JUST DO IT! - ANTI-PROCRASTINATION INITIATIVE

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Back in the Temple of the Spirit, writing even more stuff. I'll try to remember to capture some relevant screens in another work-session.

*Edit: Or, I can do it sooner, and use the thumb-tag.

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/8200/locker/oracle_writ.png
Here, the Prince is receiving a Writ of Passage to gain access to the Temple of the Spirit.

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/8200/locker/oracle_asleep.png
A little late to be thinking about stuff like that, eh, Princess?

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/8200/locker/oracle_spirit_trial.png
How did she get into the Temple of the Spirits?

*keels over*
Got my goal done!

I'll show evidence of the enemies. They're poorly censored.

Lol, I hope that's enough evidence! If needed more, do tell.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Sweet Bush squid, Pizza.

Made the promised world cipset today. I will make repairs and a bearable map tomorrow.

ZDs, my FBI cameras make it sharp ASAP.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Really nice, y'all. Those tiles are great Cap! The top two trees are a little too close to the water in my opinion though. I'd recommend moving them down a tile :P
If you fbi it somehow you deserve to see.
@Cap_H: You made all of those tiles in less than a day? O.o They look really good. The shallow water seem a bit too blocky around the corners.

Progress Update:

Finished the looong cutscene with Frogge (SO...MANY...WORDS...) and am getting ready to start working on the part where Gredge shows up. After that, I'll just have to add the final cutscenes with Kentona so that the player can receive the Fancy Clothes. Since the game I am making has branching paths, I'll of course need to add variations to certain cutscenes.

Writing is my biggest weakness (mainly due to my English grammar) and I am currently working on a game that contains almost nothing but cutscenes and NPC dialogues. I'm hoping that this project might in someway enhance my writing and grammar.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Actually, spent most of the time looking on work of the others, to get the idea. Space Funeral was the biggest source of inspiration. Water tiles probably wouldn't do this, if the map was better.
Goal #1 : Write one complete set of support conversations for VE
@Cap_H: Those coast tiles are SO CUTE, holy shit. Nice palette too.
mjshi
Jack of Most Trades
Conditional Branch+ for VX Ace has been written!
Goal 1 complete. The script is available on pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/raw/0yXdjtHJ

It has a bunch of handy conditional branch checks, like

Check.has(1, 2, 3)
checks if the player has items id 1, 2, and 3 in inventory, while

Check.has_more(1, 2, 3)
checks if the player has at least three of items id 1 and 2 in inventory.

Goal 2: Now to port it to MV... That's the ugly part.
Because nice things like this
def self.has_more(*items, number)
  items.each do |item|
    return false if $game_party.item_number($data_items[item]) < number
  end
  return true
end
turn into things like this:
Check.has_more = function () {
	var items = Array.from(arguments);
	var number = items[items.length - 1];
	items.pop();

for (var i = 0; i < items.length; i++) {
		if ($gameParty.numItems($dataItems[items[i]]) < number) return false;
	}
	return true;
}
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Fantastic work, zDS and Cap_H! I've marked down a success for both of you.

And thanks for sharing your progress so far, everyone else! I'm glad to see so much productivity already. Keep up the great work!
mjshi
Jack of Most Trades
@NeverSilent I finished Goal 1 as well.

Progress update for goal 2
Convert the script to a plugin.

So far, 20% complete:

That's awesome mjshi!

___

My update: Back in town and working on battle system. While I was out, I was writing things down. Right now I think I'm almost ready to call the baseline good to go. Almost. Using MV's default side-view system. Been tweaking different things and almost ready to call it baseline.

I'll update again when I've got something working. Mebe post video?
It's awesome to see awesome people making awesome progress. I've now finished the rather deep and emotional cutscene with Gredge! Now, all I need to do is top of the quest with a final scene with Kentona and then I'm done! I'm aiming to have my goal finished by tonight!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread

You know what this image represents? The end of the events in the Temple of the Spirit. Darigaaz, that was insane. Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to keel over...
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Does that mean you've finished the entire section you wanted to complete for your first goal, Marrend? Congratulations! I'll mark down one success for you as well. Good job!

author=mjshi
@NeverSilentI finished Goal 1 as well.

I'm aware of that, and it's great to see you've finished that script so quickly. The reason I didn't mark your goal as completed yet is because you announced two of them for week 1. So I assumed they were intended to be two smaller sub-goals, and only upon completing them both you'd have achieved what you wanted to do this week. I did the same thing for my own goals. Hopefully, there wasn't a big misunderstanding here.

By the way, concerning my personal progress, I posted my feedback on chapter 2 of Summoner of Sounds. So that's one of my two sub-goals down, one more to go.
mjshi
Jack of Most Trades
author=NeverSilent
So I assumed they were intended to be two smaller sub-goals, and only upon completing them both you'd have achieved what you wanted to do this week.

Ah, whoops, that does seem to be the case. Should've been more clear, I guess.
That's fine, though. I'll call them both Goal 1 and this way I'll get more things done!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
All right, I'm glad that was so easy to clear up. Good luck converting your script!
My wrists hurt from all this writing.

I have indeed reached my goal, since the Fancy Clothes are finally mine, mohahaha!
Progress! Progress! Bound's intro got itself a battle to go with all of that monologue, a handful of NPCs, and a ton of balancing! I'm not done yet, but I made a huge amount of progress~