STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

On a more meaningful side, maybe 2-seaters could be adjusted to have a second main-gun to be used by the gunner, also leave the secondary weaponry to be operated exclusively by him.(Accuracy buffs may apply)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=pianotm
LockeZ
Ah, OK, so we're not both supposed to get a shot. Makes sense, although I feel like there should be more things to do in combat besides fire lasers and fire missiles, especially if some of us aren't going to have access to those actions. Is it too early for me to multiclass into bard?
What do you suggest? A few of you bought mines and flares, which gives you more options in combat. I mean, it's not like a D & D battle where you're fighting wolves in the snow. You're in the cockpit of a starfighter.

If you're trying to make a game that's largely about decision-making and has a reduced emphasis on the intricacies of combat, typical Star Trek actions include:
- Transferring power between fore shields, aft shields, thrusters, and beam weapons
- Having various parts of the ship break down mid-fight (engines, navigation, jump drive, weapons, shields, communications, hull integrity, life support), and having to choose between leaving your station to repair them vs. continuing the fight without them
- Tractoring the enemy to keep it from fleeing
- Doing sensor sweeps of enemy ships to detect weapons, vulnerabilities, cargo, and other things
- Conversing with the enemy and trying to convince them to stand down or find out what they want, which is usually only successful after they've suffered a certain amount of damage

If you're trying to make a game that's much more like a traditional combat-oriented RPG, you could just straight up use D&D skills with different names. There's no reason that an attack couldn't hit a row of enemies for 2d12 plasma damage and burn out the cannon for the rest of the day after two uses. Taunts and heals and buffs and debuffs all still make perfect sense in space combat - at least as much sense as they make in hand-to-hand combat, anyway. All the spells would just be devices instead, and "you can cast six level 2 spells today before you need to recharge your mana" would be replaced with "you can use six skills that involve the main deflector dish today before you need to repair it."

In stark contrast, if you're trying to make a game that's much more like a tactical RPG, typical Fire Emblem actions are all based around player positioning on a map that has highly complex terrain. You would need to make the jump gate be about 20 x 30 tiles big with a complex shape. Then you'd need to have areas of space filled with things like jump gate thruster vents, micro-asteroids, plasma storms, and forcefields, all intertwined with each-other. And different ships and weapons would need to have different capabilities to move or fire across these regions. With this amount of complexity in the positioning, there's no particular need for much more variety of actions.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
(Sorry for being missing in action during the holidays. I'm back again.)

#Shoot the backside of B2, then move to the spot to the left of B1.

They didn't want to listen, so they've got it coming to them.
"Everyone, focus on picking them out individually. Let the fleeing one go, we don't have to care about them. Those of you who aren't mobile enough to keep moving out of being encircled, stay close together instead."

P.S.:
Last round, I said I was going to shoot a buccaneer if they attacked one of my allies, but that action never happened. If holding actions is not a thing in this game, that's fine, I just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally forget my action.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
*Space Bump*
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
*Let's do the space bumb agaaaaaain!*

(I think christmas made it temporarily pause)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I largely assume holidays were the #1 reason why nobody was posting.

Though, I'm not 100% sure if it's our turn to perform actions, or if there's still actions somewhere that are unresolved.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
We're just waiting on Pianotm. He said Neversilent was the only who hadn't taken a turn yet.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Sorry. I was going to just a moment ago, but now I can't get on RMN from my computer. I'm stuck texting on my phone. I was waiting until New Years was past.
Kloe
KLOECAPTAIN TO SKY COMMAND, I think sky command is unable to do this. Sky command issues warrant 32SO to Kloe to issue out the story of what happened next!
------------------------------------
Helium: Buccaneer 2 shields reduced by 2. B2 moves behind V2/Chloe. Fires and misses.

Ozzy: Buccaneer 6 shields reduced by 2. Takes evasive maneuvers.
Fires at Arrow. Direct hit. Arrow shields depleted. No damage.

Rylah: Buccaneer 6 shields depleted. No damage.

Chloe: Buccaneer 3 shields reduced by 2. Pursues Marauder. Fires and misses. (Man, my pirates are getting some shitty dice rolls...)

Agnelia: Fires and misses.

Lintis: Moves.

Buccaneer 1 maneuvers around his pursuers. Fires: guns at half power. Misses.

Buccaneer 4 fires at Chloe. Direct hit! Shields depleted. No damage.

Buccaneer 5 has escaped.

Next turn!

-------------
tl;dr Shit went down, people were shot, and I did Piano's Post ;P
Marrend
Thanks for the temp fill-in, Kloe!

I'm not particularly inclined to move behind BUC-1. However, if VIPER-1 moves, it would be that maneuver.
LockeZ
Chloe is in danger. Head towards Bucaneer 4 and take it out so that she has an escape route.
#fire at B6

I believe that is my last stinger missile.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
You've been only saying that you're firing, meaning you're just using your lasers. Firing that stinger now will probably knock that Buccaneer out.
author=pianotm
You've been only saying that you're firing, meaning you're just using your lasers. Firing that stinger now will probably knock that Buccaneer out.

I feel stupid haha I forgot I had lasers. Well then...

#fire stringer missile at B6
Kloe
"Pew pew! Let's take some more down!"
#Fire at B4
Marrend
Hrm. Let's get in range of both BUC-4 and BUC-2.

#Move: diagonal up-right, right, right; Face: diagonal down-right
LockeZ
Gotta protect Chloe!

#Fire at Pat Buchanan #4