ARE THERE ANY NON-GARBAGE FREE MUSIC SITES OTHER THAN INCOMPETECH?

Pages: 1
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
By "non-garbage" I mean "Has a search option with a level of granularity above Completely Useless."* I've been cruising sites all day and so far they all share the same "OK pick a genre THAT'S ALL YOU SHOULD NEED HAVE FUN CLICKING A MILLION DIFFERENT TITLES WITH NO FURTHER DETAIL, ASSHOLE!"

Jamendo used to be pretty fabulous for this before they decided user friendliness is an abomination unto the Lord.

So, does anyone know of a diamond in the rough, or am I stuck with further plodding through the unforgiving desert of "Oh, OK, it's another piano solo and/or generic Epic Movie piece and exactly not what I'm looking for"?

PS Thank you for reading my enraged rambling.

*I would also add "Is not overrun by horrific art noise that nobody wants to listen to" but I'm not sure that's possible.
Yeah Jamendo turned into terribleness. But the Free Music Archive is pretty much what Jamendo used to be and I've found some decent stuff there.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
That is the place that inspired my rant, actually, after several hours of having to scroll through loooooong lists of "avant garde" and "experimental" offenses to the ear THAT I CAN'T FILTER OUT.

There's definitely good stuff in there, but it's woefully tedious to find it- especially when you've got a particular style or instrumentation in mind, since all the search list shows is a title and whatever genres the artist tagged before the column runs out of space.

Also you can't search by instrument. WHO WANTS TO SEARCH BY ARTIST OR ALBUM? WHY WOULD THAT POSSIBLY BE A THING???
Well, when the only instrument is "computer" what would be the point?
Sooz
You overlook the huuuuge number of (real) guitar and piano players releasing a buncha solos.
Remember when you were a teen and had hours upon hours to search for music? Now it is all so much "experiments in noise" and you can't be bothered.

I just listen to stuff I liked 2 decades ago, now.
Sooz
I mean, same, but "Black Hole Sun" isn't appropriate for this game project for a variety of reasons!
When I searched the FMA there were similar tags to what jamendo used to have. To me it seemed to be basically exactly what jamendo was until it turned garbage.

Edit: though to be honest the thing that miffs me the most about the new Jamendo is that it's no longer possible to search by license. So I won't know if there's a non-derivative license on a track before trying to use it! (or those pesky share-alikes)
Pages: 1