Pages: first prev 123 next last
ESBY
extreme disappointment

pretty much 1:1 minus a bike and non pink bedsheets
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Yellow Magic
author=Jeroen_Sol
Yes, it is that cramped. But I also have a separate living room and kitchen, so I actually have a lot of space!
You have your own apartment???

Below is my bedroom, living room and kitchen:

IRL it's much more of a mess. The weird gizmos on the top-right signify various things I keep in that little storage section - mostly suitcases, old clothes and my electronic keyboard that I haven't played on in years.

Yes, that is a phone on a chair. IRL, it's a phone on a mini-oven on a chair.

#LondonLife

Yeah, I kind of figured this was what your home was like when I saw your Being Yellow Magic game. But you know, I'd swear I saw a shelf with a bunch of animu stuff. Am I thinking of someone else?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=pianotm
Yeah, I kind of figured this was what your home was like when I saw your Being Yellow Magic game. But you know, I'd swear I saw a shelf with a bunch of animu stuff. Am I thinking of someone else?

Oh whoops, forgot. I have a shelve with loads of games and manga, and one anime figurine.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster

Games and books are on the sides of the room. And that bottom table would have legos rather than stuffed animals!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Yellow Magic

Yes and no. Mostly no.

My roommate's parents are both surgeons, so they've got quite a bit of money. They decided to buy an apartment because property loses its value less quickly than money on the bank does. My roommate and I rent the place from his parents. (He only does in name so he can get a rent allowance. I think his parents give him back the rent in the form of a monthly gift.)

So I do live in an apartment, but it's not my apartment.

Also I love the fire extinguisher in your room.
Wow, trying to map a real room with rtp tiles sure is a lot harder than I thought, but I think I've finally made something that somewhat represents my bedroom.

It's not quite accurate, but it's the closest I could make.
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose

A quick parallax of the home office area of my house. Somehow the futuristic and steampunk tilesets had the best matches for my furniture in real life, haha
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I feel a little bad for Jeroen and Tungerman. You guys need some space to call your own. As for Bart... I don't know if I want to do anything other than smile and compliment someone who hangs spears in his bedroom.

This is my condo! The amount of clothes on the floor is not realistic because RPG Maker XP only has three layers. I would need at least fifteen. In real life I have a bigscreen TV rather than a 1980s TV, and a modern computer rather than an Apple 2G, but my RMXP game takes place in the 1980s, so that's what's in my tileset.

The two-tile-thick walls are closets. I don't have closet door tiles either, apparently? Hmm, this tileset is questionable.

So the reason this thread came about was that I was trying to give people an idea of the size of my room on stream and figured I'd convert it into RM tile sizes (1 tile = 1m squared, basically). It just evolved from that. Anyway, here's my room, size is about right, too.

RTP version. It's smaller than my room would be but it had too much space without cutting down or making lots of edits to the size of things.

This gives a better idea of the sizing. Bed isn't quite that big though, it's just a double, but it takes up a bit more space than the double-bed tile does. Couch is as long as the bed and pushes up next to it, providing a good armrest when using computer (which is on a movable desk, so I can pull it up to the end of the bed and play games whilst being warm. Small table with lamp is right up next to the end of the bed, too. There's a fan in the top-right corner (standing), and you can't really see but there's two other windows. One runs down the middle of the right-side, with the bed overlapping it a bit and the table about half-way placed in front of it. On the other side of the table from it is a wall-unit air conditioner/heater.

Yes, there's a lot of boxes in my room. ^.^;

In front of the couch (it's facing) is a small round carpet and a computer chair my brother sits on when he wants to yak, as well as a small table with my PSX, PS2 and SNES (it's three tiers, so there's enough room for one on each tier of it.) The cabinet that is in front of the door is about neck-height and blocks the view from the door to my bed, and is filled with all my games and comic books. The other window on the left side is as long as the one at the top and is at an angle to it so that it's a corner-type window. I have my wardrobe facing into the room on the top left, and those two book cases (one is a really nice heavy wood). And the glass table is really my walking machine.

...it's a big room, about the size of a decent lounge-room (if not a bit bigger). Estimated around 11x6 (or 12x7) meters.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Jeroen_Sol
author=Yellow Magic
Yes and no. Mostly no.

My roommate's parents are both surgeons, so they've got quite a bit of money. They decided to buy an apartment because property loses its value less quickly than money on the bank does. My roommate and I rent the place from his parents. (He only does in name so he can get a rent allowance. I think his parents give him back the rent in the form of a monthly gift.)

So I do live in an apartment, but it's not my apartment.

Also I love the fire extinguisher in your room.
Ohhh...that kind of setup is fairly common in the UK as well. Also, thanks for reminding me I need to invest my savings in something, otherwise my money is actually going to lose value ;(

The fire extinguisher isn't actually that prominent IRL - I just got very excited when I saw it amongst the available tiles.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Liberty why is your bed six beds stacked on top of each-other

That cannot possibly be comfortable

what if there's a pea on the bottom
I'm waiting for a prince but he seems to have failed to get the message, damn it. :/

The potato sack is my PC. No need for a better graphic.
My SNES is stacked over my brother's X360.

And I'm the chopper.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
author=orochii
The potato sack is my PC. No need for a better graphic.

This is it. This wins the award.

I don't know what the award is but this wins it.
Finally done! :3

Btw it's not mapped in rpg maker, but my games used that type of (parallax) map, so basically it's my default mapping style.

>The green thing in the right is the window frame. It's actually LARGE
>My bed is the brown one, the other one is my sis'
>My desk in on the left, and that's my laptop
>Don't mind my sis' desk, I could not describe things she had there
>The brown desk in the bottom beside the blue table is a vanity table
>AND those ignore those posters, I am an otaku and I'm proud (lol)

Welp this is my room, I am a otaku so I have a bunch of poster on the side walls (mostely Miku and SAO)

on my book self contain a bunch of book and also Nendoroid , figures, misc, etc...
Weiss Schwarz TCG boxes is usually at my desk.

Usually my room is a bit messy but I just recently clean it up
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak

This here is the room I live in when I'm studying. The makeup stand is my laptop, the potato sack is my rucksack with school stuff and the bucket is a basket for dirty cothes.

I live in my aunts house and this small little cozy room is my headquarters, all my evil scheeming is produced in between thise tiny four walls.
author=Frogge
Currently at my dad's house and this is my room. It's quite small and empty, yes >.<

I think I got it just about perfect, though the carpet should have been next to the bed.

That reminded me a lot of my old flat:

Btw.: Sounds like a lot of you people here still live with their parents ... Why is that?
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Deacon Batista
Btw.: Sounds like a lot of you people here still live with their parents ... Why is that?

I'm 16 years old :P
Pages: first prev 123 next last