary, I'm glad you are so productive in doing that. But I recommend setting the bar just a little higher for yourself now, for example by announcing multiple reviews for the next goal. Obviously, I can't and don't want to force you to do anything I say, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at here.

@TungerManU:
The event started on June 10th, so about two and a half weeks ago. Depending on how well it keeps going and how much time is needed, it will continue to run for another two and a half to three and a half weeks. Considering how much has been done so far, I'm confident you can still finish a lot of goals in that time if you put some good effort into it.

Oh, and thanks for giving feedback and encouraging the other participants, Kloe! Very much appreciated.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Alright, guess I'm still looking for a goal. The only thing that comes to mind that I know I'd be able to get done in a couple of days would be replacing all instances of the default message boxes in Tales from Zilmurik (all of chapter 1 and most of chapter 2) with the new picture message boxes, including the movement and differentiation between various character types which will require a hefty amount of variable work.

Assuming I go to bed and wake up without immediately posting something different, just make that my next goal.
New Goal: Finish the last scenes of the second "chapter" in my current game. I'll also test the game up till that part, fix potential bugs, grammatical errors and incorrect spellings.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
@NeverSilent: The way I'm planning it, loosing the mafia mini-game means players have to face a boss fight (ie: the assassin) in order to proceed. Though, maybe there can be an extra/different thing if players do loose later on, though? I wasn't necessarily thinking that, but, something to consider!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I'm almost finished. I need to add some flexibility to long houses and do these characters. Maybe add some more details. I will submit tomorrow ("Just do it, man!" "Nah, it doesn't matter and I'm to tired and..."). The map is dreadful. I have no will to make it better. I know the ceiling ends in the middle of the room.
I've already named it: Everything is brown 2k Chipchaps.

I won't be recoloring it.
My goals never really made sense. I've been getting things done that are quite important (fixing a bug that could corrupt save data, giving the enemies proper pathfinding AI, etc.) and they're more important than just cramming it full of locations, enemies and music tracks.
@Cap_H I love the choice of colors there. Nice job.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Not done yet but making good progress.

Corfaisus
Goal #4: Replace all default messages with custom message system.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Hi, i'm very sorry, i finished my two goals but won't be able to post evidence until saturday when i have access to my pc. Very sorry.
Mmmm, Goal 3 will be to implement 2 new monsters, create 5 rooms for dungeon #2, implement dungeon #1's boss!

I have plans to do other polishing things for what's in the game so far, but making them a part of my goal would be difficult since I'm a little all over the place with it.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I think everything should be up to date again in the OP now. Feel free to notify me if I messed something up.

And it's time for me to announce my third goal: Finish testing Shadows of Adam and send in the results, and also create the first few actual puzzles for Extinguished. While not all mechanics are done yet, I have completed the ones that will be used in the first part of the game. So I might as well get started on some actual content. I've been looking forward to this point where I can finally put all the mechanics that I've been working on this whole time to use.

@Corfaisus:
Got it. I moved your goal's start from yesterday to today, since that's when you "officially" announced it. I hope I was correct in assuming that was how you wanted it. Good luck!

@WolfCoder:
I want to say I'm sorry that you don't feel like you can complete your goals, but if on the other hand you have actually gotten a lot of work done during this whole time, there's not much to be sorry about. In fact, it feels a bit unfair to me to deny you your Successes or the achievement just because you didn't do the exact things you put in this thread, despite the fact that you actually did get a lot of work done. Do you have any suggestion on how to resolve this situation in a way that is more fair to both you and the rest of the participants? Because I want to recognise your productivity, but am not too sure what the best compromise would be right now.

@TungerManU:
Nothing wrong with writing a review, as far as I can see. As long as it's a bit of productivity that you would have struggled with otherwise, I think it's an excellent choice for this event. Plus, at least I always find your reviews very informative and entertaining to read. Good luck with your goal!

@Mirak:
Don't worry about it too much. There's already a big "system of honour" in place in this event when it comes to trusting people about having actually finished their goals. Just produce your evidence when you have access to your computer again, and it'll be fine.
Goal 3 completed: The AI can now use the charge attack!
I've updated the main download.

Next week goal: Make a generic range attack function for ranges above 2
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
This scene that's coming up is going to be a hard one to write for me, regardless of whither or not I allow players to resolve it, or it resolves itself automatically. I probably should allow players to do what they think is right, given what they know of the characters in question. I can't help but to worry that the appropriate context is just not there.

Perhaps I'm overthinking things.
Sorry for not posting this, but I'm dropping out of the event. The next few weeks will be busy for me, plus that I'm going on a trip soon and won't have any access to the Internet or my computer.

Sorry, but I cannot participate in this event any longer.
Well, I have one day to finish my character design before I miss the goal date, and things aren't looking too good. I have to at least do coloring, if not shading as well, and, since I planned to have the entire thing done, I have to write up a backstory. I'll see what I can get done, and report what I have tomorrow. (School, y u take up so much time?)
Well, I completed my goal for this week.

Next Weeks Goals (June 29th - July 6th)
Let's Play
- Blue Skies - Part 4
- Luxaren Allure - Part 13
- Zoids Whisper - Part 2
- Kindness Kills
All right, haven't been on the other computer to make a video of my battle system yet, but in the meantime, I'm going to post my Goal #4.

Backstory: I've been working on JRL, a pseudo-roguelike, quite a bit. I've remade the graphics and re-created the game from the ground up, and I really like how it's turning out. You can interact with most anything and scavenge resources, which means, I'll need to create a crafting system. I'll have to find a good script, then put together some good recipes: that's the hardest part, seeing as I'm not super-creative on those things.