[RMVX ACE] HELP WITH MAP CREATION/TILESET IMPORTING-RIPPING

Pages: 1
I need help importing tilesets from a game into vx ace for my Lunar Fan Game. Or using said tilesets to create maps. Here are two examples of what I have in mind:

These will be the starting area and first dungeon. I am a total noob at game design, so I may need a step by step or very clear instructions. ^_^;;;

I would greatly appreciate any and all help in either putting them in vx Ace's database for use or ripping/using for creating my own maps. Thank you. :D
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You need an image editing program like Gimp.
Import the images tile into gimp and create a grid that's 32x32.
The tiles might not match those dimensions, you may need to resize them.
(If you want to tile map the area that is.)

If you want to parallax map the area you can just cut each part out and save it as a brush. Mapping that way would be very time consuming though.

Here's a basic tutorial on importing resources, ie. sheet sixes, etc...

https://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/1060/

Nice tutorial. I've downloaded GIMP, I also have Paint.net. I will try to work with the tiles and such later. Thanks.
Are A tiles the main map tiles or something different? Like if I started new tilesets on the tiles part of the database would I have to worry with the A tiles or could I just use b c d or e?

EDIT: How does this look so far? It is at 512x512
SunflowerGames

Stick to using B / C / D / E tiles unless you have a floor tile.
(Don't use the top left B tile.)
For floor tiles you can use A5.

A1-A4 are animated tiles. I would avoid using them.

Make sure to make the background transparent before putting that in ace, otherwise it will be green. To make transparent you can select by color and delete.

I have a graphics pack that's free to use. You can see how I have used the tile sheets. (I have gimp files inside the graphics pack for reference.)

https://rpgmaker.net/resources/288/

Here is a tileset I got off of Spriters resource, edited with GIMP. It is 512-X-512 with a 32-X-32 grid. Would this be compatible with VX Ace to use as tiles for stage/area maps?

For some reason my copy vx ace wants to shut down wheb I try to import this tile set into the resources, can some one tell me what the problem is?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Wait, how big is that tileset? It's limit is 512x512. It'll take bigger but you won't be able to use the cutoff. If that tileset is as big as it looks, I wouldn't be surprised if VX Ace is freaking out.
SunflowerGames

You need to put that stuff onto multiple tile sheets likely.
If you can't fit everything into b/c/d/e for one map then you'll need to parallax map.
Pages: 1