[MAFIA] SIMPLE MAFIA FOR NORMAL PEOPLE

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
IF's last posts come across as very panicky for being targeted by only one person.
If Ebeth were scum, I don't think her scumbuddy would've been voting for her anywhere but the last vote because there was always Isrieri to push for. That'd be some very dumb bussing.

I'm starting to think the whole run on gourd could be town-only, which would mean there were probably early scumvotes on Isrieri. Their priority could've just been easy targets rather than trying to opportunistically go after Gourd. You can put me back to neutral for everyone in the gourdvote.

@Jero: I reread IF's stuff from yesterday around the gourd votes and he seems pretty alright. Also don't think it's a scumtell to defend yourself. Re:LockeZ I agree I don't like LockeZ's votes mostly because he and I are usually on the same page and I don't understand either of them. Cap was pretty obviously PR and I don't think anyone else was trying to stick it to him but Isrieri, who sensibly gave up after Cap claimed.

@demon: Mostly agreed, although I'd say Gourd/IF unlikely. At that point Gourd looked in trouble so an obvious assist wouldn't be what I'd expect from IF.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Yes, I lost confidence in the Gourd vote because its only proponents were Ebeth, and the guy everyone else had pegged as scum. But now I know the guy everyone had pegged as scum was town, I'm going to reread. Gourd/Ebeth seems unlikely, but Gourd/LockeZ could be possible. But I'm first going to sleep.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The fact that Ebeth wasn't nightkilled doesn't really change my opinion of her, which is that I don't see any particular reason to think she's scum. All she's really done is act suspicious of people, which seems fine to me. Acting suspicious makes sense. Grasping at straws on day one is standard fare. That's how I play too, just look at my damn user title. Part of why I didn't trust Cap was actually that he had so many townreads. There's generally not much reason to have a townread on day one unless someone has a day power, and he had three of them.

I think we all knew that, if Cap wasn't scum, he was gonna be nightkilled last night since he hinted at a power role, which was part of why I didn't really mind pressuring him and even potentially lynching him. He was dead either way.

I was also sort of curious to see if anyone else would jump on the bandwagon (they didn't though). I didn't think scum would have the balls to start a train against Cap, but when Jeroen was like "Hey LockeZ why don't you vote for Cap" I realized that if I did then they might play along. Bleh. That went nowhere, probably because there were two other way less suspicious bandwagons for them to get on.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Actually, the fact that Cap wasn't protected overnight means we probably have a tracker, right? Wonder if they found out who visited him. That would be very useful info.
@LockeZ: Why would Ebeth be nightkilled? Also who do you think is scum?

@Ebeth: Thoughts on LockeZ?

And Gourd is the only person who hasn't posted today right? Rereading his stuff on Isrieri vs Ebeth is interesting -- I don't think scum-Gourd would have bothered acting that out for so many posts unless Ebeth was his scum partner and he needed to keep his vote on Isrieri without drawing suspicion.
LockeZ
author=psy_wombats
@LockeZ: Why would Ebeth be nightkilled? Also who do you think is scum?

I can't think of any reason why she would be. I was just responding to this post:

Everyone who voted Isrieri: Now that we know Isrieri was town, what do you think about Ebeth?

The only thing that's even sorta vaguely changed since the last time he asked this question yesterday is that Ebeth survived the night, which was entirely expected and changes nothing. I was just pointing out it was kind of a dumb question.

Also I don't know who's scum right now. Jeroen seems to be going hard at trying to get other people to explain themselves, which seems productive and vaguely towny. Ebeth has been largely forced onto the defensive, so I think I'll have a better read on her once she starts talking about other people instead of herself. IF and Demonlord aren't doing very much at all, while Gourd and Psy seem to be playing normally.
LockeZ
good job me, using code tags instead of quote tags
Jeroen_Sol
I'm not used to mafia games having this low of a post rate. Where did all the activity go? Where is Gourd?

