[RMVX ACE] CHOICES & SCREEN SCRIPT

Pages: 1
Hello! I have a very weird ideas to put in my game. About the script involving with choices and screen.

**{DONE}1. Reverse the directional button when you are trying to choose a choice. Like, when you press Up, it went Down instead.

2. Unable to press confirm and cancel buttons as well as directional buttons (for directional I can use another script though).

<< About the second one, in fact, I want a script for the choice to move by itself to whichever choices I want and it confirm that choice automatically without players doing anything and cannot cancel it. But I can make it somehow with the current script that Black Mage had written along with Tsukihime's Window Timer. The only problem is cancelling the confirm and cancel button temporarily.

3. Flip the screen upside-down including message boxs and message in it and choices and everything. (So, the A will look ∀. If it's not possible then I am going to use the flipping-upside-down texts instead.)

I don't know if these are possible, but I really want to include them in my game. They are optional, though. But, it would be a great pleasure if somebody take an interest to do it and help me. Thank you very much!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
1) That would probably be an instance of Window_Selectable, with an edit to the "cursor_down" and "cursor_up" functions. I'm not 100% sure if all you'd need to do is switch/rename the "down" function with the "up" function. However, it would be a start!

2) I get the impression that this particular Show Choice is merely for show, since the end result is always going to be the same. In that case, you could probably do a regular Show Choice, and completely ignore filling the choices out.

If I'm wrong, you can safely ignore me on this point.

3) For a brief moment, I was thinking about Myriad Cypher, and how the player-character there can rotate. However, I'm not sure how useful looking at that game would be for what you want.

Looking into it a bit more, I can see via the help-file, and the script-editor, that there's a "rotation" method for the Sprite class, and an "angle" property for the Game_Picture class. However, a window's contents is an instance of the Bitmap class, which doesn't appear to have a similar function.
author=Marrend
1) That would probably be an instance of Window_Selectable, with an edit to the "cursor_down" and "cursor_up" functions. I'm not 100% sure if all you'd need to do is switch/rename the "down" function with the "up" function. However, it would be a start!

2) I get the impression that this particular Show Choice is merely for show, since the end result is always going to be the same. In that case, you could probably do a regular Show Choice, and completely ignore filling the choices out.

If I'm wrong, you can safely ignore me on this point.

3) For a brief moment, I was thinking about Myriad Cypher, and how the player-character there can rotate. However, I'm not sure how useful looking at that game would be for what you want.

Looking into it a bit more, I can see via the help-file, and the script-editor, that there's a "rotation" method for the Sprite class, and an "angle" property for the Game_Picture class. However, a window's contents is an instance of the Bitmap class, which doesn't appear to have a similar function.

1. Changing up and down functions in Window_Selectable works! Thank you! However, it changed an entire game. I have no idea how to use this via switch or script call when only needed.

2. Yes, it is merely just to show that the player didn't make that choice by himself. It's like when you are afflicted with Charm/Confuse/Berserk in RPGs which the actions are random.

3. I only want to flip the message and its box but I can use flip texts for this one.
Marrend
1. Changing up and down functions in Window_Selectable works! Thank you! However, it changed an entire game. I have no idea how to use this via switch or script call when only needed.

Yeah, if you change Window_Selectible itself, it would have that effect. I think a quick hack fix would be to include a conditional branch based on a game-switch being active, or a game-variable being a certain value. So, something like...

class Window_Selectable < Window_Base
  def cursor_down(wrap = false)
    if $game_switches[1] == false
      # If the game_switch with an ID of 1 is disabled, the cursor moves as normal
      if index < item_max - col_max || (wrap && col_max == 1)
        select((index + col_max) % item_max)
      end
    else
      # Otherwise, invert the movement!
      if index >= col_max || (wrap && col_max == 1)
        select((index - col_max + item_max) % item_max)
      end
    end
  end

def cursor_up(wrap = false)
      end
    else
      end
    end
  end
end

...this?
author=Marrend
Yeah, if you change Window_Selectible itself, it would have that effect. I think a quick hack fix would be to include a conditional branch based on a game-switch being active, or a game-variable being a certain value. So, something like...

class Window_Selectable < Window_Base
  def cursor_down(wrap = false)
      end
    else
      end
    end
  end

def cursor_up(wrap = false)
      end
    else
      end
    end
  end
end

...this?

Yes!! It works perfectly fine! Thank you very much!

Do you want me to credit your name as Marrend or something else? Also, is there any other websites or something you want me to include in my game credit?
Marrend
"Marrend" is fine, if you wish to credit me. No need to refer to RMN, as far as I can tell?
author=Marrend
"Marrend" is fine, if you wish to credit me. No need to refer to RMN, as far as I can tell?

Okay!
Pages: 1