MAPS WEEKLY 2: THE MAPPENING

Pages: first 123 next last
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance

What is this?:

The new maps weekly thread- a continuation of the older one.

This a place to practice mapping & get feed back from others. You get a new prompt every week and make one map in the engine of your choosing based off the theme. Then everyone posts their work and everyone offers feed back! The main idea here is to make well designed environmental/level layouts the look good. It does't need t be original art, but if you want to make original tilesets go for it.

Ideally everything submitted should be made for this thread. If you need feedback for any in development stuff Screenshot Survival 20XX covers that.

Past Maps Weekly Prompts from the This Thread:

-Rural Town

Past Maps Weekly Prompts from the Old Thread:

-Bridge
-Marsh
-Volcano Lair
-Clock Tower
-Saloon
-Wasteland
-Item Shop
-Sewers
-Forest
-Science Lab
-Houseboat
-Mountain Village
-Floating Island
-World Map
-Lovecraft
-Hideout
-Tower Defense
-Post-apocalypse
-Prison

New theme every Sunday! Feel free to suggest prompts!

Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance

WEEK ONE PROMPT

For week one we're starting simple - the prompt this week is a rural town.

Now go make some maps & post them on here by next Sunday!

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I should put something together. I need to install some software first, tho.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
You've revived this the week my laptop died ;(
This is a very nice topic! I think it's a good idea to practice mapping in this way, so that we can get some feedbacks from others! I find it very motivating! I hope, that my little free time will allow me to make a map though :(
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Rural Town Entry:

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The tilesets I combined here don't really quite match, but I think the map came out mostly okay despite it.

I'm never really quite sure how close to put things to the water though. These buildings are definitely too close, but if I moved the water further away then it just feels like pointless empty space. The solution is probably to have docks and boardwalks, but I can only do that so much before it becomes an urban map instead of a rural one.

@kory_toombs: I don't think you need to put the primary content of the thread in hide tags. The maps are what people come in here to see.
Did one in gameboy color style

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
LockeZ, I think that it doesn't work as a place. I would put fountain in front of the main temple and make a visible plaza, which leads towards the water. This will give it a more privileged position. Then I would close the space with these smaller houses. I'm sure that it can keep its rural element if you make spaces between cottages big enough and add some animals and dirt beneath them.
Secondly, some tiles look strange. Trees are tiny. Smaller houses look flat. The map needs some elevation.

Momeka, that is cute and rural and empty in a good way.
My laptop is finally workingish again~

I'm not too proud of this one :\
A little snippet of something

I meant to do some more extensive town mapping on the bottom, but I liked the way this part turned out so I just left it here.

@Momeka - I really like the color scheme you have going there!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Altered, that's quite nice map. I see some obvious mistakes, such as that path leading from cliffs. I would prefer stairs or something. I'm not a big fan of the mixed forest either.

Ok, my first attempt at paralax mapping. I hope it's not too busy.

I think it looks great, actually.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
So glad this is back, let's just hope it doesn't sie again.

Will get something done asap when I have my computer~
Cap_H: Oh man, that looks so good!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Yeah, I really like that Cap!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Thank you all, I'm blushing.
Hi guys! Here it's my rural town! I hope you like it!
Here is part a rural snow town that happens to be a rest stop for travelers/tourists

Hoping this topic can help me practice mapping
Pages: first 123 next last