NINTENDO 3DS MEGATHREAD

Pages: first prev 12 last
I've been recently getting into some RPGS on the 3DS, SMT 4 is amazing, and Soul Hackers is also great. Has anyone played Apocalypse? If so can you tell me how it is? I've been debating if I want to spend $50 on it or not. And is Dragon Quest 7 a good port?
I haven't played the DQ7 port but from what I've heard it does have some port issues involving loading times for menus and the font... being hard to read? It does have QoL improvements like a way to tell where the shards you're missing are but it doesn't change much of the actual game so it still has it's issues from being a PS1 generation JRPG.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I didn't notice any performance or readability problems with DQ7, but I did play it on the new XL system.

That did remind me of another gripe: to equip an item, you have to go through every slot one by one in order and confirm every piece of gear on that character. It is pretty obnoxious and seems like something they would have fixed.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Deltree
I didn't notice any performance or readability problems with DQ7, but I did play it on the new XL system.

That did remind me of another gripe: to equip an item, you have to go through every slot one by one in order and confirm every piece of gear on that character. It is pretty obnoxious and seems like something they would have fixed.

UUUUGGHHH, Paladin's Quest did that shit too, it was so annoying - I can't believe someone in 2016 would make that kind of design decision!
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I recently picked up Persona Q along with the Tarot Cards for a very reasonable 20 bucks (Can).

I'm not sure if I really want to hang on to it, or sell it for what it's actually worth, which is closer to 35 or more. I'm trying to save yup for Yokai Watch Fleshy Souls...

If someone can give me some kind of endorsement for the game, it might help me decide if I want to keep it or not.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Do you like Etrian Odyssey? If not, don't keep it. Do you find the cast of Persona 3 or 4 appealing? Because you're going to get a lot of dialogue with them. If you didn't like a large part of the cast, don't keep it.

Have you unlocked Sub Personas yet? It takes way longer than it should to give you all the tools of the game, so once you can equip and fuse Sub Personas, you're at the point where you can make your decision.

Given that they're the way you get about 80% of the abilities in PQ, it's a real shock they don't give it to you earlier.
I finally got back to playing Shin Megami Tensei 4. I stopped playing the 3DS for months because a doctor said that computer screens would add to my headaches but things are kinda getting better for me. Anyway I'm infiltrating the Ring of Gaea, not sure if I'm near the end or still in the middle of the game its hard to tell.
When I first started the game was brutal I eventually got tired of grinding and just switched to easy mode because I don't like grinding but I wonder if I should switch back to normal mode because the game is a cake walk now. Especially since my main dude has spells that destroy all enemies in one turn. As for story well its been months since i played but i recall it being interesting enough though the characters that aid you could probably be fleshed out more
Anyone seen the new RPG MAKER coming to 3DS? Its called RPG MAKER FES, it looks like a waste of time for people who know the ins and outs of the pc versions, but honestly it does look like fun and seems to cool to be able to make a simple little rpg where ever you go. I'm gonna get it just for the hell of it.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Particularly nice is the RPG MAKER PLAYER - a FREE download allowing any 3ds owner to play these games that have been made in FES.
I didn't see that part, that's actually really cool. Also anyone see the 3rd version of Yokai watch 2 coming out too? I'm particularly excited for it because I've watched gameplay of the Japanese version and it looks 100 times better than the original versions.
Pages: first prev 12 last