WHAT UPCOMING GAMES ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO?

author=demondestiny link=topic=2149.msg38939#msg38939 date=1224464890
Are you serious. A lot of the game magazines have been giving this game high ratings.
The have?

I know that the one magazine I tend to read gave it a 5/10 or something around that. Definitely average but not above.
Too Human has widely been considered a flop.
being honest, I really don't buy games anymore, haven't done so in 2 years -_-

but I'm deffinitely looking forward to this in december:

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Antifarea is my friend now.
Okay, I keep hearing about some weird game with an odd name that I've never even heard of before coming to this forum, and have never heard of outside of this forum.

What the fuck is Persona 4? Judging by the cover (which is the best thing to do - especially for books), it looks like a Sim game where you help TVs cross the street whilst striking a pose.
author=kentona link=topic=2149.msg39011#msg39011 date=1224517130
Okay, I keep hearing about some weird game with an odd name that I've never even heard of before coming to this forum, and have never heard of outside of this forum.

What the fuck is Persona 4? Judging by the cover (which is the best thing to do - especially for books), it looks like a Sim game where you help TVs cross the street whilst striking a pose.

From what I've heard: Persona 4 is a dungeon hack combined with a high-school simulator and seasoned with a very distinctive atmosphere. By day, you make friends, go fishing, go to class and work at part-time jobs, while at night you and your allies raid shadow-infested dimensions that exist inside people's televisions in an attempt to save your classmates from a supernatural killer. You fight battles with beings of the psyche known as Personae, which can be combined to create even stronger Personae. Every Personae is assigned to a card of the Tarot, as is every character in the game; become better friends with somebody of a Tarot to increase the strength of new fused Personas of that Tarot. You work your way through an entire school year, celebrating holidays, exploring the town and (of course) trying to solve a murder mystery that affects everything.

There are also supposedly some rather mature themes in Persona games that generally aren't touched upon in Japanese RPGs.
now that's some nice short description, shall we show kentona this description in action? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_X9dL6wNU

make sure you forward the video past 1:00 so you get to see the gameplay instead of the short story talk in japanese shown.

This sounds a lot like a game I wouldn't play.
karsuman would be hurt by those words I'm sure. :'(
Persona 2 Innocent and Eternal Punishment are both way better than Persona 3, although P3 is the most popular (which is still a good game on its own).

I'm looking forward for Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Resident Evil and that's about it. I'll probably buy Persona 4 if I can, but it seems like it's going to be very similar to Persona 3, which I don't really like, and the Megaten series have been going downhill since Nocturne, so I don't know good P4 is going to be (Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 felt like the last "true" MegaTen games...the others have been too anime-influenced and I'm entirely too old for anime).
author=antifarea link=topic=2149.msg39030#msg39030 date=1224525766
karsuman would be hurt by those words I'm sure. :'(

So would chaos. I think most members on here are excited for Persona 4. (except kentona) :P
LouisCyphre
I am hurt by those words, kentona.

/ /
/ /
| | | | |
| | | | |\
| | |
| /
\ /
| |
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Persona 3 is one of the greatest games of all time, I would destroy Canada and fight Dick Cheney in a light saber duel just to play five minutes of it. Although i am a major fanatic of Kingdom Hearts series Persona 3 has definatley tied with it, i cannot wait for Persona 4. Finally got my hands on Persona: Revealations, they actually have a mode where you negoaite with the enemies I mean really that is cool.

Also Mitsuru's Bike, it's Special.
author=NoblemanNick link=topic=2149.msg39106#msg39106 date=1224551786
Persona 3 is one of the greatest games of all time, I would destroy Canada and fight Dick Cheney in a light saber duel just to play five minutes of it. Although i am a major fanatic of Kingdom Hearts series Persona 3 has definatley tied with it, i cannot wait for Persona 4. Finally got my hands on Persona: Revealations, they actually have a mode where you negoaite with the enemies I mean really that is cool.

Also Mitsuru's Bike, it's Special.

The intro of P3 felt exceptionally long, though. I tried to get into it, but it didn't really call to me. I wonder now what I missed out on, everyone freaking loves that game to pieces.

Guess I'm stuck in mideval fantasy RPGs! Ahahaha!

Demon conversation used to be a regular thing in the Shin Megami Sensei series, but they dropped it when making Digital Devil Saga and haven't used it since Nocturne, which sucks, because the "contacts" on Persona 2 were hilarious, even if none of it made a drop of sense.

Demon: "Why do humans have hair on head only?"
You: "To protect the brain." or "Really, we have hair on other parts too."

That game was the best. Revelations, despite its problems, have good contacts too. Alana especially (then again, I'm biased -- I loved everything she said).

<3
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=2149.msg39101#msg39101 date=1224550611

/ /
/ /
| | | | |
| | | | |\
| | |
| /
\ /
| |

That's the ring finger btw
Kentona doesn't play a lot of things. =P
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Persona 3 is one of the greatest games of all time, I would destroy Canada and fight Dick Cheney in a light saber duel

That is one of the strongest recommendations I have ever seen.
author=kentona link=topic=2149.msg39011#msg39011 date=1224517130

Not very much a video game player, eh?

My answer; Street Fighter 4.
LouisCyphre
author=Craze link=topic=2149.msg39186#msg39186 date=1224600581
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=2149.msg39101#msg39101 date=1224550611

/ /
/ /
| | | | |
| | | | |\
| | |
| /
\ /
| |

That's the ring finger btw

kentona is in a positions of power, btw.