STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Yup, I want to buy a Viper! They seem so cooooool!!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Chloe Pew-Pew is now the proud owner of a Conrad Viper! She is 3000 credits poorer.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=LockeZ
I snap curtly at Helium in an unintelligible language. You can't understand the words, but they're clearly not polite. Then I spit on his pants.

"Yuck! Stop that, kid. For once, I'm glad there's only room for one person in my spacecraft. One of you guys will have to take care of her."

Still, what I heard Chloe and Ozardel talk about is very interesting. If this pink-haired teen is some sort of programming genius, it might be worth it keeping her around. She could be really useful in covering my tracks.

Either way, I have no interest in all this trading business Lintis is going on about. That just brings back bad memories. As far as I'm concerned, we're ready to depart.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm good to go, I don't see any need in buying cargo, seeing as my craft is still loaded with it's missiles.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
All right, then. Sounds like I'm also good to go.
pianotm
Alright! I just got finished doing stuffs. Give me a little time.

Lynx: The port authority officer approaches and says, "Mr. Wimble? You informed us that you wanted to know any information that came across our boards about certain ships on your list? Well a group of ships registered to several people presumed lost on the Mako are on their way here, now." The Mako is one of the most recent ships lost to the Wah'ri. There are survivors???
pianotm
You are at Malir.

It is six gates to Palius.

Gate 1: You are attacked by Six Buccaneers.

You are all in firing range of an attacker.

The Buccaneer leader demands that Viper 1 relinquish its cargo or pay a "travel tax".

Fight?
Pay Ransom?
Give up cargo?
Flee?

Since there are so many of you now, I'd like you to give attack commands #Like This Hashtag and bold your commands.

pianotm
You're the one with the A, on it. A for Arrow.
Lynx:The port authority officer approaches and says, "Mr. Wimble? You informed us that you wanted to know any information that came across our boards about certain ships on your list? Well a group of ships registered to several people presumed lost on the Mako are on their way here, now." The Mako is one of the most recent ships lost to the Wah'ri. There are survivors???

Survivors? - I look to the officer instantly in reaction - Do you have any information on their IDs or current mission here?

//Oh, just noticed that although sort of written in the middle-lines, I never specified "Lynx" class, he's a 'Pilot'.

author=Marrend
A simple load of Iron? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!
/Privateer joke
author=PianoTM
Gate 1: You are attacked by Six Buccaneers.
The Buccaneer leader demands that Viper 1 relinquish its cargo or pay a "travel tax".

Something always go wrong when someone says that x3

pianotm
Lynx: (Oh, right! I missed that!) "All I have are their names, sir. Ozardel Alwec, Lintis Kalt, and Kasidy Raine. They're all listed as recent hires on the rescue and salvage craft Mako. It disappeared about a week ago. With them is a young girl called Agnelia. A transmission from the Pele's Pride said that she was on board." Pele's Pride a was ship lost at roughly the same time and area as the Mako.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
"Travel tax". Riiiiiiiiiight.

#Fire Crystal Lasers: Buccaneer Leader.

*Edit: Or whichever Buccaneer is closest to "Viper1".
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Is it possible for me to identify what types of spacecraft these buccaneers use? That way, the more technically versed members of our party might be able to figure out whether they have any specific weaknesses we can exploit. And if they happen to have slow engines, we could even just fly away (although that seems pretty unlikely for pirate ships).
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
"I say we #fight but if it's cheap, the travel tax might be easier and hassle free!"
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
"Fight, fight!" I cheer enthusiastically.
pianotm
NeverSilent
Is it possible for me to identify what types of spacecraft these buccaneers use? That way, the more technically versed members of our party might be able to figure out whether they have any specific weaknesses we can exploit. And if they happen to have slow engines, we could even just fly away (although that seems pretty unlikely for pirate ships).

:D That IS the type of ship. They're old, rebuilt, and not commercially available. Fortunately, Lintis, Ozardel, and Agnelia have encountered these before, so they know that Buccaneers have crystal lasers and minimal shields and armor.

Since the pirates were awaiting a response, you have initiative.

Lintis: Direct hit on Buccaneer on top left. His shields are reduced by two. He swings to try and get behind you.

@Chloe...everybody seems to try and think of a way out of the encounters...

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I am really not too keen on fighting some random idiots right now, but if they give us no choice...

#Move to here:

I will reply to the Buccaneers:
"There's no need for battle. Just get out of our way, and we can forget this ever happened. But if you insist on fighting, we're gonna wipe you all out! So, get lost or die."
pianotm
At your speed, you can only move three spaces a turn. You can also fire if you like.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Huh? But the description of my spaceship says it has a speed of 6. How does this work, then?

Regarding shooting, can I hold my action to shoot until the pirates make an aggressive move? It's not very likely, but after Lintis immediately attacked without hesitating even a second, they might just get scared and give up.