PRESIDENT TRUMP

author=harmonic
Instead of going back and forth with sources, which are basically all going to tell you the story with whatever bias...

I did some more research on the updated facts today, and it seems that yes, the vast majority of these "refugees" were in fact young strong males, up until about the last few months, where it's now even.

Instead of going back and forth with sources indeed. I like how the only one providing sources is... Not you.

What is this research you did? Do you have any reliable sources to back this up with?

Like in that following post you throw out a bunch of random accusations, unsourced (none of them have been aired here... At least not in the last five pages) are we supposed to just accept them as fact?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Welp, I tried. But really, harmonic, now you are the one who is name-calling, making extremely generalising and polemic statements, and making up assumptions about other people in the conversation instead of replying to their points in a fair and constructive manner.

Let's make this very clear:
1. Violence and others moral wrongs are not acceptable even if "my side" does it. I am not at all happy with a lot of the decisions European countries have made regarding immigration and the treatment of refugees. Even people on the political left have put considerable effort into preventing people in need from receiving help, and have given in to populism and scapegoating for their own benefit. I will never support that, no matter how much it hurts "my side."
2. The only thing the US owes the world, just like any other country, is to respect and protect basic human rights. If you refuse to save humans that come begging for protection against atrocities committed against them in countries that do not respect their rights, you are in no position to claim moral high ground over those countries, and all of your so-called American values become a farce.
3. People have a right to live, regardless of whether they are elderly, children, women or "young strong males." Demanding that they throw their lives away fighting for a pointless cause is cynical and cruel, and only empowers terrorists and dictatorships in their violent rhetoric.
4. I'm sorry this way of thinking seems to be so ingrained in your world view, but for once try to see that for many of us, our fellow humans are more than just tools for political leverage. I genuinely care about the lives and well-being of people in need, and if their safety and happiness were caused by or lead to my political "enemies" gaining power, I would be more than happy to lose.
5. Most importantly:
author=harmonic
What if we just don't want them around? Just lazily dismiss them (more than half the country) as racist...?

Yes. Literally leaving foreign people to suffer and die rather than at least making an attempt to save them, just because you "don't want them around," is indeed a perfect example of xenophobia and/or racism at its worst. Basing your own ideology on the idea that the very lives of people from other demographics are less valuable than the whims of your own in-group is simply and purely evil.

You can lump all of your political opponents together and make broad and generalsing statements about them, mock people for trying to be accepting and respectful rather than ruthless and selfish, base your assumption on shaky theories while dismissing any counterclaim as biased or propagandistic. Do all of that as much as you want. I will still not want to harm you. I still don't want to see you suffer. And I will still hope that one day, we can come to terms with each other.
Rest assured, though: As long as someone is ready to sacrifice their fellow humans' well-being out of cultural prejudice and an irrational fear of having to share or losing what they possess, good people will stand in their way. Not out of a desire for conflict or power, but in order to stop them from causing even more unnecessary damage and pain than there already is in the world. And that is why resistance against demagogues like Trump will continue, and rightly so.

Peace.
It's not so much harmonic, but Libertarians in general who're impossible to have a rational, civil debate with. Objectivity and non-partisanship are alien to them. Their perspective of dialogue always requires an enemy, even if it's a strawman, and their arguments are always about fault and blame, never solution or even analysis.
And in the end, the crux of their argument always returns to the same, tired conclusions. My property. My rights. My money.

So you can see why I cut it off with him earlier, and even burned the bridge in the process.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Nope, this isn't possible. So therefore, I give up on trying to get along. It's impossible to deal with being outnumbered 10 to 1, especially when so many of them lie.

I did not name call. The only name-calling has been from you to me. Don't lie about what happened because you don't like me.

I understand liberals have immunity here, and can get away with more than conservatives. I get it. It's just the way it is.

So therefore, screw it. Trump president nah. You had 8 years of your guy mucking up the works, we'll get 4 to 8 of ours doing just the same. We had to deal with it, now you get to deal with it. Oh and also, Supreme Court ours nah. For a lot longer than 4 to 8 years. I make no pretenses that it will be some awesome presidency. He'll probably screw up some things and get wins elsewhere. You'll be happier if you just accept he's the president and encourage your fellow lefties to stop with this eternal temper tantrum.

I want to see you guys take your opinions to a more universal and/or intellectually diverse subset of the population. It's not so ridiculously easy when not everyone automatically agrees with you and you get to dogpile the one guy who doesn't.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Fucking hell, people. That's enough.

Every thread deserves a second chance. This one had a hundred.