Anyway, Gourd. You've only mentioned LockeZ thrice yesterday.

author=Gourd_Clae
The only ones who have given me any negative vibes so far is lockeZ and cap. locke just because his personality probably. Although he seemed to take offense to any attempts to narrow down possible suspicious persons. Like he wants it as open as possible, maybe? Doesn't seem helpful to me.

and

author=Gourd_Clae
author=demonlord5000
It is a weird neutral-cynical type of stance to the point that I don't know what to think of it..
LockeZ in general really. XD That's why I mentioned it may just be his personality.

and

author=Gourd_Clae
actually maybe I should clarify that I didn't have any reason for a read on the people not focues on today. I've felt that jeroen's been acting rather town all game as has if but can't think of any specific instance to back this up. psy I have no read on at all although I agree with most of what he says.

Er, actually that's only three people? I feel like that's not bad in the way of reads. LockeZ has witheld more than me tbh

You've said LockeZ was giving you negative vibes. Is this still the case? And I know that I asked both you and LockeZ to post more reads, but why did you feel the need to compare yourself to him, and say he posted less reads than you?
LockeZ
Posting about the same person three times in a single day phase really shouldn't have the word "only" in front of it.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
I mentioned this a while back but it probably got lost- I'm out of town for a bit (be back Sunday!) and that's why I haven't been posting as much. Where the heck did everyone else go though?? We had great activity day 1!

Now that we know we are in either the A or 3 setup I'm more inclined to believe Demons first blunder was a genuine mistake (hey I got confused about the setup as well). Though u need to post more dude.

Jero & Psy both seem pretty town to me though I am a bit paranoid about Jero being overhelpful. Setting yourself up as the chart guy would be a great scum play to seem town. However this is also likely me overthinking the situation and given that he's the one facilitating discussion I wouldn't want to lynch him.

LockeZ I'm on the fence about- he's hard to get a read on. The vote in Cap seems weird but it wouldn't be the first gambit run by town in this game. Him trying to get info from a possible town tracker also seems weird as that would immediately out that person as scum.

My only scum leans are still Gourd and If.
Ebeth
Did anyone get thrown into jail last night?? That'd be a safer way to determine whether we are in A or 3 without outing anyone.
Ebeth
(Assuming Cave is sending out flavour when you get jailed)
author=Ebeth
LockeZ I'm on the fence about- he's hard to get a read on. The vote in Cap seems weird but it wouldn't be the first gambit run by town in this game. Him trying to get info from a possible town tracker also seems weird as that would immediately out that person as scum.

Sounds like you already have a good idea about the setup Ebeth.
Ebeth
That's a "I just woke up typo". As should be to.
In that case, a reveal would be worth it I'd think. But anyway, still waiting on Gourd before putting anything together I guess.
Waiting on gourd is the main reason I haven't been posting as much this day phase (though I don't think I have been that inactive since I posted a good bit day 1). I don't see how knowing the setup at this time helps us. I do think if we had a doctor then they'd have protected cap, but even without that thought a doctor should almost never reveal themselves. In the case of the tracker, it makes no sense for them to reveal themselves until they have useful information.

In that sense I find it odd that lockez brought it up, though I'm not really sure if that's enough reason to say he's scum. I do think he's not being as aggressive as he usually is, but that could just be my imagination.
ahhhh I'm here I'll start reading >.<
author=Jeroen_Sol
You've said LockeZ was giving you negative vibes. Is this still the case? And I know that I asked both you and LockeZ to post more reads, but why did you feel the need to compare yourself to him, and say he posted less reads than you?

After yesterday I don't have much of a read on him still. I can't say he exhibited much scum behavior near the end of the day that I noticed. I compared myself to him because I was responding to your post earlier that also compared the two of us. Sorry for not quoting that in the original post that probably cause a little unneeded confusion.
this:
author=Jeroen_Sol
I could have made this all one post, I guess, but I've noticed Gourd and LockeZ haven't really said much about the people who didn't get focussed on today, or if they have I've missed it.
Ebeth
I'm strongly against the final PR revealing themselves right now unless they have actual useful info. If tracker did see who visited Cap then we need to know- if not they should stay hidden until they have info or to prevent a mislynch if they are targeted. Jailer won't be useful until we nail one of the scum and should not reveal as well.

Also I'm realizing that this may have been what LockeZ was trying to say and I mis interpreted it in which case- oops.