WHAT'S UP WITH THE HOME PAGE?

Pages: first prev 123 last
I also use my banking password for my RMN password, which my bank rates as 'very strong'!

My RMN account is super-secure now!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
pianotm
kentona
My RMN account is super-secure now!

I now use my Square-Enix password. That one would cross a bank's eyes.
apparently piano TM's eyes are crossed. He hit quote instead of edit.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=unity
Is that true? That four common words really are safer than a word with a bunch of symbols replaced? So it's the length of the latter password? Huh.
It is true. It's funny how things work.
author=Mirak
author=unity
Is that true? That four common words really are safer than a word with a bunch of symbols replaced? So it's the length of the latter password? Huh.
It is true. It's funny how things work.

not just that.. ah darn. the video piano linked is gone. they also did one on how to choose em.

bruteforce is usually first, so longer is better. dictionary is second and longer is still better, but the less common words are, the better, mixed languages might be as well, and so are breaking words up unexpectedly
like word1w_ord2word3word4!!
relatively easy to remember w_ord2 as opposed to word2 but will make it safer against going over dictionary words.

so if it's peanutbutterjellysandwich there prolly would be room for making it safer depending on how they approach it

Also, password manager with master password can help too so you need only one super strong password and the rest is encrypted and can be randomly generated

(I am just summing up the vid but no browser history in place and forgot the name)
I found the password video:
author=Mirak
It's also important to not be paranoid and realize that you're insignificant and severly unimportant in the grand scheme of things and that you can also relax if your password to this site in particular is something like "chocolate" or whatever.

author=Red_Nova
Yeah, this too. Didn't mean to scare anyone too much. I'm sure here on RMN you can get away with whatever. But as for your bank account passwords and other important accounts? It's something to consider.

It's funny that, (Actually, it's not.) the only account where I have passwords restrictions mostly notable a fixed 8-length, is the bank account. "¬¬

Still, will probably make my steam password longer, not really keen of using the two-step authentication though. I'm 10 times more likely to get mugged than target of a random hacker.

Does the dictionary based search means using waifu names instead of regular words is safer? x3
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=GreatRedSpirit
I found the password video:

That is the correct password video.
pianotm
kentona
apparently piano TM's eyes are crossed. He hit quote instead of edit.

Yes, yes. That happened.
Pages: first prev 123 last